Gorgod

Gorgod's Krazy Korner

I'm back bitchez!

So yeah, I decided to make a deadlystream thread to show some of the stuff I'm working on. Haven't exactly modded in a while, but with a ton of free time I've decided to get back into it and come up with some new ideas.

Ebon Hawk Enhancement [K1]

This is a fairly simple mod for KOTOR 1, with a few features to make your time on the Ebon Hawk a little more enjoyable.

Implemented Features

• Combat Simulator [75%] - Basically a computer console you walk up to and it spawns enemies for you to fight. Quite similar to the dueling system on Taris in that no experience is gained, just combat and when you or the enemy reaches minimum HP level the simulation ends. All the scripts are written and in place, now I'm just creating different varieties of enemies to fight, e.g. Jedi, Sith, Thug, Kath Hounds, etc. Special thanks to Fair Strides for some really nice holo skins.                

m8g32u.jpg

• Information Terminal [35%] - The navigation computer in the middle of the Ebon Hawk is now interactable. Right now, the only thing you can do with the computer is learn about the different species and planets of the galaxy, however in the future more will be included. Around 60 different planets have information about them.                              

zv7uhv.jpg

• Barrington, Protocol Droid Butler [50%] - This little guy is truly the diamond in this mod. A fully customizable droid, you can change his personality, what language he speaks in, and much more. He will have his own input on each party member and the planet you are currently on depending on his personality. He also tells jokes, and may even have some comments on your gender/alignment. The possibilities with Barrington are endless so if any of you guys have ideas on some interactions with him, feel free to say so.          

de4vbd.jpg

• Medical Droid [implemented] - A droid in the med bay to heal you after a combat simulation. Pretty simple.                                                                            

2v1uf45.jpg

Planned Features

• Adoption - Not sure about this one quite yet, but maybe you could be able to go onto a planet, find a child who is in need of a loving parent and bring them on the Ebon Hawk to go on your adventures. You can converse with him/her, teach things to the child, and even influence their alignment.
  • Marriage - This is not necessarily "planned", just maybe an idea. It wouldn't really make much sense, what with Carth and Basty, but who knows, maybe it could be cool if executed right, having a live-in love interest that's not whining every five minutes could be a fun thing.
  • Spice Stash - Have an on-board junkie with a bunch of spice for you to do with him. Controversial, but could add some humor and escape from stressful adventures.
  • HoloMarket - Computer terminal in cargo bay that allows you to order items over the HoloNet, wait a while, and then return to the terminal to receive the items you ordered.
  • AND MORE! - Just my excuse for the fact that I have no other ideas. But seriously, suggestions! I love them and ones I like could end up in the mod, with credit to you of course.

Voice actors for the droids and any other characters I bring on the ship would be great.

• Like 1

Regarding Barrington, Protocol Droid Butler:

Could you have the following things included for this new character:

- Have Barrington acknowledge other possible new party members such as "Sera Deagana" from Brotherhood of Shadow and/or "Jedi Knight Kay" from Recruitable Kay if they are in the game

- Have Barrington be a part of the conversation/scene when the entire party discusses if they still support the player character after the "big KotOR reveal." Have the reply fit the personality you set for him.

- Personality suggestion: Have a "Obsequious" option, for all those that want their droid to suck up to them in an over-the-top manner.

Regarding Adoption:

How appropriate is it before a potential parent to adopt during a "we must save the universe from evil" story like we have in KotOR? Just my two cents...

Regarding Marriage:

If you have a marriage, why not have it done during the medal scene after the Star Forge is destroyed. (Or if dark sided, during the "Hail Revan" scene.) That way, you're aren't interrupting the flow of the main story.

GORGOD IS BACK! HALLELUJAH! PRAISE SATAN!

I would love to voice act for Barrington, but there are professionals out there who would probably be able to do split-personality better than I. Also British accents. Yeah. No.

Also, I understand that the combat simulator in theory shouldn't give you experience points, but some players might like it as sort of a "justified cheat" or an "in-universe solution" for getting more experience. However, this would be way more useful in KotOR II than in KotOR... so maybe just disregard this whole thingy...

