Sith Holocron

Bugs and minor inconveniences with M4-78EP (1.2)

Here's the place to report bugs, errors with other mods, etc.

While there are currently no plans to update M4-78EP any further, if any game breaking bugs are found they obviously will be fixed (and maybe other tiny ones with them), can't leave them in for everyone to annoy. So don't assume it's automatically an useless thing to report stuff here.

NOTE: Only report issues here if you use the latest version of M4-78! Error reports for previous versions of M4-78 EP.

If you don't have version 1.2, please update to the latest version of the M4-78 Enhancement Project! That very well might resolve your issue.

If reporting bugs . . . use the following format. Include both the questions and the answers to them.

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY. If using a Steam, KOTOR Collection, or GOG version, put down "N/A")

5) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

6) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

7) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

8) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

9) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

10) Have you tried using a different save game?

11) Have you tried starting a new game?

12) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

OK, guess I'll be the first... five bugs, three minor, one not minor, one gamebreaking.

First, the black market droid's "No offense but I don't normally dead with other droids" (paraphrasing) has no sound, not even beeps.

Second, when the droids accost you to investigate the "murder of two dead droids", the screen keeps cutting to a blank blue screen whenever one of the droids talks (the one who says "I'm afraid we have to place you under arrest"). Also, as far as I can tell, the cutscene happens every time you go past them.

Third, a lot of things (doors, charging stations, consoles, the torsos of some droids) all appear blue and featureless until you get close to them...

Fourth, I can't return to Central Zone from the Industrial Control Zone. It's a one way trip...

Fifth, there's no sign of IS-33 anywhere.

Questions from the format:

1:Right away.

2: Yes.

3: Steam

4: NA

5: Used provided installer.

6: no.

7: Um...TSLRCM, Extended Enclave, Handmaiden4Females, Muiltistim, No force restrictions on armor, whereami armband, and some textures (none of which should be affecting M4-78's textures - these are textures for Atton and such).

8: All information given.

9: Yes.

10: Doesn't seem to have any effect.

11: No.

12: Windows 10.

EDIT: One big complaint. Removing the mod also removed spells.2da completely. M4-78EP was not the only mod to have edited that, so now I have to reinstall all those other mods...

EDIT 2: It didn't just remove Spells.2da, it removed a bunch of TSLRCM's stuff too...whole modules gone. Have to reinstall the entire game and all my mods now.

Sound too much issues to be just this mod alone, something else is at work here. How many of these mods are workshop and which manual. Where did you install the manual mods to?

(H4F should not be used on 1.8.4)

Yeah, the uninstaller of M4 does remove TSLRCM aswell. You really shouldn't have installed it on the base game but use the TSRLCM workshop.

I'm using the TSLRCM version of H4F: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/226-handmaiden-4-females-disciple-4-males-for-tslrcm-183/ . Or is that mod waiting on a 1.8.4 update?

No workshop mods, installed all the manual mods with TSLPatcher.

I thought we shouldn't use workshop mods- heard a lot of horror stories about workshop crashing KOTOR.

The Ithorian and Duros holograms in the Industrial Zone testing area are solid, you can't walk through them. Which is silly, considering you can walk through the droid holograms in the very next room.

The dialogue is a bit ehhhhhh in parts, but that's not something that can be quickly fixed without recording the lines again.

When I pointed that out to Zbyl he said that was intentional (cause it allowed actual targets for the droids). So WAI.

Lack of VO when these sentences are spoken:

Lack of VO IS-56:

post-8968-0-94128100-1442108198_thumb.jpg

Lack of VO IS-63:

post-8968-0-41774700-1442108206_thumb.jpg

Lack of VO HK-47 and T3-M4 when talking with ES-50's Assistant:

post-8968-0-27316200-1442108211_thumb.jpgpost-8968-0-78492900-1442108215_thumb.jpg

First of all say THANKS and show my admiration all that people for these big and great jobs

Second, English is not my native language and for sure I'm far of perfection. "My only Hope" ;-) is to be able that you understand me.

Well, the problem... (I hope too this is the correct place for the plot)

I downloaded TSLRCM 1.8.4.5 and M4-78EP 1.2.3 and made it run with my 4CD's Spanish version (I know, I know...). It looks like works fine and I can complete Peragus with no problems. After cutscene escaping Peragus, at the Ebon Hawk begins a conversation about what to do (go Telos) and finally about Kreia's wound. All right, at the beginning of the conversation the game freezes, not completely stopped but almost frozen. With time and patience, I'm able to finish the conversation but the game is still frozen. I cannot go out of the cockpit and run for the Hawk. I can interact with the galaxy map, with Atton, and with M3 if he's close enough (the only solution for get out of the cockpit, but stuck again after speaking).

