Recommended Posts

First off I'm glad things were kept civil enough after the first shots were fired, so thank you for that.

 

Second, in regards to everything that was said, we have no real control over GUI stuff because of the way the GUI is coded and worked into the game. While the idea to use feats was a nice one, the game would have ignored it entirely. About the only way to do this would be to edit any script that launches the workbench and have it unequip all equipped lightsabers, remember who they were equipped to, move them to a known inventory object (like a spawned-in footlocker), show the screen, and then restore the equipment settings and de-spawn the placeable object. Come to think of it, that should actually be possible and it wouldn't even be all that messy, I think. I can run tests on it and check Kaidon's permissions in the meantime.

 

As to the pathfinding thing, the game truly does have horrible pathfinding, but it doesn't help that everything in the appearance.2da has a "cylinder" of space around it for purposes of determining whether the creature can fit through any gaps and stuff. Either way, you could get around this a bit by warping the creature in question behind you, but then that kind of ruins the point of seeing them walk over to the workbench...

 

EDIT: According to Kaidon's status update from February 2016, his mods are free-for-all on editing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else get a bug with Bao Dur where when u train him to become a Jedi Guardian during the training sequence when you spar with him the bao dur in the garage or storage compartment from the training is still there after the dialogue thus creating two bao durs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this topic is still looked at-

 

Created/Completed the personal lightsaber quest, got a notification of a new force power, however, there isn't one in my list. In addition, opening up KSE shows the force power from this mod is not even in the list. Any ideas?

 

EDIT: Nevermind, TSLpatcher did not apparently install all the files the first time around. Reran it, was able to add the power to my list through KSE.

Edited by Spectrefox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod just wont work at all. It doesnt even appear to work despite the entire install being perfectly fine. Theres no show for schmatic lightsaber mod at the visas and the other two characters screen like it used to and none of the characters have any lightsabers from the mod its just the dumb plain cylinder hilt. I dont know whats going on. TSCLRM and this should be fine and run together but no steam version or not the damn thing wont work anymore. It worked the first time but it would crash my game or something did so i did a complete wipe and reinstall of everything inlcuding the game. Now it no longer works and i dont know what the hell is going on. Im assuming its something to do with the new steam update it had but i use a cracked exe for 1080p and it worked the first time now it doesnt no matter what. Course before that none of my steam mods would even work despite being installed. Nor would any override folder mods work either or tsl patcher mods and some of the tsl patcher mods dont even give the option for install for whatever reason now. Is everything just broken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrpyticSoul said:

This mod just wont work at all. It doesnt even appear to work despite the entire install being perfectly fine. Theres no show for schmatic lightsaber mod at the visas and the other two characters screen like it used to and none of the characters have any lightsabers from the mod its just the dumb plain cylinder hilt. I dont know whats going on. TSCLRM and this should be fine and run together but no steam version or not the damn thing wont work anymore. It worked the first time but it would crash my game or something did so i did a complete wipe and reinstall of everything inlcuding the game. Now it no longer works and i dont know what the hell is going on. Im assuming its something to do with the new steam update it had but i use a cracked exe for 1080p and it worked the first time now it doesnt no matter what. Course before that none of my steam mods would even work despite being installed. Nor would any override folder mods work either or tsl patcher mods and some of the tsl patcher mods dont even give the option for install for whatever reason now. Is everything just broken?

From what I can tell, you have mods from the Steam Workshop plus override/TSLPatcher mods? Are these patcher mods installed into Override or the Steam Workshop files? 

One thing I can recommend is stop using the Workshop all together, while a TSLPatcher is designed to merge your mods so that they work the Steam Workshop doesn't do that meaning you could have two mods installed which is breaking everything. Plus, if you install an Override/TSLPatcher mod into the main files with a Steam mod installed that'll break as well as Steam installs its mod in an entirely separate folder than normal mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, corvo48 said:

do I need to start a new game or can I use an old save if the save was with TSLRCM?

Can't say for sure, but it looks like it modifies important things. So, I would start with a new game. You might be able to get by with a save early in the game if you haven't visited any worlds, but I'm guessing.

I know, you want to skip Peragus and Telos... No love for the opening game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hank Hill said:

Any possibility of adding this to the steam workshop for kotor 2?

No.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/7321-why-not-to-use-the-steam-workshop/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! Mac user here. I can't use the mod as a result of being incapable of running the .exe which I imagine affects baseitems.2da and dialogue files and such. Is there any way I could get those files seperately so that I can install them manually? This looks like an amazing mod and I would really appreciate the ability to use it. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JoshuaPunong said:

Hey! Mac user here. I can't use the mod as a result of being incapable of running the .exe which I imagine affects baseitems.2da and dialogue files and such. Is there any way I could get those files separately so that I can install them manually? This looks like an amazing mod and I would really appreciate the ability to use it. ❤️

On one hand, the original creator of the mod isn't going to do anything with this.  It's the reason he's allowed permission for anyone to use his mods.  Since that permission was granted, the best place for your to ask for what you want in the Mod Requests section.  Be sure when making your request to point out the fact that Kaidon Jorr's mods can be used but should have any relevant attribution in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 6:05 PM, Def not the sandvich said:

Hi Kaidon Jorn I was wondering what file is the player named lightsaber hilt so I can swap the models for the Hikari and the named hilt.

You could just build yourself an Hikari if you want. 

But if not..

tag and template= quest_sbr_100-109

                                 quest_dbl_100-109

which point to models 100-109 single and double bladed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello. I have been a kotor and kotor II fan for a very long time, but only just now am I playing the game again with the restoration mod, and I'm having a blast. I also recently downloaded and successfully installed a simple reskin mod.

The next mod I'm hoping to install is this one: the SLM mod. Years ago, I played the vanilla kotor II game with a lightsaber mod, and it greatly enhanced the experience. 

But when I attempt to install this mod, I consistently receive the message : invalid game folder specified, dialogue. tlk file not found. 

I have thoroughly read the readme and followed all its instructions, these instructions: For mod compatibility with TSLRCM and M4-78EP using the STEAM VERSION of the game, you will need to install this mod into TSLRCM's Workshop Override Folder, but only after M4-78EP 1.2 (if you plan to use it). Then you may install SLM and the M4-78EP Compatibility Patch. 

I attempt to install the mod in Program files>Steam>Steamapps>workshop>content>208580>1402798020>override. But I receive the same message. I do not know what I am overlooking.

So, I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. The game experience so far has been amazing, but I know with this mod it will be even more so. After all, the Exile was able to create his/her own saber, the other characters need to as well. Currently, I have a ship full of jedi and only 4 lightsabers available, including mine.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the correct path should look like C:Program files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/workshop/content/208580/485537937

It does not go in override. Just the main workshop folder.

if I'm right about the Steam workshop naming conventions, tslrcm has that number for the folder.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, Kaidon Jorn said:

You could just build yourself an Hikari if you want. 

But if not..

tag and template= quest_sbr_100-109

                                 quest_dbl_100-109

which point to models 100-109 single and double bladed.

thanks man. is it as simple as simly swaping the names on the hika files and quest sbr files or do I need to use some sort of modding tool to do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmmm no.

I would use kotor tool or kgff to manually switch the model numbers in the .UTI files.

so all the hikari sabers have 100-109 as their model numbers.

then change the quest sabers to have the hikari numbers 120-129

then there's the crystals...if need be. 

Oh...then find the textures for both and rename them the opposites of each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaidon Jorn said:

Mmmmm no.

I would use kotor tool or kgff to manually switch the model numbers in the .UTI files.

so all the hikari sabers have 100-109 as their model numbers.

then change the quest sabers to have the hikari numbers 120-129

then there's the crystals...if need be. 

Oh...then find the textures for both and rename them the opposites of each other.

ah, okay.

Edited by Def not the sandvich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.