Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

1.8 Impressions

Actually, with 51s it gets even harder, as they are stronger than 50s, and they meet you as a bunch in small rooms on your way out. Worse yet, it all happens on the lower level of the factory, where there is no workbench. SO if you haven't created hundreds of grenades and construction kits, you're in it deep. Of course, it's not a problem, if you reprogram 51s to be on your side. Or you can simply run for your life through them. Imagine HK-47 running for his life :cool:

My suggestion:

Change the music in the final sequence (Kreia's revelations, the talk with Visas/Handmaiden/Disciple, and the final Atton part. The current music is way too dark for that part. It doesn't fit in at all.

Maybe somebody could make an independent, optional patch specifically aimed at lowering the difficulty of the level? I know you guys are busy enough as it is, but I, along with the others, would appreciate it.

This would be awesome! I too agree that the overall difficulty of HK factory part is nowhere near Malachor V or Dxun (HK-47 is all alone here so it should be slightly more difficult but in the current state this is a save/load marathon).

My suggestion:

Change the music in the final sequence (Kreia's revelations, the talk with Visas/Handmaiden/Disciple, and the final Atton part. The current music is way too dark for that part. It doesn't fit in at all.

I agree. Don't know about DS ending (it is supposed to be dark, after all) but light side should have more optimistic music (that is AFTER Traya's death). This unused music for M4-78 would be just great for the LS ending:

The second definition of "difficulty" is opposite: enemies have a high number of HP, but their attacks do a normal to negligible amount of damage. Here, there's a very minute chance that you and your party will die and have to reload a save; the defeat of your enemies are inevitable, so there's no impetus to fret about your party, since there's no real danger.

I think it's more improper building of HK than them having many HP's. I notice everyone using the Droid Assassin Rifle. Weak. Power shot. Weak.

Dual-wield Mandalorian Rippers with Keen buff and even more crit hit damage (ontop of HK's unique feat to add crit damage)? Die HK-50 Die. They do die in 2 or 3 shots as that. And I know, since I did it.

And thus never realised how apparently they would have too much HP otherwise.

Also, as mentioned, 20 times less than TSLRP which I first got through the droid factory with.

so there's no way in which he can die.

Apparently people here disagree with that too?

because at least there everyone died after three or so lightsaber attacks.

Because everyone knows how to build the exile and the lightsaber. HK and blasters? Not so much apparently. I think nerfing the game would weaken it, instead of making people realise how to more efficiently play.

Learning through conflict and all, Kreia/Echani style ;).

Hassat and I just weren't paying attention to that aspect of it

I did. Except for the very last run I always went through it "clean", as a regular player would with regular gear. With enough repair skill, HK can even make some kickass blaster upgrades if you haven't pre-made it as Exile/Bao-Dur before.

And as stated, I never felt it was too hard, or took too long. Not even with the HK-51's. Until you had to kill them 5 times over to test bugs/fixes... but that wouldn't be the case for the player.

I agree. Don't know about DS ending (it is supposed to be dark, after all) but light side should have more optimistic music (that is AFTER Traya's death). This unused music for M4-78 would be just great for the LS ending:

I also support this idea.

Well, it seems there is a bunch of us (myself, Karmanaut, Darth Paulus, Kerk, Hegirae) who agree about the HK-50 and HK-51 having way too many hit points, making those long battles very tedious and, in my opinion, too difficult as well.

The argument "I think nerfing the game would weaken it, instead of making people realise how to more efficiently play." does not really apply, because if it was the player's strategy at fault, we'd be complaining about other tough sections of the game. But we are not. We are indicating one specific part, meaning we were up to the other challenges before.

Please will you consider lowering the droids' HP with a 25% the next time you release an update to TSLRCM 1.8? I think it'd be a good compromise and I am sure it won't make the HK factory a cakewalk.

If not, could you please tell us what files we should manually modify in order to accomplish that?

Thanks.

P.S. I am extending my support to the music Darth Paulus suggested...

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I like the HK factory as is :cool:

Saying that, I agree that the HK factory does stand out as being a little more difficult, because the HK-50's scale in difficultly and it doesn't make logical sense!

Why is it the first few HK-50s you meet go down like a sack of spuds, whereas in the HK-50 factory they are built like tanks?! They are all droids, all the same model, with the same spec built in the same place! It does break the immersion of the game :cry:

My solution would be, rather than have a mod that nerfs the HK-50s in the factory, would be a mod to make the other HK-50's in the game tougher! So the difference between them is less visible :P

I think part of Obsidion's vision was to make the party NPC's much more important than they were in K1 - so getting the right builds for them is vital. I think each party member was supposed to have their 'time to shine', so you can't ignore party members the way you can in K1 (I mean, whoever uses T3 after his role on Taris?)

For example, and try not to laugh, I used to find the surface of Telos quite difficult! :blink: Due to Bao-Dur being pretty useless in combat - melee or ranged. Then I realised that he is much more effective fighting unarmed. . makes the Telos surface waaaay easier.

Same with the HK factory. . Gunslinger builds are not as immediately obvious as Lightsaber / Melee builds, took me a few playthorughs of experiementing. . but I think that is the fun of the game, and the replay value!

