Sign in to follow this  
Nvenom

K2R-V

logo_zpsb42b18bb.png

This mod is aiming for a new set of textures for every zone, including major areas other modders have created (with their permission of course).

I started it about 2 years ago and for a bunch of reasons it got abandoned and all my work was deleted, so I have started from fresh all over again

and so far its going better than the last time.

• Are you making the textures from scratch? - Yes and No, I actually like their textures so much that im not going to simply cover them up with some crappy texture I come up, my goal is to recreate theirs at significantly higher resolutions. As most people know you cant simply scale up a texture and call it "HD", by scaling it up it looses most if not all its definition/quality. So what im doing is creating it from scratch at much higher resolutions and PPI.

• Are you changing them AT ALL??? - Yes lol, as I stated before these are going to be much better quality.. On top of that the maps will actually look coordinated, no longer will 2 textures touching use 2 different color pallets and look like one is from tatooine and the other hoth.

• Do you plan on fixing texture clipping/other issues? - Yes, im not as skilled in that aspect so it may take me a while to learn it but i hate seeing textures get screwed up because the developers where rushed.

• I noticed your map mod for Kotor 1, are you planning on doing that for this mod? - Yes, it will be the last part that I do for each zone as I plan to use the textures i made to help create the new version.

• Are you planning on remaking the weapon textures? - Well they are part of the game, so i suppose yes. They will however be a last priority.

Zones

10/14/2014
Prologue: 0%

Peragus: 75%

Ebon Hawk: 40%

Im listing them as I attempt them, dont be fooled by the tiny list :D

Example

Example1_zps073da860.jpg

Example2_zpsf3829d45.jpg

Example3_zps0cd7d99f.jpg

Example4_zps1b8fa5c7.jpg

If anyone can give me any Tips on how to add shine to Textures that would be great because i want to add shine on exposed wires and screws :D[/center]

Dodge can be a useful tool for shines. I also personally dabble with bright colors in a layer over existing textures blended with a dodge or color-dodge blending mode. Also burn is a good tool for darkening edges.

Edit__

/self-faceslap!

I now see what you mean by "shine".

To give a texture a reflective quality, edit the alpha layer of your texture and paint the parts you want metal with black (or darker, basically darker will mean more shine) and create a new notepad file with the words:

envmaptexture Cm_Baremetal

and save it as <the name of your texture>.txi

obviously you'll have to save your texture as a .tga

Dodge can be a useful tool for shines. I also personally dabble with bright colors in a layer over existing textures blended with a dodge or color-dodge blending mode. Also burn is a good tool for darkening edges.

Edit__

/self-faceslap!

I now see what you mean by "shine".

To give a texture a reflective quality, edit the alpha layer of your texture and paint the parts you want metal with black (or darker, basically darker will mean more shine) and create a new notepad file with the words:

envmaptexture Cm_Baremetal

and save it as <the name of your texture>.txi

obviously you'll have to save your texture as a .tga

AHH Thanks :D Now it will be a truly epic texture pack (gotta avoid overshine like so many other texture packs though lol)

Looking good. How far are you on this project?

Somewhere around 60-70% done on Peragus, And thats about all.. so not to far in lol.

The tile set animations are giving me a run for my money, Not even sure there is a way to improve them without setting off the animation.

Looks great!

Are you planning to release this as 1 mod, or there will be separate texture pack for each planet?

Looks great!

Are you planning to release this as 1 mod, or there will be separate texture pack for each planet?

Not sure.. Might have to make it a torrent if its all one package, Peragus is around 100mb's right now, Might be able to compress it some but its pretty large texture pack lol

-edit-

Might also offer different sized releases, so people can choose if they want to deal with a huge download for extra quality.

Not sure.. Might have to make it a torrent if its all one package, Peragus is around 100mb's right now, Might be able to compress it some but its pretty large texture pack.

I suggest a dual distribution method. Release the individual packs one planet at a time here - as you go. When you've finished all the planets, also release the complete package as a torrent for those folks that want an all-in-one sort of deal.

A question: will you be packaging your mod as an EXE as before or will you let us place the files we wish to place in the override. Speaking only for myself, i love to pick an choose which wall, floor, and skybox textures I place in there as I likely to have complete control of my game's look. If it's an EXE, I can still do this but it would personally save me time. Just a thought . . .

I suggest a dual distribution method. Release the individual packs one planet at a time here - as you go. When you've finished all the planets, also release the complete package as a torrent for those folks that want an all-in-one sort of deal.

A question: will you be packaging your mod as an EXE as before or will you let us place the files we wish to place in the override. Speaking only for myself, i love to pick an choose which wall, floor, and skybox textures I place in there as I likely to have complete control of my game's look. If it's an EXE, I can still do this but it would personally save me time. Just a thought . . .

Ill probably just hand it out compressed in a zip/rar, at least until i finish up the entire thing.

Some ingame screenshot comparissons might be nice... or too early for that?

