Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

SKIN:Replacement Peragus II Artwork by Trench

Replacement Peragus II Artwork by Trench

Recently, I was inspired by a desktop wallpaper that I saw posted up at LucasForums. It was created by a LF member named Trench.

peragus_ii_by_jean_luch-d5x5yfl.png

I was quite taken with it so I asked Trench if he could render the planet on a transparent background so I could release it as a mod - which he was happy to do.

Through the efforts of Darth_Sapiens and Quanon, I discovered the location of the other appearance of this planet in the game files. You see, one texture (named PER_Plnt01) only shows the exposed core planet inside the administration level.

xlXkS4s.png

The other texture - EBO_Per - shows up both when you're on the walkway outside the station. (See below)

Trench's texture came with some extra asteroids so I'm providing two versions of Peragus II . . .

Original

gyVhNNU.png

and

With Extra Asteroids

ySH77mK.png

As an added bonus, I've included a interior screen replacement for my own previously released mod that utilizes Trench's version of Peragus II. If you use that mod, I suggest using this bonus texture as an upgrade.

O6494vj.png

Installation:
-------------------
Extract the TGA files you wish into the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2/Override folder. You can only choose one variety to use at a time, of course.

Uninstall:
----------------
Take the textures out again. ;)

Known Bugs:
---------------------
None known at this time.

Legal Disclaimer:
----------------------------
All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc. I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of me. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either.

I hereby state that I specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to Steam Workshop. I may release this on NexusMods at a later date but I don't wish others to do so. Usage in other mods must be requested AND approved by me before your use.

Special Thanks:
--------------------------
To Trench: For making the original artwork in the first place and for extracting the portions needed for use in this mod.
To Darth_Sapiens: For finding location of the texture I was missing.
To Quanon: Research into Peragus models and also for finding the location of the texture I was missing.
To Insanity_Sorrow: Research into Peragus models and beta-testing.

Really glad to see you got this one to work! Kudos to those for helping out. DLing and checking it out, now. :D

...Fun question. When is Peragus going to ever truly be done? >D

Well, I think the question should be: when is someone going to work on other planets? Malachor V needs some definite love - particularly it's skybox.

I'm just as guilty as everyone else regarding Peragus. Including this mod released for Trench, I've done two for Peragus. And . . . I've done 3 for the next area, Telos.

Before anyone says it, yes "artwork" is spelled wrong in the title. Being in a rush to get it out, I faltered at the end. Unless I need to update the mod package down the road for some reason, I think I'll leave as-is.

Eh. I noticed the typo. It didn't seem to need correction considering you would have to re-upload it. :D

I think Peragus is just simpler (considering its module size) and easier to edit. It's also easier to change since so little work was put into it looking remotely interesting (I mean, it is basically Telos Station sans the people).

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm working on everything (but Malachor) en masse. I mean, I looked at Malachor, but haven't worked on it since it remains mysterious to me considering I haven't played far enough to actually see what happens outside of vanilla; which is a problem since practically nothing happens in vanilla (Two cutscenes with the original characters, a minigame as <the floating robot> and a gauntlet of enemies until you meet the Big Boss)

So my lack of experience and overall confusion with what it's "supposed" to look like is why I haven't done anything with it. I don't know about other people, but that's my reason...

That said, when all is said and uploaded, all of us working on the same parts will as a whole make each level look much better, which is good in and of itself.

That said, when all is said and uploaded, all of us working on the same parts will as a whole make each level look much better, which is good in and of itself.

The problem with that is folks tend to start at Peragus and then they quit. If folks actually released what they started on - Drewton comes to mind - and actually started their projects on different planets, we would have had total reskins for the games a few times over. I suppose I should make a request for a Malachor V skybox over at LucasForums to help this along.

Edit: That Malachor V skybox request thread is now live.

I can try to at the very least, work on getting those cliffs to be better... (Never noticed it was THAT bad). I'm currently working on the Korriban skybox in addition to my regular rotation of planets (Another oft ignored planet which is in a somewhat significant need of work itself)

Although, I recommend the Korriban Retexture pack by LordRevan999 for the terrain textures as I've been using it in my own game (Can we recommend other's mods? If not, I'll edit this out :|), and it's been great for background textures since it gives the ruins a more "weathered" look.

If I had an objection to mentioning other folk's work, it would've been that there wasn't a link so I could see it too! ;)

But anyway . . . what do you think of the mod, MrPhil?

If I had an objection to mentioning other folk's work, it would've been that there wasn't a link so I could see it too! ;)

But anyway . . . what do you think of the mod, MrPhil?

Eh. Sorry bout that then.. forgot to link. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Korriban_Retexture;80759

My favorite of that pack was version 1.1

I also highly suggest the Mandalorian weathered reskin he did. I did a couple of minor edits to the armor for my tastes, but it looks great for the Mandalorians and also illustrates how they would have some level of fatigue on their equipment since they've been in the jungle all of that time.. (The other Mandalorians throughout the other levels are also changed by it, but not too noticeably)

Yes, I like that mod, SH. I am not sure I'll be using-it, just because the next 2 peragus mods, I'll be using seems to all have a different take on how this should be done and I'm just not sure this will be compatible with either Malkior or SiC's mods. But yeah, that definetly a nice touch and it looks good. The screen image is a good polish too as well as the asteroid option. Overall, that's a neat HQ reskin and a fine example of how modders should collaborate to achieve greatness ;)