About This File
Several of droid special weapons have incorrect descriptions of its damage and effects. For example, according to the description Droid Toxin Emitter has properties “On Hit: Paralyze, 25% for 6sec, Poison, Mild Weakness. Fortitude Save: DC 10 to negate each”, but combat log shows “On Hit: Poison, Virulent Damage, Weakness. Fortitude Save: DC100 to negate poison”.
This mod fix descriptions for the following special weapons:
- Fire Suppression System now correctly shows “Damage: Cold, 5pts. Save: DC10 for half damage and ignore paralyze effect” instead of “Damage: Cold, 10pts. Save: DC15 for half damage and ignore paralyze effect”.
- Droid Flame Thrower incorrectly showed in the description: “Special: Targets 7th level and up ignore horror effect”.
- Droid Molten Cannon incorrectly showed in the description: “Special: Targets 7th level and up ignore horror effect”.
- Droid Plasma Thrower now correctly shows “Damage: Ion 60pts. Save: DC= 20 + Level for half damage” instead of “Damage: Fire, Ion 60pts. Save: DC20 for half damage”.
- Droid Multi-spectral Emitter now correctly shows “Save: DC= 24 + Level for half damage” instead of “Save: DC= 24+Level of target for half-damage”.
- Droid Toxin Emitter now correctly shows “On Hit: Poison, Virulent Damage, Weakness. Save: DC100 to negate poison” instead of “On Hit: Paralyze, 25% for 6sec, Poison, Mild Weakness. Save: DC 10 to negate each”.
- DroidBio-Assault Spray now correctly shows “Save: DC30 to negate poison” instead of “Save: DC22 to negate slow”.
In addition, this mod offers an optional rebalance fix that changes the damage and effects of Droid Toxin Emitter and Droid Bio-Assault Spray to make more sense. According to the description, Droid Toxin Emitter is lower tier weapon than Droid Bio-Assault Spray and logically should be weaker. But in the game, Droid Toxin Emitter causes Virulent Damage, Weakness with DC100 (probably, unavoidable by all characters), while Droid Bio-Assault Spray causes only Virulent Damage with DC30. Optional rebalance fix makes the following changes:
- Droid Toxin Emitter now causes Average Damage, Weakness with DC25 (according to developers’ original record in script).
- Droid Bio-Assault Spray now causes Virulent Damage, Weakness with DC100.
1. Copy the files from the “special weapons fix” folder to your game's override directory.
2. To install optional rebalance fix of droid poison weapons, copy the content of “Optional rebalance fix” folder to your game's override directory, replacing the files d_device_04.uti and d_device_10.uti, installed on the previous step.
Warning: if you already have file k_sup_droid.ncs inyour Override, then do not install Optional rebalance fix, as it is incompatible with other mods that modify k_sup_droid.ncs.
Note: starting a new game is not required. Just get rid of the affected special weapons from your droids’ inventories, then find/buy new ones, and they will have correct descriptions. Also, the descriptions of special weapons in the inventories of already visited merchants won’t change.
Delete files d_device_03.uti, d_device_04.uti, d_device_07.uti,d_device_09.uti, d_device_10.uti, d_device_15.uti, g_d_firesupres01.uti from your Override folder.
If you installed Optional rebalance fix, then delete d_device_04.uti,d_device_10.uti, k_sup_droid.ncs from your Override folder.
This mod is compatible with TSLRCM.
This mod is incompatible with any mods that change the aforementioned droid special weapons.
Optional rebalance fix is incompatible with any mods that change k_sup_droid.ncs (script affecting droid special weapons), such as “Improved AI” mod.
This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author.
This mod can be reuploaded / posted on other sites only if it is unavailable both on DeadlyStream, and on Nexus, and there is no contact with the author for at least 3 months.
KotOR Tool by Fred Tetra
KotOR Scripting Tool by Blue
PM me on DeadlyStream or Nexus.
THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.