About This File
The cutscenes were upscaled using Topaz Gigapixel AI, and interpolated to 60fps using SVP Pro 4. Black bars are used to maintain the aspect ratio of the content while bringing the videos to 16:9 overall.
- Make a backup of your "Movies" folder, in your main game directory.
- Download the pack that matches the resolution you play at. (Available: 720p, 768p, 1080p, 1440p, 2160p)
- Extract/unzip the pack you downloaded.
- Replace everything in your Movies folder with the extracted files. Do not place them in your Override folder.
From here, there are two options to get them to play properly:
- Use Universal Widescreen (UniWS) to patch your game to the desired resolution. Video tutorial.
- Using a HEX editor, change the a set of numbers in your game's executable. See below.
If you're using the Steam version, you may need to get a replacement executable (which I can't provide here) to be able to open it with the HEX editor or UniWS. Other online guides may have a link to a suitable file.
To edit your executable, follow one of these two guides (skipping the parts about upscaling the cutscenes):
You will need to change the first and last two values in this set in your exe: 80 02 00 00 75 15 81 3D D8 D1 78 00 E0 01
The new values you should use, per resolution, are:
- 720p: 00 05 00 00 75 15 81 3D D8 D1 78 00 D0 02
- 768p: 56 05 00 00 75 15 81 3D D8 D1 78 00 00 03
- 1080p: 80 07 00 00 75 15 81 3D D8 D1 78 00 38 04
- 1440p: 00 0A 00 00 75 15 81 3D D8 D1 78 00 A0 05
- 2160p: 00 0F 00 00 75 15 81 3D D8 D1 78 00 70 08
If you would like to donate to support my game upscaling projects, you can use this tipjar: ClassiCinematics Paypal
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
Corrected an issue affecting Kashyyyk.