zbyl2

KOTOR II Re-Release on STEAM!

Great news! An updated version of KOTOR II has been released on Steam, all thanks to Aspyr Media.

It includes bunch of cool new fixes and small tweaks - the most exciting one being built-in support for widescreen resolution!

Game is also now available for Mac and Linux!

Be sure to grab a copy when you get a chance! Or, if you already own KOTOR II on Steam, just download a patch.

• Like 1

Omg that moment that I've been waiting for my whole life but I don't have an updated OS and I'll have to stick with playing it through the PC Version...

So, just to totally understand.  The new native widescreen has both widescreen and the swoop track races fix right?

Widescreen support, Steam achievements, Linux/Mac support :) Awesome and I wouldn't have dreamed of an update like this.

Workshop support is cool too but pretty worthless IMO except for TSLRCM  and other big mods as it has no patching ability and will result in incompablities that could be resolved with TSL Patcher but not with Steams installation method. Still a cool update though.

There's also an article about uploading mods to Steam on the workshop page itself but from what I can tell, it won't allow mod creators to use installers but only specify where which file should be copied, probably replacing it if it was already placed there by other mods.

Widescreen support, Steam achievements, Linux/Mac support :D Awesome and I wouldn't have dreamed of an update like this.

Workshop support is cool too but pretty worthless IMO except for TSLRCM  and other big mods as it has no patching ability and will result in incompablities that could be resolved with TSL Patcher but not with Steams installation method. Still a cool update though.

They wrote an article on how to install mods. They have their own installer for TSLRCM, which is interesting.

http://blog.gameagent.com/how-to-install-mods-for-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-on-the-mac/

There's also an article about uploading mods to Steam on the workshop page itself but from what I can tell, it won't allow mod creators to use installers but only specify where which file should be copied, probably replacing it if it was already placed there by other mods.

I asked this over at LF, but I'll ask it here as well:

I don't have many TSL mods, but I was thinking of making them available on the Workshop (which I've never used). An obvious one is my [TSL] Head Model Fixes since it just has .mdl & .mdx files to overwrite. The question is, do I split it into six separate mods (one for each head model) so that it doesn't clash with anyone else's modified model?

Another mod I'd like to put up is [TSL] Player & Party Underwear, but I'd have to remove BaoDur, Handmaiden & Mira since they need the patcher to change some of the appearance.2da entries. I'm just not sure if I should split this one up too, so that players can choose which of the four Female undies to use, which of the four Male undies to use, and which of the six undies (3LS & 3DS) to use for Visas.

Or are small time mods like these just no worth it for Steam Workshop, and players should just download the existing mods, TSLPatcher and all? I guess I just figured that I'd try and help out all the Mac people that can't run the patcher.

I asked this over at LF, but I'll ask it here as well:I don't have many TSL mods, but I was thinking of making them available on the Workshop (which I've never used). An obvious one is my [TSL] Head Model Fixes since it just has .mdl & .mdx files to overwrite. The question is, do I split it into six separate mods (one for each head model) so that it doesn't clash with anyone else's modified model?Another mod I'd like to put up is [TSL] Player & Party Underwear, but I'd have to remove BaoDur, Handmaiden & Mira since they need the patcher to change some of the appearance.2da entries. I'm just not sure if I should split this one up too, so that players can choose which of the four Female undies to use, which of the four Male undies to use, and which of the six undies (3LS & 3DS) to use for Visas.Or are small time mods like these just no worth it for Steam Workshop, and players should just download the existing mods, TSLPatcher and all? I guess I just figured that I'd try and help out all the Mac people that can't run the patcher.

Well, I've been playing Kotor 2 for a while on my Mac now. To run the TSLPatcher, all we need is an app called Wine or Crossover, those two run .exe files. So we can install mods properly through that. I have a video on my YouTube channel about it.

I asked this over at LF, but I'll ask it here as well:

I don't have many TSL mods, but I was thinking of making them available on the Workshop (which I've never used). An obvious one is my [TSL] Head Model Fixes since it just has .mdl & .mdx files to overwrite. The question is, do I split it into six separate mods (one for each head model) so that it doesn't clash with anyone else's modified model?

Another mod I'd like to put up is [TSL] Player & Party Underwear, but I'd have to remove BaoDur, Handmaiden & Mira since they need the patcher to change some of the appearance.2da entries. I'm just not sure if I should split this one up too, so that players can choose which of the four Female undies to use, which of the four Male undies to use, and which of the six undies (3LS & 3DS) to use for Visas.

