Goro

Heavy dialogue skipping on M4-78

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

On Korriban, when you find Vash's cell, Atton's comment gets skipped, as if I quickly skipped it. In the vanilla game it works as intended.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes, I did a fresh install of the game today with the newest version of TSLRCM+M4-78

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")

N/A

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

No

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

No

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Only TSLRCM and M4-78, both from ModDB

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

So here's the problem, I didn't care about Atton's comment being skipped, because I heard it before, the problem started when I exited to M4-78, and the introductory scene (where you and all your companions stand in front of the Ebon Hawk after your first exit) gets completely skipped, with only one of Kreia's and two of Goto's line working normally.

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes, I updated to the newest version of both mods, but it didn't solve the problem

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

I don't have the autosave anymore as I only backed up two saves for the new install, my quicksave and one on Onderon (stupid, I know), but as far as I can remember I did try it with the autosave once, and it didn't work.

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

No, as it's a +30 Hour save and getting to M4-78 with a new game would be waaay too long.

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7 Ultimate

It's problem with the current Steam version of the game. It's not just M4-78, same thing happens with Kaevee and some other modded places. At the moment there is no solution, hopefully next official patch (which might be coming out this week) will help.

• Like 1

It's problem with the current Steam version of the game. It's not just M4-78, same thing happens with Kaevee and some other modded places. At the moment there is no solution, hopefully next official patch (which might be coming out this week) will help.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one and it was making me go insane. Glad to know it's not me screwing something up big time.

Thanks again for the help and thank you for your work!

Yeah, a recent patch was supposed to fix it, but apparently it only worked for some and not all files. Here's hoping they get it right next time...

• Like 1

Yeah, a recent patch was supposed to fix it, but apparently it only worked for some and not all files. Here's hoping they get it right next time...

Yep, downloaded a patch and it still isn't working properly.

Hmm, this makes me curious. Can I install M4-78 now, and if they patch the game, I would not have to reinstall it? Or does it alter main files, that i'd be better off not installing it at all until it is fixed?

Does this still happen with the recent patch?

Well I haven't gotten to M4-78 on my current playthrough yet, but Kaevee's dialogue is still completely skipping for me. So I guess that isn't a good sign lol.

I'll be sure to let you know once I actually do get to M4 though.

I'll be sure to let you know once I actually do get to M4 though.

Please make a note of any dialogue skips between now and the end of M4-78, please? Thanks!

I know of that. I only want to know if there is a chance to fix this bug that Aspyr created in the newest update of the TSLRCM. it would be awesome if we manage to fix this bug before an official patch. Just to show them that if they don´t fix things properly, them we will do it for them. That would be a painfull slap in the face of the guys of Aspyr to show them how work is done properly XD.

I know of that. I only want to know if there is a chance to fix this bug that Aspyr created in the newest update of the TSLRCM. it would be awesome if we manage to fix this bug before an official patch. Just to show them that if they don´t fix things properly, them we will do it for them. That would be a painfull slap in the face of the guys of Aspyr to show them how work is done properly XD.

Let me see if I have this straight: You want the TSLRCM guys - the ones that fixed TSL - to fix it again for Aspyr. Aspyr broke it, tell them to fix it. They're getting the money, have them do the work and clean up the mess they made.

• Like 3

Or just use the legacy beta... there, all of your problems are solved. You don't need to thank me. (It happened for me, updated to see if they fixed the issues and it wasn't great... back to the legacy beta I go.)

Just as a lazy check, would setting the Delay in the DLG for the nodes have an effect, you think?

That will fix the instant skipping, but the VO still wont run (which is the cause of it getting skipped in the first place).

Let me see if I have this straight: You want the TSLRCM guys - the ones that fixed TSL - to fix it again for Aspyr. Aspyr broke it, tell them to fix it. They're getting the money, have them do the work and clean up the mess they made.

Alright alright forget i said anything, it was just an idea i had, sorry... :blush:.

I found a solution to VO skipping issue. Patch coming soon.

What was the problem? what make the dialogue skip?

Custom WAV files no longer worked with Aspyr's patch. Solution was embarrassingly simple - we had to convert all our audio files to MP3.

Patch for both TSLRCM and M4-78EP coming tonight or tomorrow, by the way.

Custom WAV files no longer worked with Aspyr's patch. Solution was embarrassingly simple - we had to convert all our audio files to MP3.

Patch for both TSLRCM and M4-78EP coming tonight or tomorrow, by the way.

Tha was it??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Anyway....to celebrate the bug fix: