Guest Cair

"Holocron Quest" Discussion

Hmmm. I think there should be one that has to do with the exile or mentions him or her, maybe it could be a Jedi that knew him/her in the war, what about Quatra? (Juhani's master). Maybe Malak's holocron? (It would require VO splicing I guess, and I don't know if it would count as porting if I used ones spliced from KotOR... maybe it's not such a good idea.)

Ooh . . . what about Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord and Ajunta Pall? (Maybe not all of them but maybe some of them.)

On 9/13/2012 at 1:06 PM, Darth_Sapiens said:

Maybe Malak's holocron? (It would require VO splicing I guess, and I don't know if it would count as porting if I used ones spliced from KotOR... maybe it's not such a good idea.)

Yeah . . . that would be porting. So that's out.

Holocrons would most likely be for Jedi (or Sith) masters that are long dead. Consult wikipedia for examples. Then you can cast anyone you want to do voices for them - if that's the way you're going.

There is enough to restore it. Our issue.was determining where to put the holocrons and what secrets they would hold.

There is enough to restore it.

Except, we have no idea what to restore, or where.

But there is definitely enough!

:P

Heh, just kidding. But yeah, too much interpreting and making stuff up to speak of "restore"...

It won't be a wise idea to use Darth Andeddu's holocron because Bane found it on Prakit (I think), which is planet with long lost hyperspace coordinates, just like Tython. You could take some ideas from TOR, like different holocrons give you different shards/parts, which you have to bring somewhere so that you can combine them and get a cool lightsaber crystal or even a new lightsaber.

You could take some ideas from TOR, like different holocrons give you different shards/parts, which you have to bring somewhere so that you can combine them and get a cool lightsaber crystal or even a new lightsaber.

Those are datacrons. How dare thee compare those trifles to the magnificence that are holocrons. Pshaw, I say!

Good day, sir! I say Good Day!!!

• Like 2

Those are datacrons. How dare thee compare those trifles to the magnificence that are holocrons. Pshaw, I say!

Good day, sir! I say Good Day!!!

(Jaden annoyingly imitates Sith Holocron) But wait those are datacrons! How dare thee compare those trifles to the magnificence that are holocrons. You Sir, shall be hearing from my lawyer, Edward D, Goddreffuf He is not a man to be trifled with. Good day to you, Sir - I shall be seeing you in court.

Edit: No yelling, please.

-SH

(VP imitating reason)

All of the dialog is laid out so that we pretty much know what each holocron is going to have as a treasure (well, for the most part).

Problem is that the powers they refer to already exist in-game.

It would seem that the original intention then was to have the powers become available via the holocrons, and making it so would be 'restoration'

• Like 1

hmm new force powers definately, i already pretty much have a concept on how the holocron system well work, but im busy fixing my g0-t0 overhaul, (if only the tslpatcher could modify existing tlk strings...) its near completion, i also have another, smaller mod i have been secretly working on, (SH, i need your criticism, pm me).

OK, so I'm not going to start working on it for at least a month, probably a little longer than that, but just curious, who's up for helping me?

I need a modeller, (my modelling skill are negligible, though I can skin),

I definitely need a scripter or two,

I'm going to write the dialogue, but I'll need help with the implementation (dlg editing),

of course I'll need

• Voices
  • Probably someone (cough..S.cough..H) who knows his EU very well,
  • Beta testers,
  • Oh and probably holocron placers (people who can put them in-game(i.e an area, chest merchant etc,)),

I'll do management, textures, writing, 2da's, GFFs, I'm also quite willing to learn how to edit dialog and areas, though at the moment my dlg skills are very limited and I have no clue how to edit areas.

If anyone wants to skin with me they can, let me know if you're interested.

Vp, do you remember which force powers they give you? Are they bonus powers or ones you get at level up?

Darth sapiens: I'll beta test and I'm familier with eu and researching it.

Darth InSidious over at LF already did, actually. He's using them in a mod of his own where the holocrons teach you lightsaber forms.

http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2813454&postcount=261

VP knows about those. He even offered to make the model glow and have the metal shine at the same time. I believe his posts are in the same thread.

And I really like both the Jedi and Sith Holocrons that InSidious made.

VP knows about those. He even offered to make the model glow and have the metal shine at the same time. I believe his posts are in the same thread.

Oh. Hehe.

Ok, so there seems to be some confusion as to who has done what modding wise, what there actually is available in the games files to restore, and what would need to be 'created'

Could we get a clarification on this please. :)