Or are small time mods like these just no worth it for Steam Workshop, and players should just download the existing mods, TSLPatcher and all? I guess I just figured that I'd try and help out all the Mac people that can't run the patcher.

I'd choose one version to upload to the Steam workshop and add a link to the description that tells people where they can find more versions if they want to.

Most people will probably never read that but even they can enjoy one version of your mod.

Well, I've been playing Kotor 2 for a while on my Mac now. To run the TSLPatcher, all we need is an app called Wine or Crossover, those two run .exe files. So we can install mods properly through that. I have a video on my YouTube channel about it.

That's good to know. Are you using a disk version or Steam version? I'm just curious since I own the disk version on PC, and was thinking of maybe getting the Steam version for Mac.

I'd choose one version to upload to the Steam workshop and add a link to the description that tells people where they can find more versions if they want to.

Most people will probably never read that but even they can enjoy one version of your mod.

That's a good idea. I could upload mods that fix default models' clipping issues and uvw maps.

That's good to know. Are you using a disk version or Steam version? I'm just curious since I own the disk version on PC, and was thinking of maybe getting the Steam version for Mac.

That's a good idea. I could upload mods that fix default models' clipping issues and uvw maps.

I just managed to install a mod on the new KotOR II Mac version with the TSLPatcher using Wine.

First make sure you have installed TSLRCM (and only TSLRCM) with the workshop. After that you can install your mod with the TSLPatcher with the direction folder the TSLRCM mod is installed in (so not your game itself).

It's probably in Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Workshop/content/(and then some folders that use numbers as their name). The folder you arrive in is used by steam to overwrite the files in the gameapp while playing.

The only thing I tried out were the new TOR HK-Models by Darth Parametric (which are wonderful) with the reskins by Kainzorus Prime. So far it all seems to work.

Also what I want to know: are two mods on the Steam workshop that for example both use the appearance .2da compatible with each other or does one overwrite the other?

and BTW: I see a lot of people start to upload content which isn't theirs. Is that even allowed? It seems like a shitty move to me. :S

I just managed to install a mod on the new KotOR II Mac version with the TSLPatcher using Wine.

First make sure you have installed TSLRCM (and only TSLRCM) with the workshop. After that you can install your mod with the TSLPatcher with the direction folder the TSLRCM mod is installed in (so not your game itself).

It's probably in Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steamapps/Workshop/content/(and then some folders that use numbers as their name). The folder you arrive in is used by steam to overwrite the files in the gameapp while playing.

The only thing I tried out were the new TOR HK-Models by Darth Parametric (which are wonderful) with the reskins by Kainzorus Prime. So far it all seems to work.

Also what I want to know: are two mods on the Steam workshop that for example both use the appearance .2da compatible with each other or does one overwrite the other?

and BTW: I see a lot of people start to upload content which isn't theirs. Is that even allowed? It seems like a shitty move to me. :S

They will overwrite each other. That's why we should just stick with the TSLPatcher.

Is anyone annoyed by the music fading out during cutscenes and terminals... for me it becomes a lot quieter during certain moments and I am starting to get annoyed by it :/

They will overwrite each other. That's why we should just stick with the TSLPatcher.

That's too bad, I suspect a lot of steam users who don't pay attention and install multiple mods using the workshop will get crashes and blame the mods :S

Is anyone annoyed by the music fading out during cutscenes and terminals... for me it becomes a lot quieter during certain moments and I am starting to get annoyed by it :/

I've noticed that too! Be sure to send an email to Aspyr notifying them of this.

Yeah, noticed this too. Apparently Steam allows it and basically just keeps their hands of anything workshop related... but it does leave a bad taste to me aswell.

Some more screens, showing off the superfluously high resolution + beautiful retextures from Xarwarz, Vurt and... I don't remember who did the Polar Plateau retexture :/

h6m4cah.jpgQ0eZUdK.jpgJrMgRYw.jpg

Some more screens, showing off the superfluously high resolution + beautiful retextures from Xarwarz, Vurt and... I don't remember who did the Polar Plateau retexture :/

h6m4cah.jpgQ0eZUdK.jpgJrMgRYw.jpg

Quick question about the screens:  does the new version come with widescreen UI fixed or are you using a mod *ahem* :)