Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

Guest MaximusLight

Okay, but the question remains, is there still that much content to restore?

*shrug* The impression I've gotten for this thread is that most of the major plot significant things have been put in already and it's more polishing than anything else.

Personally I've been holding off on all the the restored content mods until there is a version which restores most of the plot-relevant content that doesn't have any major crash bugs. (1.6 didn't have crash bugs but it still had some stuff to restore and 1.7 was good enough for my liking but then I found out about the black screen issue).

I basically just want to be able to play the game with it restored and with no major problems or work-arounds needed. (I could but I don't want to) You know, play it like the game it is kind of thing but with actual endings.

(also I'm hoping it's done before The Old Republic both in case I decide to play it and so that it can get some face time before it comes out).

Okay, but the question remains, is there still that much content to restore?

Not a real large amount, but the stuff I've found is actually some pretty good content. We'll keep hunting until it's all found.

You do realize that we've restored more content with each consecutive release, right?

Not a real large amount, but the stuff I've found is actually some pretty good content. We'll keep hunting until it's all found.

You do realize that we've restored more content with each consecutive release, right?

If memory serves, I believe I played both versions 1.6 and 1.7 and, yes, I did notice tons of content restored as opposed to the standard retail. In my last playthrough, however, Kreia vanished from the game altogether, but that might have been a conflict with a different mod (I was playing a female Exile and had both the Handmaiden and the Disciple). On that note, will mods compatible with 1.7 be compatible with 1.8 also?

Guest Luminous Being

Ty for the update and please continue the good work.

Guest Kerk

No, it's not guaranteed.

So I take it, in order to avoid any glitches or crushes, instead of installing 1.8 over 1.7, you recommend reinstalling the whole game with the fresh clean 1.8 on it? Good enough for me. Don't want to play this great game with 1.7 untill M4-78EP commes out.

Initial game + TSLRCM 1.8 + M4-78EP = glorious resurrection of kotor 2 :cool:

Guest Sceptrum

Any rough information when 1.8 will be released? Like how many months? I don't mean to whine just curious..

Thanks.

Nope, when it's done... No idea yet when that will be.

Only took 2 1/2 week of constant mucking about with him, but FINALLY that damn Tank Droid on Telos does what it's supposed to do.

Atleast, it does for me now... let's hope that's not a one-time fluke (like my Pc-only 0_o) I am including as fix...

Guest Dark_Ansem

HH, can you fix vrook's lightsaber going off during the pause within the fight (when kreia makes the PC learn his style)?

EDIT: actually, this happens during all master fights...

Drop this file in your override, see if that fixes it. If so, it'll be in 1.8. If not, more work to do!

Recent fixes (like, 5 minutes ago);

Now properly heals Bao-Dur after the Academy (even if you send him to the hawk) and Visas after lightsaber training...

a_master_half.ncs

Guest Dark_Ansem

thanks :D will have to post in a bit tho, no savegame near a master!

Guest Allison Lightning

Is there any chance that 1.8. will undo the glitch of the game refering to Revan as the wrong gender, despite your preselection at the begining? I mean, this game with TSLRCM feels so much more complete but that glitch with Revan is just frustrating and makes the game feel buggy. (There's been a one time ocassion where my female Exile has been called a guy)

I know the original game had a glitch right around the Leviathan torture scene but the only wrong gender bug. I don't blame Obsidan- I blame Lucas Arts and the infamous phrase 'released in time for Christmas'

1.7 fixes all fixable cases within limits of VO. 1.8 goes beyond that, but no, not *every* single one is fixed yet.

Bother/Complain with our voice-splitter (Sith Holocron :))

The "fix" wont work, I accidentily uploaded the base script instead of my modification. Which didn't work either, so it's not like you miss a lot.

I BROKE DANTOOINE.

I unbroke it too, so not too bad... :P

1.7 fixes all fixable cases within limits of VO. 1.8 goes beyond that, but no, not *every* single one is fixed yet.

Bother/Complain with our voice-splitter (Sith Holocron :))

E-mail me the list of what remains to be fixed to my gmail account.

Guest HK-47

Nope, when it's done... No idea yet when that will be.

Only took 2 1/2 week of constant mucking about with him, but FINALLY that !@#$%^&* Tank Droid on Telos does what it's supposed to do.

Atleast, it does for me now... let's hope that's not a one-time fluke (like my Pc-only 0_o) I am including as fix...

Query: What is that droid supposed to do anyways other than patrol around, which is/was broke by the way, and shoot you/ throw grenades at you?

• Like 1

Hmmm, should he have a bigger purpose than that?

But well, you cannot shuttle off till he's dead. You mean something like that?

@ SH: Check both your mail and PM's

Guest HK-47

Answer: I don't know. It is KotOR 2 after all.

Statement: I always put out as many of the sonic mines that I pick up from Peragus II in front of the door as I can. That usually kills it and I don't have to deal with it.

Progress is being made. The Onderonians follow again (yay!) and all seems good. Enemies are slightly more aggressive in trying to kill you, but that's hardly a weak point. I think. Let's hope it doesn't give issues. Can't spot any myself though...

Oh my... modified the Onderon Royal Palace without any bugs! Certainly didn't see that coming.

To celebrate I fixed Kavar walking back to his console and using the "typing" animation when talked to in the Throne Room :blink: .

• Like 1

Is there any chance that 1.8. will undo the glitch of the game referring to Revan as the wrong gender, despite your selection at the beginning? I mean, this game with TSLRCM feels so much more complete but that glitch with Revan is just frustrating and makes the game feel buggy. (There's been a one time occasion where my female Exile has been called a guy)

I've submitted 5 separate splices for instances where there wasn't an alternate line for a female Revan. After HH reviews it, it should be sent up the chain.

For those interested in which characters were corrected for: 4 lines for Disciple, one for Bao-Dur. If any other examples have been noted by any of you for other characters (or you you've noted more than the number I've stated for Disciple and Bao-Dur), please PM me the following information: name of Character and the full quotation of the line. If you know the actual file-name of the sound file, that will speed up matters but it isn't a requirement.

Please help us make sure Revan remains the same gender through out the game!

Guest plasma890

Thanks for the hard work guys! Its nice to see an active modding community for KOTOR, you guys have way more patience than I do haha.

For those interested in which characters were corrected for: 4 lines for Disciple, one for Bao-Dur.

Also 2 Goto, 4 HK-47, 3 "Coruscant lines" and of course a 'she' version for the Polar Academy.

Also, found a new line for you (exile, not Revan though)... 0_o

Guest HK-47

Oh my... modified the Onderon Royal Palace without any bugs! Certainly didn't see that coming.

To celebrate I fixed Kavar walking back to his console and using the "typing" animation when talked to in the Throne Room :blink: .

Exclamation: THANK YOU!

Statement: I know of an instance during the Kreia Atris scene. I can't remember which person's (Revan or Exile) gender is mentioned wrong (I think the Exile's) and which gender it is. There was also the instance when Kreia is talking to Atton on Citadel Station while under house arrest. That one mostly happens when Male.

Consolation: If I was about to get to the last point, I'd go ahead and play it to see if it happens and be specific. But I'm afraid that's all I've got. I'll try to be more specific if I can.

That first one is the "found a new line for you" in the previous post ;).

Don't see any issues with the conversation at the window.