Ill Try and get some up as soon as possible, still gotta smooth out some things :D

Excited Statement: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Query: Does this include weapons textures?

Somewhere around 60-70% done on Peragus, And thats about all.. so not to far in lol.

The tile set animations are giving me a run for my money, Not even sure there is a way to improve them without setting off the animation.

You can edit basically anything if you make sure to recompress the texture in Photoshop before you save it. Whenever I tried to save my animated texture as (Save as) a .tga rather than flattening the image first (and just hitting save), I ran into the animation not working properly. Also if you were to theoretically resize the animation image, you would have to make a .txi with a custom size yourself. (I can give you the specific command found in the .txi if you need it)

I don't recommend resizing the animated textures due to the extra work it would require, but if you need to, you will need to find each cell and find what dimension they are (pixel height and width) and how many cells are in the image; which can be extremely difficult.

Query: Does this include weapons textures?

Don't be greedy. ;)

Actually whenever I get my PC back up, I currently have all of the weapon textures and am working on making higher res versions of them. :confused:

I'm going to fixate on one small area of one briefly seen module - the galaxy map area in the damaged Ebon Hawk module as seen in the prologue of TSL. When you see that area in the game -

(from 1:25 to 1:30 for a good shot of it) - notice that the monitors actually animate. I'd love to see those areas of the cockpit animate in the regular undamaged version of the Ebon Hawk. Not necessarily with the static and monitor issues but at least something could be changing in the background.

Back to that to that module though: I hope that when NVenom works on all of the module textures, he doesn't forget about this area too. ;)

Looks good, Nvenom! Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

I'm going to fixate on one small area of one briefly seen module - the galaxy map area in the damaged Ebon Hawk module as seen in the prologue of TSL. When you see that area in the game -

(from 1:25 to 1:30 for a good shot of it) - notice that the monitors actually animate. I'd love to see those areas of the cockpit animate in the regular undamaged version of the Ebon Hawk. Not necessarily with the static and monitor issues but at least something could be changing in the background.

Back to that to that module though: I hope that when NVenom works on all of the module textures, he doesn't forget about this area too. ;)

Those are some of the most incredibly hard textures to re-vitalize because they lack any detail to work off of, does not mean I am not trying though lol.

Howdy Everyone, been a long time (2 years, 2 months, 2 days). Shortly after my last post I got a new job as a software engineer and kinda just moved on without a second thought.. 55 hour work weeks killed any time I spent playing computer games because it felt like work whenever I touched one. Purchased a new computer for my job and without even a second thought threw away my junker I got in 2006.. I lost all my mods in progress for tons of games and didint even realize it till it was to late.

(This is the part where anyone who has ever lost hundreds/thousands of hours modding and lost/corrupted their files cries...)

Either way with a new PC i played SWTOR and like everyone else it was underwhelming.. Everyone has their own reason for that, for me its because I enjoy modding more than actually playing games and you cant mod it. So im coming back to play my favorite game's (Kotor I & II).. for me that means just modding the crap out of them and releasing anything I think is decent.

I do plan to restart and finish this mod, this time I will however release whatever I finish even if its not complete and I see myself getting torn away from the project. Trying not to get off topic but I wanted to use this post as a sort of coming back post and tip my hat to a wonderfull community and let them know I havent forgotten about them.

:welcome: Thanks for Reading this :welcome:

Most Likely editing the prologue textures. Really wanted to make new maps from the ground up but I need to make new textures for each area, than use the textures for the maps floors.

Quick example...

This is the ebon hawk map i threw it togather i like 15 seconds so the lines arent perfect.. its just an example :D

example1_zps1ec3303c.png

As you can see the floor is repeating the Ebon hawk primary texture from the prologue.. atleast i think thats the right texture lol.

example2_zpsddeea0b2.png

Either way, as you can see its the old one and I would prefer to use new updated ones, so in the end i get sucked back into doing the textures for all the maps lol

Will you be doing KOTOR/TSL maps for areas not in the original games (like M4-78, Coruscant, Brotherhood of Shadow, etc.)?

Will you be doing KOTOR/TSL maps for areas not in the original games (like M4-78, Coruscant, Brotherhood of Shadow, etc.)?

Most likely, but it would be one of the last things I would do and only when there is a high demand/author request, doing them all on a whim would be a little overwhelming.

Not really sure if i will get around to Kotor anytime soon, ive played through it nearly 70 times and only played TSL twice... So im trying to mod TSL more so it forces me to play it a little lol.

Not really sure if i will get around to Kotor anytime soon, ive played through it nearly 70 times and only played TSL twice... So im trying to mod TSL more so it forces me to play it a little lol.

I would suggest using the TSLRCM 1.8.3 and then adding the mods in this list so you have have the most areas to play around in.

I would suggest using the TSLRCM 1.8.3 and then adding the mods in this list so you have have the most areas to play around in.

Working on getting them now, Thanks for the recommendation.