VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Well, that is sad news indeed, since I am already getting back into modding. (I haven't modded for so long, I'm just so eager to get back to it again!) I'm done with high school as of yesterday and the only thing that remains are the school-leaving exams, that I really just have to pass, starting next Saturday. Still gonna study for them, but after they're done, I was planning to devote a lot of my time to modding. So... me and VP will have to talk about this, as for everyone else, just know that my plan is to start Malachor back up in the coming month.

Edited by bead-v

That is great news indeed. Thank you for your dedication to the project. We the game fans are grateful for this.

lol Whenever I post something about postponing or a busy schedule, we end up jumping back on the project.

Hmmmm perhaps I should cancel all of my projects ;)

is high school the same as secondary school in england because i leave on friday for ever, big pary after; going to get so drunk!

So where did you guys get to on the issue of player controls. We had a giant debate about it a year ago but what did you decide?

It's more or less like this:

Party members are player controlled only for fights which directly affect only 1 party member's fate, or in a case where one is painted as an unquestionable bad guy.

So with matches like:

Atton vs. Sion

Mira vs. Hanharr

HK-47 vs. G0-T0

Party vs. Kreia

You can more or less tell who needs to win in order for the story to advance a certain way.

If we had the VO, I would have liked to be able to take those fights in multiple directions. Unlikely, but still worth a shot maybe.

So the party versus Kreia fight would be player controlled even though it affects the fates of multiple party members because Kreia is an unquestionable antagonist? Interesting. I'll have to play it before I decide how I like player controlled fights.

I hope they are not extremely difficult. With fights where you have to win to advance the story, extreme difficulty is not a good thing. It is fine with fights where you can lose.

Which fights will you be able to lose and still continue?

So the party versus Kreia fight would be player controlled even though it affects the fates of multiple party members because Kreia is an unquestionable antagonist? Interesting. I'll have to play it before I decide how I like player controlled fights.

I hope they are not extremely difficult. With fights where you have to win to advance the story, extreme difficulty is not a good thing. It is fine with fights where you can lose.

Which fights will you be able to lose and still continue?

Party vs. Kreia will be difficult - but well... it's a unique battle for spoiler reasons. If it were done any other way, I would just have it run automatically.

Atton vs. Sion, for obvious reasons, you'll be able to lose and continue. That one is pretty obvious.

HK-47 vs. G0-T0 is also another you'll be able to lose and continue. Although this is tied to the ability to destroy Malachor, so there may be the need to play with some details so that losing that battle alone doesn't totally dictate Malachor's ending.

Yes, but modding is a long process and a time consuming thing.

How is the mod progressing?

IIRC, VP said there are two things before Malachor VI will be continued on . . .

1) TSLRCM 1.8 has to be finished/released: As Malachor VI builds on what TSLRCM 1.8 will have in place, this is only natural.

2) He also needs Bead-V - his partner on Malachor VI - to be available to work it as well.

I wouldn't expect any updates until those two things happen.

MVI will not move forward until we have a clear cut game plan, which we are in the process of discussing and formulating.

Thank you for the quick reply and keep up the great work you have been doing with TSLRCM and Malachor VI.

What is the new progress? or continue on 45%??

There is no new progress. Look two posts above yours.

What is the new progress? or continue on 45%??

Hmm, well I think the new tally is 55%

As far as arbitrary completion percentages go, I think that is more accurate than the aforementioned 45%

Keep in mind that this number means almost nothing except for how we feel we're doing. The actual percentage could be much higher or lower than that. We don't specifically know, because we have not really quantified the workload.

I am loving what has been talked about so far, even with the TSLRCM Malachor V still lacked a real endgame-punch, and the way you guys are listening on feedback means that whatever we get will be what people have asked for. Good luck on finding the time for this once 1.8 is complete, its awesome to know that after nearly 10 years this game is still being worked upon and improved.

On the matter of the vs. battles, I understand (and completely agree) that they can't be player controlled, but have you considered allowing the Exile to 'influence' the outcome at all? If you put him/her in the vicinity of the fight and give them the option to cast a single power to advantage/disadvantage whichever one they choose - e.g. The DS Exile could force choke Handmaiden/Atton so Visas/Micah gets a free hit, or LS could heal H/M against A/V, leaving the battle to the game but still feeling partially in control and able to help dictate the result suitable for their alignment.

I'm probably way too late for my suggestion to be of any help, but I'd not seen it mentioned anywhere else :)

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with, good luck on TSLRCM v1.8!

On the matter of the vs. battles, I understand (and completely agree) that they can't be player controlled, but have you considered allowing the Exile to 'influence' the outcome at all? If you put him/her in the vicinity of the fight and give them the option to cast a single power to advantage/disadvantage whichever one they choose - e.g. The DS Exile could force choke Handmaiden/Atton so Visas/Micah gets a free hit, or LS could heal H/M against A/V, leaving the battle to the game but still feeling partially in control and able to help dictate the result suitable for their alignment.

To expand on this, or perhaps as an alternative, why not allow the use of Battle Meditation in the same manner you do on Onderon if you've acquired the power?

Hi, this looks really cool! I was wondering, how much of this mod is completely new stuff compared to files level on the discs (for example the Visas/mandalore conversation as they walk the surface),I know TSLRCM leave some stuff out as it would require changing things hence it would be more of a new content mod if they did so.

Hi, this looks really cool! I was wondering, how much of this mod is completely new stuff compared to files level on the discs (for example the Visas/mandalore conversation as they walk the surface),I know TSLRCM leave some stuff out as it would require changing things hence it would be more of a new content mod if they did so.

I think you had best check this thread for the answer.

Well...TSLRCM 1.8.2 is out...M4-78 EP is out...it seems that, as the title says "An Ending Mod", this is the last piece required to complete the Kotor II puzzle :)

Well...TSLRCM 1.8.2 is out...M4-78 EP is out...it seems that, as the title says "An Ending Mod", this is the last piece required to complete the Kotor II puzzle :D

Well, it's not exactly the only piece we are missing. (There is the GenoHaradan material, there are the holocrons that Disciple is supposed to help the Exile find, and there are a few other things too.) It is, however, a great idea and it would definitely contribute to the game. :D

Well...TSLRCM 1.8.2 is out...M4-78 EP is out...it seems that, as the title says "An Ending Mod", this is the last piece required to complete the Kotor II puzzle :)

We're still missing the Malachor VI mod, which is the final piece to the puzzle.

We're still missing the Malachor VI mod, which is the final piece to the puzzle.

*Facepalms* That's what he just said! :mad: Read before posting people!

• Like 2

After finishing the game a few hours ago, this is my new top mod to keep an eye out for when its done.

I never realized how much the original ending lacked until I saw it for myself.