Regarding Barrington, Protocol Droid Butler:

Could you have the following things included for this new character:

- Have Barrington acknowledge other possible new party members such as "Sera Deagana" from Brotherhood of Shadow and/or "Jedi Knight Kay" from Recruitable Kay if they are in the game

- Have Barrington be a part of the conversation/scene when the entire party discusses if they still support the player character after the "big KotOR reveal." Have the reply fit the personality you set for him.

- Personality suggestion: Have a "Obsequious" option, for all those that want their droid to suck up to them in an over-the-top manner.

Regarding Adoption:

How appropriate is it before a potential parent to adopt during a "we must save the universe from evil" story like we have in KotOR? Just my two cents...

Regarding Marriage:

If you have a marriage, why not have it done during the medal scene after the Star Forge is destroyed. (Or if dark sided, during the "Hail Revan" scene.) That way, you're aren't interrupting the flow of the main story.

I like the idea of Barrington being involved in the Revan reveal scene, and his reaction dependent on his personality. Also being able to make him a slave of sorts is a good idea, however one personality selection is "standard" and that pretty much makes him serve you like a normal droid should. And maybe adding Kay and Sera may be a little more trouble than it's worth to have to write in dialogue, write scripts, etc. for party members that all users of this mod may not even have just to have his opinion of them. Just my opinion. Also, on adoption and marriage, Skyrim has a storyline where it's involved in an all out war and adoption and marriage is still possible. Marriage after completion of the game would kind of be useless, as the main point is to have characters on the Ebon Hawk to interact with, and your main ho/gigolo on the ship, if I were to implement it, would be there only as a support system and to have the subject of a mini-romance storyline.

Also, first post updated.

I think it'd be nice, but ultimately it'd be up to Gorgod. Of course it would just be an optional thing when installing.

I ask the question publicly so folks can weigh in as it could possibly be a determining factor on whether he should expend the effort. It is Gorgod's choice to act on it or not.

Thinking back on it, I think it would be good if I made the mod compatible with BoS and Recruitable Kay, but only after I've finished all the vanilla stuff. So yeah, seeing the demand kind of swayed my decision.

Anyways, this is a kind of different sort of idea, but what if every 5 duels or so in the combat simulator that you win, you get a set amount of experience or like tickets at an arcade that you can redeem for certain prizes like lightsabers and energy shields and stuff that you have to have a certain amount of tickets to get  :P. I mean I don't know, I already have the HoloMarket planned for item purchase, but that's with credits and adding a ticket system could create a whole new kind of fun minigame to play. What do you guys think?

These are all interesting ideas but what do you want to work on first?

I mean, right now I'm just working on finishing the features that are already in. I'm kind of just working on different things at once so I don't get bored. Right now I'm working on Barrington, yesterday I was focusing on adding more types of enemies to the combat simulator. I just wanted input to see if it was a good idea to implement in the future.

Would anyone else want support of Brotherhood of Shadow and Recruitable Kay for Barrington?

Nah. Although I realize it's moot now.

Updated with beautiful holo textures from Fair Strides- look in OP for them :D

Maybe it's out of line to suggest this but in my head, unless there's a real set reason you don't feel like budging on, (I know how it is) I feel that the info terminal would be better placed in the security (I think that's what it's called) room. Mostly to finally give that room a use. Also to have the layout not be in a conversation, but as a computer terminal.

I mean I don't know what you plan and if these suggestions are even possible, (I know next to nossing of modding) but ya know, just wanna put the idea out there.

dontcrucifymepl0x

Maybe it's out of line to suggest this but in my head, unless there's a real set reason you don't feel like budging on, (I know how it is) I feel that the info terminal would be better placed in the security (I think that's what it's called) room. Mostly to finally give that room a use. Also to have the layout not be in a conversation, but as a computer terminal.

I mean I don't know what you plan and if these suggestions are even possible, (I know next to nossing of modding) but ya know, just wanna put the idea out there.

dontcrucifymepl0x

Haha yeah, I was thinking about making it a computer conversation but I want to have vo's of the terminal explaining what the planets are, it feels a little more futuristic and star wars-y I guess. And about the security room, I would love to add something in there, but really since that big hunk of metal in the middle of the center room of the Ebon Hawk shows planets and stuff and talks in TSL (another reason why it shouldn't be a computer conversation), I feel like it would be the best place to put it. Thanks, though- now that people actually want something in the security room I'll get on thinking of an idea for that 4 sho. You weren't out of line at all.

