Nice job on the Telos stuff. I'm especially looking forward to seeing those cantina signs with some new animations. I do have a question about Telos Station - but while it's under attack later in the game. Recently there was a request for the following. . .

Hey guys, I'm playing the Battle of Telos right now. One of the things that bothers me is the low quality of the fighters in the distance. If my understanding of this is correct, it is the same principle as the moving asteroids on Peragus, which has been modified quite often. I wonder: Would anyone be willing to do something that's more HD for these fighters?

Is there any chance you'll be able to do something about that?

Nice job on the Telos stuff. I'm especially looking forward to seeing those cantina signs with some new animations. I do have a question about Telos Station - but while it's under attack later in the game. Recently there was a request for the following. . .

<comment about low quality fighters in distance during battle of Telos> 

Is there any chance you'll be able to do something about that?

tel_ravagerfighters.png

If you mean the tiny little fighters as part of this Ravager texture, then, yes I can. Need to be sure what the fighters look like but I'm pretty sure I can find a matching larger texture, and if not, then I can just cut and paste bits of other textures, do some painting / erasing with the mouse, and then shrink it down so that it looks like a detailed fighter rather than a speck. But, it also depends upon how they are rendered in game, like, at what size and all -- EDIT: it would have to at least be a 1024x1024 image, Ravager and all.

Also, I don't have a save game for it as all my old save games for TSL went with my SSD when it died last year; I'd have to play all the way through to that part saving along the way so I can use them later, or, I'd have to get one from someplace else.

But yeah, even if I'm lazy and do an ultra retarded job of it by using my mouse and working at a resolution that is far bigger than will ever be necessary, I should be able to wack something out that is better than what is there currently ;).

EDIT: what's really dumb is that I trimmed that texture down, the original 256x256 with the lower half going unused. You'd think you would make better use of the space and have higher detailed fighters instead of specks. And yeah, I'd actually like to do more animated signs if I can find the opportunity to do so easily enough.

Sith_fighter.jpg

It should look like that.

I have a save somewhere, I'll upload-it eventually ;)

I forgot to mention in my last post that one of SiC's preview shots just made it into my wallpaper screensaver.

Please don't abandon this project  :no EVER!!!!

lol, I really enjoy your work and it would be a shame if you didn't finish it!

Great work on those telos textures.

<render of Sith Fighter removed>

It should look like that.

I have a save somewhere, I'll upload-it eventually ;)

Yeah, that should be it; where'd you find that BTW? in case I decide to use it as a source I'd like to make sure I have permission.

I forgot to mention in my last post that one of SiC's preview shots just made it into my wallpaper screensaver.

Nice to hear.

Please don't abandon this project  :no EVER!!!!

lol, I really enjoy your work and it would be a shame if you didn't finish it!

Great work on those telos textures.

Your enthusiasm is appreciated; though, everything has to end at some point ;).

Yeah, that should be it; where'd you find that BTW? in case I decide to use it as a source I'd like to make sure I have permission.

That was from wookieepedia.

Odd, my save folder is empty and I can still access them in the game. I'm confused as to what is happening there...

Your enthusiasm is appreciated; though, everything has to end at some point ;).

[media=900x900]

[/media]

<youtube video: Anakin you're breaking my heart>

How can I put this... I find your ardent post funny if a little disturbing, Disturbed205 ;).

There's my save!attachicon.gif000105 - Game104.7z

Note that I have mods that you might not have and weird stuff might happen.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it when I get the chance; bit busy with something at the moment:

k2_00230.jpg

Tree concept I'm working on for the Telos Restoration Zone...

k2_00233.jpg

k2_00232.jpg

The idea is that I don't see how apparently every alien world has trees on it, or, that they look exactly like they do on Earth; the only reason they do, is because it is cheaper to shoot things via a natural setting rather than to do everything as an expensive set or CGI production.

The other idea is that fungi have had a bit of a buzz of late due to what they can do in way of biofuel and environment detoxification. So, I thought that these trees are actually introduced fungi that are removing the pollutants from the ground environment as part of the restoration process -- partly why they are luminescent. Plus, the trees look really crap in game, like NOT trees at all. This works with what meshes there are to make something that does kind of work.

FYI: they're not done yet, I still have some things to try out for the "leafy" branches but they are starting to look close to what I imagined. Also, I still have all the other textures to do too.

Why did you chose such a dark texture for the sky? I know that after the planet was devastated there's bound to be a lot of ash and dust in the air, but isn't it supposed to be clean in the restoration zones?

Gotta love something different. The playability is so much higher!

My first thought about the dark sky is because it'll be in the shadow of Citadel Station. Regardless, it looks great.

Why did you chose such a dark texture for the sky? I know that after the planet was devastated there's bound to be a lot of ash and dust in the air, but isn't it supposed to be clean in the restoration zones?

Because the sun is setting...

k2_00236.jpg

Plus, it's not dark everywhere:

k2_00237.jpg

Honestly, I could come up with quite a few reasons from watching too much Clone Wars episodes for references to: why in the hell did Obsidian NOT use a better skybox and environment art style? as justification for me doing so. But it more just boils down to wanting to do something new with something that looks really tired to me.

FYI: I can make it "lighter" as such, less menacing, but, I won't do so until I've done the other textures in order to get the balance right.

Just wondering what happened to the long grass?

I turned it off in the menu so that I could see the other textures more clearly that I was working on; plus, I'm redoing the grass. It won't be to everyone's liking, but the idea is that the grass is not really grass but rather more fungi that kind of looks like grass.

I figure in the galaxy there are a lot of thing that look or function like "grass" but actually ain't grass at all; but, everyone just calls it grass anyways. With the ground texture, it's not actually grass, it's a mix of moss / lichen. A continuation of the idea that the Ithorian's are using species like fungi as part of the rehabilitation process to remove toxins from the environment -- ground and air. Whereas Czerka would manufacture large and "cheap" machinery to remove most of the toxins from the environment, arguing that it would be quicker to do so via a "private" free-market approach. The process would end up being more costly due to exorbitant consultation and contractor "fees" and taking a lot longer for an end result that would be a lot worse off compared to the Ithorian's more "natural" sciences approach to heal the planet.

None of it will match the pre-rendered videos, but, they aren't that great anyway. More of a concern is any dialogue and such, but, I don't think there should be any conflict there. At worst I can find some combination of dialogue spoken by Bao-Dur that suggests/hints that he isn't the best person to talk to about that -- in that he just does shields. Then add a new topic to the Ithorian in the vivarium that can be accessed once you've visited the surface, that explains all about restoration zone RZ-0031, what stage it was in when Czerka took over, and, what the stage next is to be -- I might even give him a better name other than "Ithorian." EDIT: or I might just add it to either Chodo Habat or Moza, or, additional dialogue options that point you to the Ithorian in the vivarium in order to get the answers.

Heh, this might start to feel like Felucia at some point :P

None of it will match the pre-rendered videos, but, they aren't that great anyway.

Why not redo that movie too?

There's my save!

Note that I have mods that you might not have and weird stuff might happen.

The game freezes mid loading of the save game. I'll try and see what I can do via a save game editor, however, I was wondering if you could tell me what mods relating to Telos you have installed? that aren't just texture and/or model changes.

Also, could you send me a version of it where you have unequipped all items from the current party? clothing / armor, weapons and headgear. It would be great if the save game will also allow me to view the outside of the Ithorian compond as there are changes I need to make there along with the other entertainment module -- not sure whether you're still fighting to get to the compound or fighting to get to the Ebon Hawk, but, I need to see as much of Telos Citadel Station as possible ;).

Heh, this might start to feel like Felucia at some point :P

I don't think so as there aren't any gigantic mushrooms! Though, I did try something in way of the trees and their branches, it just looked really ridiculous, especially the way the multiple branches overlap and intersect.

Why not redo that movie too?

You're barking up the wrong tree if you expect me to redo rendered movies as well; there is a reason I don't post 3DS Max renders, stills or movies ;).

More or less finished the beach and ocean textures:

k2_00250.jpg

I was aiming for something a little less idyllic as this is a planet that was bombed after all and suffering from environmental pollution. So I was aiming for polluted water where the main life is of the bacterial kind.

k2_00245.jpg

Bit of an issue with the texture that's supposed to blend the sand to the grass. Don't think it can be helped much as the original textures weren't designed to blend in that well -- considering that they were low-resolution and blurry anyways. Don't see much use in trying to work it further unless I can actually modify the meshes themselves.

• Like 1

The save I sent you was with all modded things unequipped and no party members. I'll tell you tomorrow what I've installed for mods, but this has been a crazy weekend for me, so I'll just go to bed, now ;)

Hahaha, lovely stuff in here. The glowing trees are a neat idea. Though I do feel  like that the contrast in most of your textures is a bit high.

It all looks far sharper and crisp, better and higher details; but I liked the 'softer' tones of the orginal game. Just my 2 cents and taste ;)

Oh, any usefull TXI settings your using?

Hahaha, lovely stuff in here. The glowing trees are a neat idea. Though I do feel  like that the contrast in most of your textures is a bit high.

It all looks far sharper and crisp, better and higher details; but I liked the 'softer' tones of the orginal game. Just my 2 cents and taste ;)

You prefer the low-resolution and washed-out textures that were created without the tools and techniques of today and an understanding of how to get the most out of your game engine... Well, I guess that would appeal to some ;).

Oh, any usefull TXI settings your using?

Yes and no; the thing with TXI files is that you still need to know how to make textures that along with the TXI files will make the most of what the game engine is capable of. For example, you can use "decal 1" with any "blending" mode, not just "punchthrough." Why you would do that is if for example the mesh you are using has had it's texture settings set to make the texture applied to it look darker than it does; like an artist would do if they didn't quite grasp the finer points of how to get their texture to look right within the game engine as it does in Max. Knowing how to solve the problem with a TXI file still relies on you being able to create the texture to make use of the solution.

An example of this and how I used "Decal 1" can been seen in the screens below in regards to Bao Dur's remote:

As a change from the Telos restoration zone textures, I decided that I couldn't look at Bao Dur as he was any further. I generally don't have that much of a gripe when it comes to the player character models, at least the design of them in way of look. But Bao Dur I have never quite been fond of as much as I have like the idea of being able to play as a Zabrak (or Iridonian).

It's still a WIP, and, my focus as been on the head texture and getting the base of it looking right before I start adding things like tattoos, but, so far I like how it's coming along:

k2_baodur.jpg

I've also done some work on Bao Dur's remote, making it appear less washed out than before:

k2_00290.jpg