In the near future, I plan to play through using VP's Duplisaber mod.

My question: I'd like to choose the sabers for the main characters - those that aren't the Exile or my party members. For example, that includes Sion, Nihilus, and all four of the Jedi Masters. How do I change which sabers they wield? Is it tough to do?

Can someone walk me through an example so I can complete the rest on my own?

Use ERFEditor, extract person .utc you want to modify, open it in the GFFEditor.

Extract another copy of that .utc in a different loction, open it with KOTORTool, give the item you desire.

Open the KOTORTool modified .utc with the GFFEditor, copy the "equipped" tree to the first file you extracted, adjust "droppable" to desired.

Use ERFEditor again to place first copy back into the .MOD you extracted the .utc from, DONE.

It's much simpler than it sounds...

It's much simpler than it sounds...

It usually is. It's the installers, the patching all for compatibility sake that makes things hard....

That's why I love TSLRCM.

No twiddling with TSLPatcher, but if I want something fixed... I can just fix it.

Be it a .tlk line (which can't be modified with the patcher, just added) or any file inside a module.

Of course, it does make it somewhat prone to override ruining your fixes (and sometimes the entire game). Especially when it seems a lot of people think that what's in override is all TSLRCM changes, and not that it's like 5% of all modified files...

That's why I love TSLRCM.

No twiddling with TSLPatcher, but if I want something fixed... I can just fix it.

And when the new version comes out I have to reinstall ALL MODS! This bugs me A LOT. Last time it took 2 evenings before I actually started to play the game.

Be it a .tlk line (which can't be modified with the patcher, just added)

Incorrect.

I modified the dialog.tlk for the saber quest and restored the Dustil quest in the Korriban tomb with TSLpatcher.

Just sayin'

Incorrect.

I modified the dialog.tlk for the saber quest and restored the Dustil quest in the Korriban tomb with TSLpatcher.

Just sayin'

In that case, would you mind telling us how you did so, as it could be quite helpful to a number of people...?

Likewise, over at LF we deemed the TSLPatcher incapable of doing so...

Well that would be because TSLPatcher is not designed to do that job. Thankfully TalkEd is..

Yeah, I knew I shoulda kept my mouth shut, now I have to relearn everything from like 4 years ago.

Refer to "readme, really.pdf" in the tslpatcher folder, also I believe there is some documentation that the author of TSLPatcher put out somewhere on the web. Perhaps it was over on LF.

Basically you set your append.tlk file to edit/replace the specific line of the dialog.tlk. IIRC.

But it's been so long...

post-8962-0-51688300-1401915718_thumb.jpg

I know TalkED can... I use it to modify the .tlk for TSLRCM.

But no, append.tlk can only append, not modify existing entries. So unless you specifically mention how you did so, I'm just going to assume you misremember, since the TSLPatcher developer himself stated so too :P

I know TalkED can... I use it to modify the .tlk for TSLRCM.

But no, append.tlk can only append, not modify existing entries. So unless you specifically mention how you did so, I'm just going to assume you misremember, since the TSLPatcher developer himself stated so too :P

Contradicting yourself?

What is the difference between modify and append in this context?

HotOR changed the lightsaber quest entries to what I wanted them to read in player's quest log. How is that different?