Knowing about limitations of M4-78 with languages, I tried with an English version of K2 (4 CD's). At this moment without any other mod installed, only -obviously, TSLRCM and the patch. Well, the problem is still there. Frozen again at the same point. I've tested with minimum detail options and resolutions, with a set of options of NVidia control panel I've found in this forums, and nothing to do, the problem is still there.

With a fresh installation of K2 and (only) TSLRCM, I have no problems and I can reach Telos normally. (The game give me problems if I simply uninstall M4-78.) Testing different things, I've run through Peragus 4 or 5 times these last days. I think I could make it through Peragus with Kreia's dead eyes now... I don't know what else I can do. 

I want to know -and enjoy- the new contents of TSLRCM, but I wouldn't like leave an entire planet and all its story like is M4-78

Thanks again, from the fringe of the galaxy, Mallorca, in Catalan Countries.

P.S.: Sorry for the "bible"...

• Like 1

This "not being able to move" issue is one of the original bugs in the base game and we can't patch this bug...

The only real "fix" for it is to save and re-load the game, which usually frees up the player...

Nope. I don't think so. At least in my case...

I've played K2 (without mods) several times. The last time few weeks ago (since that last time I decided to try it again with mods), and any of the times I've had this problem. Never froze!!

With only TSLRCM installed, the game works fine (now I'm already in the middle of Dantooine, only remaining Korriban. with any problem). Never froze again!!

With both TSLRCM and M4-78 installed, I tried several times to quit the game, to reload different saves -before and after that point-, and even reboot the PC... and nothing. The freezing was always there, and so I decided post here.

This makes me wonder -and bending my mind- if is possible install the M4-78 mod now, during my game play I don't dare because now I'm using others mods with TSLRCM too...  I think all of them are compatible with M4-78 too, but I don't dare...

Anyway, thanks for the answer, at this moment, enjoying TSLRCM...

If you have any idea, all of)you can find me at the Plains of Khoonda.

Hi Hassat

I said in my first post that I tried different video options, including vertical sync, but I got nothing.

In any case I'll try it again and post results

(Sorry for "flying" Koonda...)

In any case I'll try it again and post results

1) If you're going to list something, list the questions (and your answers to them) from the top of the page.

2) In addition, what fixes besides the V-sync have you tried?

3) Just to confirm, we're ONLY talking about the English 4-CD version, correct? We have to limit fixes to only one English version of the mod at a time. (Non-English versions of M4-78 EP are not supported.)

Ok, according to the list:

After cutscene escaping Peragus

2 The versions are: TSLRCM 1.8.4.5 and M4-78EP 1.2.3 (the lasts I've found)

3 4 CD's english version. I'm at Europe, not sure if there are differences between US version and European english version

4 Yes (the patch I got says "sw_pc_english from 200424 to 210427")

5 No TSLPatcher. Both mods and the Patch are ".exe" with its own installer (if that is the question)

6 N/A

7 No other mods

8  After cutscene escaping Peragus, at the Ebon Hawk begins a conversation about what to do and Kreia's wound. Just after cutscene and before conversation starts the game freezes, not completely stopped but almost frozen. With time and patience, I'm able to finish the conversation but the game is still frozen. I cannot go out of the cockpit and run for the Hawk. I can interact with the galaxy map, with Atton, and with M3 if he's close enough (the only solution for get out of the cockpit, but stuck again after speaking).

9 No, I hadn't any problem neither downloading nor installing them for to think about that

10 Yes

11 Yes (refer my first post: "Testing different things, I've run through Peragus 4 or 5 times these last days", every time starting a new game)

12 WinXP Pro (Non virtual)

referred to V-Sync, I've tested enabled, disabled, minimum video options and resolution, forced-off at Nvidia Control Panel (according I read in these forums) using saves before leave the hangar at Peragus and go into the Hawk (using saves after the point game freezes aswell), and starting fresh new games.

I hope to have been more helpfully now.

Thanks

Hi everybody

A few days ago I decided start a new gameplay with TSLRCM (without M4-78) and other mods and I found exactly the same problem. Maybe this post is useful for identify it. In my case I think it's about the textures ...and my old GF FX5600.