I think you really have to rely on Critical Threat to score good damage with guns, also unstoppable damage is a must. . too many enemies use shilds. The lowever base damage of unstoppable weapons is worth the trade off.

As I go for Critical Hits, I pick either Rapid Shot or Sniper Shot. With a gun with a base threat of 18-20 + Keen (pinpoint scope) + Master Sniper Shot you are pretty much guaranteed a critical.

Though I usually use Rapid Shot - less chance of scoring a critical, but quite often you get two criticals in one round and that really descimates the opposition. . . (

The only guns really worth using IMO:

Rifles

------

Charric or Disruptor Rifle

Pistols

-------

Madelorian Ripper / Disintigrator

And I would really recommend using dual pistols. . there aren't enough feats to add bonuses to Rifles. . (I've always thought that Dualing should add a bonus to Rifles - it would then make them a viable alternative to dual pistols, IMO.)

Anyway, hope that long winded post helps! :P

I have a question, I am able to 'train' Bao-Dur, Atton, Mira, and even Visas with techiques that I learn throughout the story including Affect Mind and Dominate Mind. Not sure about Brianna (The Handmaiden) but I am not able to train the Disciple in a similar way. I can teach everyone else lightsaber forms and techniques but not the disciple.. is it meant to be like that?

I disagree, considering there is a much greater threat (the True Sith) waiting in the Outer Regions, so there is no reason for optimism at all. This music would just obscure its significance.

I disagree, considering there is a much greater threat (the True Sith) waiting in the Outer Regions, so there is no reason for optimism at all. This music would just obscure its significance.

Well, Kreia's last words seem optimistic. If the ending actually had the true sith approaching or something like that, then I could see dark music being used. With Kreia's optimism, the Exile's words to Handmaiden, and Atton's light-heartedness, the dark music is just out of place.

You can't give the HK's throughout the game the same stats. They basically already have. But the autoleveling makes them stronger at lvl 30 than level 15 obviously.

Though not sure how one can get to level 32 already when the HK-Factory triggers... :/

And yes, crits are important. Even more with HK with his +30% critical hit damage feat.

Yup, neither Handmaiden nor Disciple have these training options...

Just have to agree that in 1.7 battles in HK Factory felt kind of tedious. Not difficult, just tedious, and I really liked all other parts without Exile, because finally some challenge was at hand.

I did honestly use rifles with HK-47, although guns are obviously better, but HK just felt like a sniper rifle kind of guy to me.

I still have to try 1.8, but if really nothing has been changed on that field somebody should really try to lower health of HKs a little because it lowers the fun factor in otherwise great part of the game.

I have completed it once, along with having another run going now(which is chugging a bit, due to the fact that I keep finding things in certain areas that I have to change, due to my area reskin project), and I haven't come across any significant problems(although I'm sure that this is the preference). I still have to do a lightside run, and I might've missed a few quests here and there.

Oh, and I have to say that I like the scene at the end of the HK factory. But it's not the dialog that does it. Nope, it's the camera angle used for HK 47. Some would argue, but I'd say it fits.

Which one? There are a number of camera angles I was quite happy with in that scene.

Like, pretty much all of them lol

Here I thought I wouldn't really have to mention it. I would think only one(although it might occur more than once), would really stick out. To be basic, the infamous Hitler Cam...er, shot. I don't think such related themes are really an issue, given that Lucas himself referenced Triumph of the Will in ANH, and given the general look of the Empire....well, the point should be obvious. I myself have no problem with it.

Of course, I also like it because there isn't any real confusion as to how to get to the scene(although I forget if you specifically need to use the console now, or you don't). Along with that, it just flawlessly loads the next area, without needing to run back to the exit, or anything else.

I'm playing Kotor II for the first time. I've been trough Nar Shaddaa and currently traveling in Dantooine. Even for a first timer it has been easy to see which parts come from TSLRCM. The thing is that the restored content is of better quality than the original game. The added dialog is more coherent and situations more plausible. Actually the single best experience in game has been the Padawan lost which prompted me to register and thank the makers of this mod.

I thank you mod makers for a good time and a great experience.

Do you know which parts for sure?

or I supppse you could've just read the changelog lol

Being a nosy old fart I went through Nar Shaddaas section of "What's restored" thread after I had played it through. It confirmed pretty much everything I suspected. I must confess that I kept lingering hope that maybe I was wrong and the clumsy and sometimes incoherent dialog was the fault of the mod. Unfortunately it is just the case of an inferior sequel. Quality of TSLRCM is well beyond that of the Kotor II.

I had run across this tiny inconsistency before and fixed it myself many moons ago..I kinda thought 1.8 would do it, but I guess you guys didn't catch it. No Problem..

After speaking to Luxa in the cantina - then go to the Exchange to talk to Loppak, you talk to the Rodian door guy..when you say "Luxa sent me" he opens the door and scrams..here is the resulting quest entry (see pic)

I'm sure it's just a wrong global.jrl entry that's getting pointed to in the dialog..and had fixed it before a long time ago. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.

post-8962-0-00422200-1347797011_thumb.jpg

"Taris citizens no longer pose as Mauraders or Lords."

Can someone please elaborate on this?

How similar is this fix to what is done in VP's Trayus Rank Reform?