Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

I don't mean to whine, but Nar Shadda is way too hard in this mod.  It's always the planet I go to first, and my characters just aren't developed enough to go through all of that.  Would you consider settling some of the new encounters down?  Particularly the one after T3 steals the codes and you have to go through all the Gand.  Having the HK units aboard Goto's Yacht killed me too, since after them you've got to fight through waves of other droids.

I've never played vanilla TSL, so just how is it supposed to be easier in vanilla?

Completing Nar Shaddaa can be done as the first planet, but you need to be prepared. For an easier time of things, when you level up Mira before going into the Jek Jek Tarr, make sure you max out Rapid Shot for her then make sure she is one of the two that go to the yacht. It helps. Build or buy lots of shields, stims, and medpacks, because you're going to need them.

I'd say not to play Nar Shaddaa first if you're having difficulty completing it, but I believe the game scales the baddies based upon your level so they remain a challenge regardless.

Also, while it may not be your ideal, you can always lower the difficulty level to make passage easier.

Use T3-M4 as your PC and use his Shock Arm or something. He is just a beast with that on...

Edited by MrPhil

*- Just a bit of a disclaimer, I was using the advanced AI mod, so my game may have been more difficult than usual, but these techniques could still work here -*

The ending Nar Shadaa battles were one of those that required me to use stims. My best advice is to pay attention to what the text says on each one. (For instance if your shots aren't hitting, to increase you attack points) I normally have my party trained in force support as well which I cast before each battle. (saving throws and battle meditations are wonderful things)

Shields are another item with can become absolutely vital, as some of the HKs have a one-hit kill, if they hit with a critical.

Also an invaluable tactic (or exploit) that can be used when things get dicey, is to keep your party by something interactable, like a console, and at any time a character is about to die, you click it to either open up a dialogue box or go to the console screen and exit. All dead characters will revive when you do this, but with the same health as if you used force revive. 

Lastly, a great way to boost stats for dramatically better performance at times, is to equip your characters with belts and armbands with higher stats.

As previously mentioned, a better attack (which actually translates to better chance to hit) works well with a high dexterity or good critical hits to make it so that your attacks are actually connecting.

For my characters, I also make sure that somethings that gives saving throws (better if for the party as I don't have to equip as many) makes my characters harder to damage, and gives the enemies less of a chance to kill them. An immunity to critical hits can be used to make it so that even if an enemy hits you, it won't normally end up with taking out more than 50% of your health.

That's all I can think of at any rate..

I noticed that there is no HK-50s on Goto's yacht, if you take HK-47 with you (though I don't know if that is a bug or not...) so make a quick run around and build HK-47 before going to Nar Shaddaa, and the yacht will be much easier.

• Like 1

I noticed that there is no HK-50s on Goto's yacht, if you take HK-47 with you (though I don't know if that is a bug or not...) so make a quick run around and build HK-47 before going to Nar Shaddaa, and the yacht will be much easier.

They still appear if you choose HK as the second character, rather than the first.

• Like 1

I've never played vanilla TSL, so just how is it supposed to be easier in vanilla?

Completing Nar Shaddaa can be done as the first planet, but you need to be prepared. For an easier time of things, when you level up Mira before going into the Jek Jek Tarr, make sure you max out Rapid Shot for her then make sure she is one of the two that go to the yacht. It helps. Build or buy lots of shields, stims, and medpacks, because you're going to need them.

I'd say not to play Nar Shaddaa first if you're having difficulty completing it, but I believe the game scales the baddies based upon your level so they remain a challenge regardless.

I actually did do that for Mira and still had trouble.  I think the problem is the sheer number of enemies that attack you; it isn't easy for a group of 3 non-Jedi to take that many on.  As of writing this I'm long done with Nar Shadda, but I still think the modders should take it into consideration.

Actually I use waaaaay more than one mod and I still don't see a difficulty change unless I use an item pack mod for peragus Nar Shadda is probably a little tougher because you have to fight all the bounty hunters before the yacht

Because you fight your way to the garage

They still appear if you choose HK as the second character, rather than the first.

Well, if that's true, it's definitely not intended.

If HK is there, there should be no HK-50's...

I actually did do that for Mira and still had trouble.  I think the problem is the sheer number of enemies that attack you; it isn't easy for a group of 3 non-Jedi to take that many on.  As of writing this I'm long done with Nar Shadda, but I still think the modders should take it into consideration.

I seriously doubt anything is going to change. After all it is a restored content mod and the fight from the docks to the swoop bike shop is not supposed to be a milk run.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
I noticed it when I was on M4-78.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?
Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?
Yes.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
No.

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?
No.