I've found the problem using  "TSL Remastered a1-1 Mod" of SelfInducedComa.com (sic)

(http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/300-k2tslr-the-sith-lords-remastered/)

This "re-texturized" mod of Telos runs fine and smoothly except some places at Citadel Station:

- Entertainment 081:

Near the entrance to merchants zone and inside that place (you can see a lot of details of the desks).

Near any of the entrances to the Cantina (you can see a lot of details at the threshold of the doors).

Inside Cantina (not so much but freeze aswell).

Inside TSF Office, near Lt Grenn.

- Czerka Offices:

Near Lorso and (very) especially inside the Mainframe

I've detected that if I change the camera angle avoiding those textures I'm able to move (at some places this do not work), "jumping" from one character to another helps too. When I'm completely stucked, saving and loading allows me move for a second. So, step by step I can get out of the "dead zone". (All of these "solutions" are useless inside the Hawk with M4-78 installed -my original problem- but the problem is the same).

Of course, the game with minimum detail, resolution and video options...

Oh, Only for test I tried TSLRCM and M4-78 on Win7 and the freezing problem at the Ebon Hawk was there aswell.

I know that this isn't strictly a problem with M4-78 but its similarity with my original problem makes me post here. I think this post can be useful for others users too.

Thanks again

The next version of TSLRCM will feature a resized hyperspace texture, it might solve your issue.

Well, it seems I'm really late to the party but hopefully you still monitor this thread. Anyhow, I recently decided to replay KotOR2 trying out the TSLRCM and M4-78EP. I use an older laptop, which handled vanilla version perfectly fine, but it would seem M4-78EP is too much for it to handle.

I didn't have any problems visiting industrial area with my droid before fixing the radiation problem (perhaps just a bit of lag) but as soon as I enter the area later with my entire party the lag becomes so heavy I can't even move - I either just turn in place or suddenly appear on the other side of the room, which is of course a complete game stopper. I tried lowering all the graphic settings to a complete minimum and turning on/off V-sync but it didn't change a thing. Perhaps I should also mention that I'm also one of the people that get the white square where the restored content logo should appear in main and loading screen (and yes I did install it in a game directory, not in the overwrite folder) but I don't think those two things are really related.

Since I presume the problem is mainly due to my low end machine, I doubt there's a way for me to fix the problem, or is it? So, can perhaps someone give me an idea how to get around the problem if that is even possible, perhaps somehow skipping the M4-78EP or some other way for me to continue playing the game without ''loosing'' the time invested in game so far? It might also be a good idea to mention the higher system requirements in the M4-78EP mod description for other old timers like me and my laptop. :)

And here's the obligatory Q&A regarding the problem:

1) During the game, when did the problem begin to occur?
As soon as I enter Industrial zone at M4-78EP with my main party (after fixing the radiation problem)
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod? (1.8.4 and 1.2 respectively)
Yes.
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, GOG, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
Steam.
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (4-CD version ONLY) na
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
Fresh installation.
6) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
None other, just TSLRCM and M4-78EP.
7) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?
See text above.
8) Have you tried re-downloading/re-installing the mod?
No.
9) Have you tried using a different save game?
No.
10) Have you tried starting a new game?
No.
11) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows XP.
12) Can you confirm that you see the TSLRCM logo on the the main menu screen?
No, white box, even though the mod was installed properly.

Well, for my low-end ten-year-old laptop, what I need to do is turn the camera (and then not to move the character necessarily where the camera is pointing at - using Z and C keys for movement as necessary). I can't really say WHICH direction and where, because it varies, but if the trick works for you, you'll see yourself. Just... turn it everywhere. It is very obvious when it lags less.

It is just the Industrial Zone that gives the worst lag and requires that trick; other areas are fine. Well, at least they were in the previous M4-78 (I haven't tried the newest one yet, for several reasons).

It might actually be the same reason, I don't know if the Industrial Zone uses any non-standard sized textures. If so, it might explain a bit.

@LiliArch: Thanks for the advice. I still suffer quite a bit of lag and moving like that is not exactly an enjoyable experience but  at least I can now move and have a fighting chance to finish M4-78, since I was really looking forward to it.

@Hassat Hunter: I'm pretty sure the main culprit for my problem is my crappy integrated Mobile Intel graphic card, which was a source for many a headache for me in the past but I suppose it is possible.