JayDominus

TXT to TLK converter?

So, I have this thingy going on that requires a lot of TLK editing. TalkED, while a great tool, is not very comfortable for doing a lot of editing, with its lack of autoreplace function. Converting the TLK to TXT or other Notepad+ editable formats would be perfect and I found a tool for doing that - Ajaja's TLK unpacker. But the only problem is that included packer makes the strings all jumbled and in all the wrong places. TLK Compiler by another user that Google search found me just doesn't work and creates empty files. So I a tool to convert TLK to TXT (or other Notepad+ editable formats) and back. Can you  please tell me if there is one?

There is no tool for such at this time, but within a few days I can send you a tool that will convert the tlk to txt, with some formatting:

Header:

Language:

Number of Strings:

Then for each string:

String :

Flags:

Sound:

SoundLengeth:

Text Present:

Audio:

Text:

That would be the format I'd extract the TLK in, and I'd need it to be in that format to convert back to TLK. Also, I say that I'll send the TXT->TLK first because the TLK->TXT will be a bit more complicated to do and require more time.

Also, given the specific use of the tool, it'll probably be a command-line/prompt tool, okay?

• Like 1

There is no tool for such at this time, but within a few days I can send you a tool that will convert the tlk to txt, with some formatting:

Header:

Language:

Number of Strings:

Then for each string:

String <TLK StrRef>:

Flags:

Sound: <Yes/No>

SoundLengeth:

Text Present: <Yes/No>

Audio:

Text:

That would be the format I'd extract the TLK in, and I'd need it to be in that format to convert back to TLK. Also, I say that I'll send the TXT->TLK first because the TLK->TXT will be a bit more complicated to do and require more time.

Also, given the specific use of the tool, it'll probably be a command-line/prompt tool, okay?

Sure! This will help me tremendously, thank you!

You're a life saver! My translation project would take 4x more time without such a thing!

Well, unfortunately, I'm not sure how it will work with languages other than English. It'll need testing on that.

Well, unfortunately, I'm not sure how it will work with languages other than English. It'll need testing on that.

Just tried it out, converting to TXT works like a charm with non-English letters.

Just tried it out, converting to TXT works like a charm with non-English letters.

Well, that's great!

Guess what's better?

Here's the TXT to TLK converter! :D

Mind you, it will again have to be tested for compatibility with other languages...

• Like 1

Hmm. It only creates 1kb files for me, regardless of language. 

Can you contact me on Skype within 10-15 minutes? It'll be easiest when we can send files to each other.

Edited by Fair Strides

Can you contact me on Skype within 10-15 minutes? It'll be easiest when we can send files to each other.

Sorry for the late reply. Can I contact you later? I'm tired and in need of a good nap.

I got your Skype id.

Sorry for double post.

Fair Strides sent me new files over Skype and they worked flawlessly. He'll post the new files here.

Same question here; why dont you upload these to "proper" downloads knowing it's working?

As in, uploading it in the download section?

Hadn't thought it really necessary, as it's a specialized tool and we don't really have a section for tools in the upload...

Well we have Media, Mods, and Skins in the downloads section. Perhaps we should put out a request for an Essential Tools or Modding Tools section as well.

Hadn't thought it really necessary, as it's a specialized tool and we don't really have a section for tools in the upload...

I added a Modding Tools category for you.

Wasn't sure whether to put it under KOTOR or TSL, so it's a separate section altogether.

I added a Modding Tools category for you.

Wasn't sure whether to put it under KOTOR or TSL, so it's a separate section altogether.

Is it possible to increase the maximum file size?

With the way Perl packs it's files, my tools usually run above 5MB, but don't get as high as 10MB. The maximum is 2MB, and I simply can't meet that.

Is it possible to increase the maximum file size?

With the way Perl packs it's files, my tools usually run above 5MB, but don't get as high as 10MB. The maximum is 2MB, and I simply can't meet that.

Sorry, didn't notice the limit.

I increased it!