Sign in to follow this  
Rinku

Star Wars VII Theories

So there have recently been some pretty good (imo) articles/posts predicting what the plot is going to be about....I wanted to share these articles with you guys, in case you haven't seen them.  Also, I want to say that I intentially put the links in the order below...because I think they provide explanations that build off one another and make what would be a really interesting plot.

1) io9

2) wired

3) huffpost

So after reading all of these, what do you guys think?

Luke Skywalker is not Kylo Ren, I don't think.

Could Luke have gone to the Dark Side? Possibly, but I don't think this is the case.

• Like 1

Luke Skywalker is not Kylo Ren, I don't think.

Probably should've clarified, I don't think he is Kylo Ren (mainly because the pics of Kylo Ren without a mask look like Adam Driver). I was thinking more he went darkside without realizing it, so now we'd be dealing with a much more grey definition of what Jedi and Sith are for the universe.

He's definitely not Kylo Ren. I believe something happened that made him either fall to the dark side or abandon his ideals temporarily. Kylo may be his son, that I find believable. 

• Like 1

Luke aint no villian my friends, and he certainly hasnt abandoned his views (sorta)... Thats all I am going to say

The idea that he fell to the dark side to defeat the Emperor is preposterous. If he had done that, he simply would have used the ol' lightsaber, rather than helplessly lie on the floor covered in Force Lightning while Vader did all the work.

That said, he theoretically could have fallen the the Dark Side later... that would explain the whole thing with Vader's helmet, but making one of the old characters the big bad guy doesn't really make much sense to me. I could be wrong, though. Making Luke fall at all seems like could lead to considerable audience backlash, but Disney might have decided to take that risk.

We'll find out for sure before too long, at any rate.

Theory, We will get to see made windu as a really old guy with one less arm... Because George Lucas said he survived the fall...

And chewbacca gets a girlfriend. Wookie babies confirmed. Or wookie cookies if you will.

Theory, We will get to see made windu as a really old guy with one less arm... Because George Lucas said he survived the fall...

And chewbacca gets a girlfriend. Wookie babies confirmed. Or wookie cookies if you will.

Um no he didnt

And where did he say this?

EDIT: You learn something new everyday I geuss... but that just annoys me that GL Says he survived

And where did he say this?

EDIT: You learn something new everyday I geuss... but that just annoys me that GL Says he survived

It makes sense he survived. He is an all powerful jedi master who had many years of training in endurance and combat. It is quite likely he would survive. Besides he only fell like 20 stories...

It makes sense he survived. He is an all powerful jedi master who had many years of training in endurance and combat. It is quite likely he would survive. Besides he only fell like 20 stories...

Gonna have to call you on that. He firstly was severely weakened/demoralized when he fell, and lets face it, there were better Jedi who were gunned-down in much simpler circumstances and they didn't mystically survive.

Second, the smallest building I saw on Coruscant was at least 50-200 stories high.. It is not only unlikely, but his lack of an arm would add to the distraction to the focus required to find a hand-hold AND would provide him with no means to catch anything should he find a rogue speeder between him and the concrete possibly miles below him..

So either he is stronger than any Jedi in the movies (somehow), or he just didn't survive the fall.. GL seriously needs a date with the Laws of Physics and/or reality..

(However, I consider the possibility that there was some conspiracy and someone managed to save Windu by catching him mid-fall, which is wierd but theoretically possible.)

• Like 1

Gonna have to call you on that. He firstly was severely weakened/demoralized when he fell, and lets face it, there were better Jedi who were gunned-down in much simpler circumstances and they didn't mystically survive.

Second, the smallest building I saw on Coruscant was at least 50-200 stories high.. It is not only unlikely, but his lack of an arm would add to the distraction to the focus required to find a hand-hold AND would provide him with no means to catch anything should he find a rogue speeder between him and the concrete possibly miles below him..

So either he is stronger than any Jedi in the movies (somehow), or he just didn't survive the fall.. GL seriously needs a date with the Laws of Physics and/or reality..

(However, I consider the possibility that there was some conspiracy and someone managed to save Windu by catching him mid-fall, which is wierd but theoretically possible.)

I just had a terrible thought...

I certainly hope they don't do this, but what if Finn is related to Mace Windu?

... grrr

• Like 1

... grrr

or worse... Mace Windu is finn lol

... grrr

I dunno. This sounds like we're starting to get past the realm of plausibility. If you're right about this though, make sure to use this post to ridicule me for my incompetence.

Other than being black, he doesn't look anything like Mace to me, so I think we can rule out the idea of him being a clone. Actually, I think that if Mace was going to have any part in this at all, then his actor would be returning...

I dunno. This sounds like we're starting to get past the realm of plausibility. If you're right about this though, make sure to use this post to ridicule me for my incompetence.

Other than being black, he doesn't look anything like Mace to me, so I think we can rule out the idea of him being a clone. Actually, I think that if Mace was going to have any part in this at all, then his actor would be returning...

Well, I'm just conjuring up the worst case scenario theories.

Well, I'm just conjuring up the worst case scenario theories.

Well I hope they remain just that: Theories

You do realize how powerful made windu is? Also it doesn't matter if he was "demoralized" look at anakin Malkior. I'd also like to mention that there could have been a balcony below him... Like only 1 or 2 stories down.

Something else that has occurred to me... except for that one tiny scene with R2, he and C-3P0 haven't shown up at all in the promotional material, if I remember correctly. Makes you wonder where they come in, doesn't it?

Could be Han Solo?

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AmhFxC_qhAoUiIGe9FSNswibvZx4?p=will+han+solo+die+in+episode+vii%3F&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-339&fp=1

So if Solo dies in Star Wars Episode 7 then Harrison Ford will be out of the set of Star Wars Episode 8 and 9.

Update:

Commonly, inside the Star Wars Expanded Universe’s stories, Han and Leia had three kids: a son named Anakin Solo and later, the twins Jaina and Jacen Solo.

In Star Wars Episode 7 the Force Awakens, Jaina Solo is Rey and Jaicen Solo is Kylo Ren.

Take a look at this link:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-20/7-pieces-of-evidence-that-suggest-star-wars-rey-and-kylo-ren-are-actually-the-solo-twins

Commonly, inside the Star Wars Expanded Universe’s stories, Han and Leia had three kids: a son named Anakin Solo and later, the twins Jaina and Jacen Solo.

In Star Wars Episode 7 the Force Awakens, Jaina Solo is Rey and Jaicen Solo is Kylo Ren.

Take a look at this link:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-10-20/7-pieces-of-evidence-that-suggest-star-wars-rey-and-kylo-ren-are-actually-the-solo-twins

Somebody explain to me, who is the Grand Master Snoke?   :question: