Xuul

Why it's not okay to upload someone else's mods

If this entire thread is your roundabout way of admitting you recently used either a screenshot another user took or texture files as a "template without obtaining permission, then please for everyone's sake either inform the user/ask for their permission or take it down.

Again someone insinuate that I am doing something bad.

I already explained what happened and I am not going to lose my time anymore. So, I give up.

Witch hunting as I said before. I am very afraid of uploading anything since I dont know how it will be received. Recently, I thought of taking the request of the disciple holocron quest, I even started some scripts and sorting some dialogues, but even if I finish it I am keeping to myself like all the other mods I made.

I dont have fun anymore on this community (if I ever had in the first place) so I am leaving.

Do I need to spell it out further? Actually I will replace photo with mod from my example. To be clear I don't care at all about screenshots. 

The photographer owns the right to the photo, taking the photo without their explicit consent and then distributing it as your own is stealing. Also, if you took their photo and hosted it on your site which in turns give you traffic to your site and not to them, without permissions or worse in direct violation of them asking not to redistribute their photo, then I would also consider that a form of stealing. 

The modder owns the right to the mod, taking the mod without their explicit consent and then distributing it as your own is stealing. Also, if you took their mod and hosted it on your site which in turns give you traffic to your site and not to them, without permissions or worse in direct violation of them asking not to redistribute their  mod, then I would also consider that a form of stealing. 

There ya go, I am sorry people can't make the connection...  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Maybe we need to make a checklist to clear up some of these questions. I think it would be actually pretty helpful and might clear up some of the ambiguity around site conduct, persmissions, etc

• Like 1