Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

This might be a bug:

swkotor2_2014_05_30_18_48_41_72.png

swkotor2_2014_05_30_18_50_09_06.png

Edited by MrPhil

After the Red Eclypse attack, the game locks your party in so you can't dismiss them. This is 1. buggy and 2. inconvenient.

I imagine it was added for the sake of logic, so that you couldn't summon NPCs who were just seen knocked out. Well, that doesn't work right. If I trigger the scene with 0 or 1 companion, then I can get Handmaiden or Kreia to join just fine - even though they were just shown knocked out. Atton's the only one I can't get to join for some reason.

So the end result is not a restriction that makes sense, just a random inconvenience. I suppose it can be fixed, but I'd rather see it gone completely. It means while preparing to repel that attack you can't move equipment around between party members, or summon your crafters to make new etc. Just not worth it.

I'll confess one of my favourite things I like to do in a playthrough is, after I've been to the refugee area, to Jedify Atton, go to the workbench in the sullustan's workshop, switch through my crafter companions to fit Atton's lightsabers with the best upgrades I can make, and then have Atton use his newfound powers and weapons to clear out the Red Eclypse from my ship. This new change puts a stop to this little tradition of mine (except if I abuse my knowledge of the script's bugginess). But that's me. I imagine I'm not the only one who finds this inconvenient, even if not for such specific reasons.

Is it intentionally impossible to make a save during the Atton-Sion duel or is this just a bug?

Hm, am I the only one for whom Adun Larp, the merchant inside Khoonda on Dantooine, disappears after the battle with the mercs?

Another possible bug.

Location: Duxn, Mandalore's command bunker. I'm trying to sneak in his quarter to "poke through the crates", with a PC that has 33 Stealth skill points. Problem is, Mandalore speaks to himself. Says something like "All scouts, report-in.". Whenever he says that, for some reason, I am de-cloaked.

I don't think anyone responded to this, but this is something scripted to happen randomly. Unfortunately, Mandalore's speaking out counts as a "conversation", and that automatically decloaks you. I don't think there's anything anyone could do about it.

Not a problem, though. Once you're past the trigger spot (the one where Mandalore spots you and forces you to go back down the ramp), decloaking doesn't lead to getting called back, unless you step on the trigger area again. Just recloak and proceed.

Maybe it's even intended. I mean, you're sneaking behind Mandalore's back, all tense, and suddenly he speaks out - this startles you out of your stealthy stance. :D

I don't mean to whine, but Nar Shadda is way too hard in this mod. It's always the planet I go to first, and my characters just aren't developed enough to go through all of that. Would you consider settling some of the new encounters down? Particularly the one after T3 steals the codes and you have to go through all the Gand. Having the HK units aboard Goto's Yacht killed me too, since after them you've got to fight through waves of other droids.

Yeah, that last fight, with the Zhug veteran, is kinda hard even though I have Atton jedi-fied by then. If both Atton and Mira are still level-saving, then I suggest the following T3-oriented strategy.:

Prepare T3 before the whole Visquis sequence starts and you can still use the workbench. Give him Agrinium armor (50% blaster absorption), make sure you have a few Construction kits, build up his Repair skill for efficient self-healing. Give him the best blaster pistol (2 pistols if you could spare feats for 2-weapon fighting) you can craft, with best +damage and +attack upgrades (but if this is your first planet, the shock arm may still be a good option too).

Switch Atton and Mira to ranged weapons too, so that they don't rush into melee and trigger the Zhug Veteran's melee weapon - you want him firing a blaster. T3 with agrinium armor can absorb huge amounts of blaster fire, as long as you self-repair as needed. If you get low, after the first self-repair duck behind a corner to give yourself time for a second repair. And earlier, vs the melee Gand, fire from maximum distance and backpedal between shots.

But this stuff is why I first go to Dantooine, to get a couple lightsabers and some INF hits to jedify people. Even in the unmodded game, there are encounters on Nar Shaddaa where your companions need to stand on their own instead of being carried by the Exile. Like the Twilek assassins, or Goto's yacht. (Having NS be the second planet also lets me gather enough materials to make a crapload of adhesive and plasma grenades, to cheese my way through Hanharr with an unlevelled Mira. ;))

Shields are another item with can become absolutely vital, as some of the HKs have a one-hit kill, if they hit with a critical.

Retinal combat implant is your friend. I never leave home without it.

Well, if that's true, it's definitely not intended.

If HK is there, there should be no HK-50's...

In the files as they are, there's a faulty condition that's supposed to stop them from being spawned in the first place, and instead this issue is patched by destroying the HKs later. In the typical case, this leads to the HKs visibly vanishing in front of the player, which - I hope we can agree - is not ideal.

But based on how delayed object-creating and -destroying scripts can sometimes be, in my observed experience, I wouldn't be surprised if for some people it didn't work in time to stop the combat at all.

Fixing the condition of spawning should guarantee solving both problems, so submitting a fix to Staff forum. (Funny thing is, I submitted it already in 2010. Guess it got lost.)

@Mr. Phil: If i recall that issue with Hanharr and Mira is a game engine issue and not a bug with TSLRCM.

@Markus Ramikin: Rather than trying to sneak into Mandalore's quarters, simply wait until after Mandalore joins the team and loot the quarters then. I do it that way all the time and never have had an issue.

