DarthParametric

Members
  • Content Count

    3,419
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    332

Image Comments posted by DarthParametric


  1. The PMBH models do (as do the G models for both sexes), but the PMBF models don't have any neck weights, just like the female F/H models. However I did a quick in-game test with PMBFS (small seems to have the worst clipping problems for females) and I didn't see any problems, and I haven't seen any on the large model either, so it seems they are probably ok.


  2. I see you have released your mod. A note for future endeavours: as a general rule you never want to touch the bottom row of neck verts on a head, as they are positioned so that they properly mate with bodies that don't have a hidden join. If you give that head a different body, like clothes or a robe, you'll see a massive gap at the front now because of the change you made to the position of that front vert. It's not a problem in this case, but something to bear in mind for player heads especially.

    As I said above, this looks like an issue with the body model, with the way the collar verts on the front part come in too far, Presumably this is also a problem with other heads. It may warrant a more general fix.

    Regarding the clipping at the back, that is presumably because the collar on the body is weighted entirely to torsoupr_g, while that area of the neck on the head has a reasonable amount of influence from neck_g. This is again something that could possibly be a more general problem, or maybe it only affects Twi'lek female heads, since they were never intended to be used on other bodies. The solution would likely again be to edit the body model, this time adjusting the skin weights of the collar. This may necessitate adding bones to the rig, as body models typically stop at torsoupr_g and don't have the neck_g bone. Alternatively, the head could be edited to set the weights on that area of the neck to necklwr_g (which is functionally identical to torsoupr_g). Either way should stop the clipping.

    Edit: Here's Mission demonstrating that the problem is at least partially with the amour models:

    K1_Female_Armour_Neck_Clipping_Mission_T

    • Thanks 1

  3. You have two options.

    Presumably this is already a custom head you have added to heads.2da, so the logical approach is to load the head model into Max/GMax and adjust the vert positions in that area of the neck to move them back half 5-10mm, enough so they no longer clip through the collar.

    The second option is to create a custom version of the armour model (since again I assume she has a custom row in appearance.2da) and adjust the position of the verts on the collar, pulling them out a bit.

    Either would be a valid approach, but editing the head is the one I would suggest.

    • Thanks 1

  4. I'm not sure about the undershirt, but the jacket looks pretty good. With some adjustment it could be made to work with the pocketless version of the jacket I made. That one was a hybrid using the Scout legs, but it could be mated back to the original Scoundrel legs, which I assume you are using.

    • Like 2

  5. It occurs to me that since I suck so much at textures, I'd be far better off worrying about fixing the models and just giving you the base textures to play with. Although in the case of your biker Revan, the tattoos probably obfuscate the skin tone change anyway for the most part.

    • Thanks 1

  6. 1 hour ago, ebmar said:

    Which means... there would be a possibility, of no repetitive pattern on both side of the body right?

    Not a possibility, a fact:

    K1_Bare_Chested_Male_Underwear_Non-Mirro

    The only issue I'm having is trying to colour match to the heads. It's a freaking nightmare as they are all different. It's no wonder that Bioware and Obsidian went with jumpsuits. I might have to do a unique texture per head.

    • Like 2

  7. 12 hours ago, ebmar said:

    In fact, while ago I have considered on releasing the texture as a mod. But, as we all know- and I understand it too; I will have to get permission from LordKinoda as the creator of the texture, so I hold off. I'll try to PM LK later [and to tell the truth I don't know if LK's still active or not]. 

    No need, I am working on a non-mirrored UVs underwear model using the Canderous body. Will release it shortly.

    • Like 2

  8. There's a chamfer that runs through the middle of the ring of holes. The marks are from the way the printer handled the top layer on the inside half of that chamfer. On the outside, the filament was laid down in a series of nice, neat concentric circles in parallel with the outside diameter of the part. On the inside it looks like it has mushed in some infill in various criss-cross patterns rather than doing a neat top layer. The part probably needs some custom settings for those layers, to force it to use solid infill (although it should have handled that automatically).

    • Thanks 1