Also, development may slow down a bit this month since I'm on vacation, but it will still chug along.

Haha yeah, I was thinking about making it a computer conversation but I want to have vo's of the terminal explaining what the planets are, it feels a little more futuristic and star wars-y I guess.

Many of the K1 party members have their own two cents to say about most of the planets. Is there any way those lines could be added in to the mix somehow? For example: when the player chooses to hear about the planets, a cutscene starts that places all of the party members around the holo-terminal, The computer says whatever you want it to say, then one of the party members says her pre-recorded line. Perhaps you could choose which member says the line by influence? Once the player is done with wanting to hear about the planets, the party members walk back to their originl positions and the scene ends. Too crazy an idea?

By the way. will this holo-terminal only cover planets visited in the vanilla game?

Just some suggestions for security:

Is there a way to play Pazaak? I'm not sure if anyone on the K1 ebon plays, it's been years since I've played. ("online" pazaak through a terminal), but if they don't, or if you can't bet them..

A place to place bets on fighters? (maybe uniquely created fighters, or generic like "5 kath hounds vs jedi padawan")?

(both? gambling station?) iunno.

I've always wanted a better hawk, I like populated ships, shame this is for k1, but it'll be a definite download when I replay.

Is there a way to play Pazaak? I'm not sure if anyone on the K1 ebon plays, it's been years since I've played. ("online" pazaak through a terminal), but if they don't, or if you can't bet them..

A place to place bets on fighters? (maybe uniquely created fighters, or generic like "5 kath hounds vs jedi padawan")?

I've always wanted a better hawk, I like populated ships, shame this is for k1, but it'll be a definite download when I replay.

Well, there's always Mission, but that's it.

Many of the K1 party members have their own two cents to say about most of the planets. Is there any way those lines could be added in to the mix somehow? For example: when the player chooses to hear about the planets, a cutscene starts that places all of the party members around the holo-terminal, The computer says whatever you want it to say, then one of the party members says her pre-recorded line. Perhaps you could choose which member says the line by influence? Once the player is done with wanting to hear about the planets, the party members walk back to their originl positions and the scene ends. Too crazy an idea?

By the way. will this holo-terminal only cover planets visited in the vanilla game?

Eh, I'm not so sure. I mean, if you wanted to see what the party members thought of the planets, you would just ask them, right? The point of the holoterminal thing is to get information on many aspects of the Star Wars universe, a mini Wookiepedia if you will. Obviously not the scale of Wookiepedia, but still. And yeah, it will and does definitely contain information on more than just the planets in KOTOR.

I thought about the Pazaak idea- I like the idea of an online pazaak sort of thing, because I'm pretty sure you can't bet with Mission. I don't have much experience modding mini-games in, but I'm sure if I look into it I can figure it out. What I really like, though, is the idea of a like gladiator arena sort of thing. It'd be a cool way to earn extra credits, or maybe even that carnival ticket idea I was throwing around could come into play.

Just a quick update, everything is still chugging along. I'm on vacation right now so I haven't had much time to mod, however I've been working on Barrington's dialogue, and I think you guys will be pleased with his various different quirky personalities. However, his jokes are only limited to like 8, so if any of you guys want to give me some jokes relating to the Star Wars universe or that make sense in the Star Wars universe, feel free to post them. 

What kind of jokes? Jokes in the context of a conversation or single-instance, set-up + punchline jokes?

so if any of you guys want to give me some jokes relating to the Star Wars universe

The prequels.

What kind of jokes? Jokes in the context of a conversation or single-instance, set-up + punchline jokes?

Yeah you just say like "gimme a joke" and then he gives you one. There might be a little extra stuff though, like at one point Barry makes a wookie joke and Zaalbar reacts.

The prequels.

Hehehe oh you

So a moisture farmer is talking to a fighter pilot and says, "Can you believe this drought we've been having?" And the fighter pilot says, "Tell me about it, I haven't gotten laid in weeks." So the moisture farmer asks, "Laid? I was talking about my wife's crop harvester!" And the fighter pilot says, "Harvester? I hardly know her!"

No but seriously, I'll think of something better.