Darth_Sapiens

Hanharr's Jedi/Sith Training

I'm wondering, is there a mod that allows you to train Hanharr as a Jedi/Sith. I saw the mod on kotor files, but it doesn't allow you to actually train him - he just starts out a Sith. Is there a mod that restores (or adds) this to what Obsidian originally intended, before LA shot down their idea?

It was never intended for that actual game so it is not a restoration.

ok well then was there ever a mod that followed through with the idea?

There was such a mod in development once, but the would-be mod being abandoned before completion. (For various reasons) unsure.gif If memory serves me correctly, I don't believe there has been an attempt at a mod to make Hanharr a Jedi since then.

OK, seems like a good idea. I'll start looking at how to do it and see what I can do.

1) Harharr's final role at Malachor V is to basically hunt Mira at the end or to teach the Exile the lesson of strength. From what I recall, Hanharr has no role at the Trayus core.

2) George Lucas specifically said he didn't want more Wookiee Jedi. To quote Wookieepedia . . .

George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe. Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction.
If Obisidian decided against it, why put it back in?

1) Harharr's final role at Malachor V is to basically hunt Mira at the end or to teach the Exile the lesson of strength. From what I recall, Hanharr has no role at the Trayus core.

2) George Lucas specifically said he didn't want more Wookiee Jedi. To quote Wookieepedia . . .

If Obisidian decided against it, why put it back in?

well, those points are both true but, as much as I respect Lucas and what he created, I feel i dont always have the same viewpoint as him on the EU and how things should be handled. i feel the beauty of modding, is that you can change a game to how you feel it would be better. of course, what is good to me, might not be good to someone else.

in short the reasons are these:

1) I want to learn how to mod kotor/tsl, find my way around the assets, and test my abilities.

2) I, personally, think it would be cool and i think a few others hold my view

3) I simply feel like doing it :).

I think there is something in the public release source files for the canceled TSL Restored Content Project, I don't recall for sure though as it has been forever since I looked into those files.

i found a variable in globalcat.2da, 000_hanharr_jeedai, any clue what its for? i mean is it used ingame in tslrcm, m478-ep, or vanilla tsl?

i found a variable in globalcat.2da, 000_hanharr_jeedai, any clue what its for? i mean is it used ingame in tslrcm, m478-ep, or vanilla tsl?

It's used to check if Hanharr said "Jeedai" so you can ask "Why do you say Jeedai".

Sorry, nothing spectacular you found there. More luck next time?

It's used to check if Hanharr said "Jeedai" so you can ask "Why do you say Jeedai".

Sorry, nothing spectacular you found there. More luck next time?

Haha! Yeah, I looked up just before I checked here I'm just testing my mod now - it only took an hour to make. Considering the game comes with a_makejedi.nss all I had to do was add a parameter for Hanharr, add a new dialogue branch & call the script :)

I personally think this mod isn't needed at all. From my experience Hanharr is already more powerful then his counterpart Mira. With Wookiee Rage, he is like armored train - and can cut through everything and everyone. Mira on the other hand is much weaker before turning her into a Jedi and after transformation only slightly better because of Knight Speed and Knight Valor. And do not forget that Hanharr gives some bonuses to the player...

But still it may be quite fun to see Wookiee with lightsabers)

It is true that Hanharr is literally stronger, but I feel Mira is more powerful. She is the only character with a rocket launcher, she is immune to mines, plus she can be trained to be a Jedi. Personally I always choose (with HH's beautiful mod) to use mira. Hanharr didn't appeal to me as much so I decided - like I did with G0-T0 - to make a reason to choose him. In my humble opinion, this mod is wanted. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who would use it.

However thank you for your opinion :) (I'm not cranky... LOL)

Is this already almost done!?

Well, my first beta is...

It's hard to actually test it since it branches off of the breaking him part, so yeah . .. lol

It's my first time using dlg editing for something like this, and my absolute first time at scripting, though it was very easy since obsidian already provides the script for all other party members (a_makejedi I believe it's called)

k200008.jpg

k200007.jpg

k200006.jpg

thought i would make a skin as i went, pulled this together in about 10 minutes. while the mod works, im not done with it yet there are a few more things i need to do.

UPDATE: fixed a problem i was having,

onto dlg tweeking,

here is a new pic

k200013.jpg