@Mr. Phil: If i recall that issue with Hanharr and Mira is a game engine issue and not a bug with TSLRCM.

@Markus Ramikin: Rather than trying to sneak into Mandalore's quarters, simply wait until after Mandalore joins the team and loot the quarters then. I do it that way all the time and never have had an issue.

I know that Hassat likes to fix bugs from the vanilla version to make a better version, though. If he could fix these issues, it would just be another reason to love TSL RCM. If he can't do-it, so be-it, but if he wants and can, that's great ;)

Hm, am I the only one for whom Adun Larp, the merchant inside Khoonda on Dantooine, disappears after the battle with the mercs?

I see this constantly too. Doesn't matter which side you take, he's always gone afterwards.

I see this constantly too. Doesn't matter which side you take, he's always gone afterwards.

Yup, I found the problem and submitted a fix. Hopefully we'll see some sort of an update or patch in the future.

What causes the issue, then? Just so I can try fixing it on my own.

Various NPCs are removed for the battle, then the post-battle script recreates them, but Adum is omitted.

Dug up my fix. No TSLpatcher yet, of course, so be sure to integrate the .ncs file with 602DAN.mod (using ErfEdit). Do NOT put it in Override, or you'll get other problems.

EDIT: updated file with improved version. See later post.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

I don't think anyone responded to this, but this is something scripted to happen randomly. Unfortunately, Mandalore's speaking out counts as a "conversation", and that automatically decloaks you. I don't think there's anything anyone could do about it.

Not a problem, though. Once you're past the trigger spot (the one where Mandalore spots you and forces you to go back down the ramp), decloaking doesn't lead to getting called back, unless you step on the trigger area again. Just recloak and proceed.

Maybe it's even intended. I mean, you're sneaking behind Mandalore's back, all tense, and suddenly he speaks out - this startles you out of your stealthy stance. :D

No, I believe it's technically a minor inconvenience, since first-person view is also interrupted and reset to the default third whenever Mandalore calls "Scouts report in", Zuka complains about his tech, or [bralor?] gives his pep talk to the trainees of how "the mandalorians will triumph".

• Like 1

Yeah, I wasn't really serious about that.

New bug: if I save during the Atton-Sion fight, I can't reload that save. (Even if I run out of sight and wait till I'm not in combat before saving). The loading bar stops part of the way through. The game isn't frozen though; I can still get the game exit window to show up if I do alt+F4.

(Windows 7, fresh TSLRCM 1.8.3, movie DS transitions, WCA, Invisible Headgear, Kill the Ithorian, all the fixes I posted on Staff)

EDIT: I determined that it's not due to anything done by k_atton_scene or any other script in 909mal. Anyone have any other ideas?

@ Mr_Phil; Already modified that scene so normally you wont see that. Did you skip-forward Hanharr lines?

@ Markus; Adum NOT re-appearing is definitely intended. Re-spawning is definitely NOT intended, and will lead to Daraala type fun of re-spawned stacked inventory. *If* (against OE's wishes) you wish to keep Adum you simply need to teleport him to a locked room you can't access, then move him back once it's over... Never, EVER, respawn a merchant.

Hm. I'd say to have him vanish completely is not preferable to having him show up with new items, but you're right, teleporting would be a better solution. I'll work on that.

Why do you say it'd be "against OE's wishes"?

@ Mr_Phil; Already modified that scene so normally you wont see that. Did you skip-forward Hanharr lines?

I might have. Not sure I did, but eventually, I will try-it.

So I recently installed TSLRCM 1.8.3 for KOTOR 2 on Windows 7, along with the M4-78 add-on.

I've been playing through, and I just discovered that the means for entering cheat codes has been disabled.

I tried using cheats on the first KOTOR, and it was fun. I saw some items for sale on Citadel Station and I want to buy them, but don't want to trek across the galaxy to get the creds. Long story short, I want to do a deus ex move with my in-game piggy bank.

I went into the swkotor2.ini file and added EnableCheats=1 under the [Game Options] header, then pressed the tilde (`) key while in game, and nothing happened.

What's up? Is this a consequence of TSLRCM, or the M4-78 add-on? How can I make the codes work again?

TSLRCM and M4-78 have nothing to do with it. Console is invisible in vanilla TSL and nothing can be done about it. But cheats still work, just press ~ and type them.

TSLRCM and M4-78 have nothing to do with it. Console is invisible in vanilla TSL and nothing can be done about it. But cheats still work, just press ~ and type them.

I've tried repeatedly. I've tried pushing the ~ button and nothing happens. I'm not using the vanilla GUI, so that's not the problem. I just checked my kotor 2 file directory and it turns out I have two .ini files: swkotor2.ini and swkotor2

I've opened them both up and they look identical, so I typed in the EnableCheats=1 part immediately under the [Game Options] header, and saved both of them, but still nothing happens. What am I missing?

You could just get the KotOR Save Game Editor. It works for both K1 and K2, it saves you a lot of trouble. Highly recommended.

Okay, I resolved the issue. Sorry.

New question: How do I access the Telos Military Base Sub-Level?

Past the Mercs, I guess? Down the slope. Did you get to the terminal with Bao-Dur, first, though? Or are you speaking about that area within the base, where there's a booby trapped HK?