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?
No.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

I'm using mods confirmed to work  with TSLRCM 1.8

Insane Dustil Restoration by Princess Artemis
Kill the Ithorian 1.1 by Markus Ramikin

High Level Force Power (2.1 Update) by Stoffe
Remove Restrictions for Force Powers by Armors 1.0 by MrPhil

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

I have terrible issue. It appeared on M4-78. When I tried to open a quick save, it just got stuck on the loading screen and then nothing happened. I've tried to open other saved games and this happened yet again. I managed to load a game only after I restarted my computer. But the bug still appears. Quick saves don't work. How do I fix this problem?

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?
No.

11) Have you tried using a different save game?
Yes.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?
No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 8.1

After activating the HK-51's

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?
4CD

No?

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?
I uninstalled the game and installed the RCM

No.

No.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
None (unless the kotor save game editor counts its been a while so im not sure where i downloaded it origianlly)

the issue is the game suddenly stops working after I have HK-47 activate all the HK-51's. the game attempts to load the next scene and it even plays the movies of the harbinger attacking citadel station but crashes at the loading screen

No.

No

No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)
Windows 7

UPDATE

i litearlly all of five minutes ago installed the well dont remember the name but the droid planet M4-78 or what ever

How do I do that? And also, I'm not a hundred percent sure that I know what you are talking about as I am half asleep right now.

If you have a savegame from just before the issue, find-it in your TSL folder. Then upload-it anywhere you wish and post the link here...

Hey Hassat, I'm experiencing some kind of bug, I think. Lemme go through the whole process:

Can't quite figure exactly when, but I think it started from the moment I got a saber in the game.

Nope, I'm still running on the last 1.8.3 fixed version you put out there, but not yet on the last one, because it has been a very long time since I finished the game (maybe 1.8.2???).

4 CD

Yup

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

I followed the intructions you provided with each mod very carefully to avoid any unpleasantness.

Yup

Not that I know about, nope.

Uh. Here we go:

Mods:

Hassat's :

Coruscant Scene No Overlay

Handmaiden 4 Females - Disciple 4 Males for TSLRCM 1.8.3

TSL RCM 1.8.3, M4-78 patched and their patch

TSLjedi temple without expansion with Hassat's patch

Kain's:

NPC Overhaul

Peragus Miner's armor

K2 Prequel Robes

Quanon:

Telos Citadel Station Skybox by Quanon 1.0

No link provided as every one of these mods can be downloaded here, unless you really want me to dig-out the link of something in particular.

The Exile can't deflect any shot fired at her with her lightsaber anymore. Never had that problem before. All feats pertaining to this are selected. Can this happen if you put certain mods in your lightsaber? I should mention that the Exile does not even move her hands to try and intercept the bolts. She just stand there, trying to look pretty while anyone shoots at her face.

Not yet. I do not think that's the issue, here.

Uh, yes I guess?

Not yet, but then I'll do a fresh install.

Windows 8.1

Edited by MrPhil

@ Bannester; Yes it is... I'll take a look at it once I got time.

@ MrPhil; I have no clue. What lightsaber stance are you at. If you check the combat logs, do they mention deflection rolls?

I'll test to see if a different lightsaber yields different results and in the log. Is-it going to be with the Message log?

Well, I did not quite find a deflection roll line or anything like that, but what I've noticed is that using a standard unmodified lightsaber made me able to deflect shots.  I am pretty sure that a modified lightsaber would work too. I forgot to list a mod I had: Holowan Community Saber Project by VP. What I've noticed is that whenever I equip one of these sabers, I cannot seem to deflect shots. Guess I'll move this to VP's thread and we'll try to see if anything can be done about that or if I'm the only one with that issue...

As soon as Atton says "I have a bad feeling about this" upon learning a ship is about to dock.

Sure do.
Steam

I turned off updates at the behest of the TSLRCM instructions

Yes.

No.  Patcher?

N/A

8) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)
M478 one.

On the mining station, I am on the Asteroid exterior, walking in the space suit.  Atton gets a reading that a ship is asking to dock. He says "I got a bad feeling about this."  It then shows the rendered video of, I'm guessing, the villain's ship (haven't played the game in forever, forgot his name) arriving.  Then BLACK SCREEN, for about 20 seconds, music and ever  THEN it shows, possibly out of sequence, a video of the same ship flying off. Then I will be told the game is not responding and i need close it.

No.

An earlier save, yes.

Yes.

Windows 8.1

Try alt tabbing out and back into the game after the bik-cutscene...

Nah, nothing. 

This is one of those terribly minor things, but the door to Chodo Habat when Ithorians are being attacked should probably be made impossible to open with mines, so that you have to go rescue Moza first. If you open it with mines before rescuing Moza, you get the nonsensical result of Chodo greeting Moza even though Moza is still trapped in the other room.