Sucide5612

An update on my Mod search

So awhile back I made a post looking for an updated version of the LD-29 mod, I had no luck but than I thought "what if I updated it myself?" so following the tutorials online, The first thing I managed to do was create a custom party portrait, Its still not great as it is a bit dark and squished but I'm still proud that it actually works, not to mention this is my first time modding KOTOR.

I do want to make the portrait a bit brighter and make it look not so squished, but once I get that going I am going to try my hand at implementing some Voice over, just plain robotic text to speech but If i can get that done than I will be very satisficed.

20221124063245_1.jpg

• Like 2

@Sucide5612 If you send me the audio files after you've made them, I can put a HK-47 type of filter on them. You'll have to use this mod on the files afterwards to get your sound files properly formatted to the game though.

So I did fix the Potrait for LD a few days ago, he Looks less squished right now.  

I am running the widescreen patch so it does look a bit blurry. 

Audio/Dialogue stuff will probs be done soon. 

I'm not sure if I can release the updated version for everyone, I'm pretty sure this mod has long been abandoned by the Original MA, but I'm not sure how people feel about uploading a more updated/improved version of the mod.

20221129071553_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Sucide5612 said:

So I did fix the Portrait for LD a few days ago. He looks less squished right now. 

If you PM me your skin for LD-29, I could try to make a portrait for you if you wish.

Edit: I was assuming you made your own skin. If you're using C_DrdWar05 (or another standard War Droid skin) as LD-29's skin, I can get started on this after I get home from work.

Did you try reaching out to the original mod author for permission?  Their email address is in the read-me of the original mod.

9 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Did you try reaching out to the original mod author for permission?  Their email address is in the read-me of the original mod.

I did but have not heard but for quite some time, I think the email is dead and abandoned, the last time the MA was active was like 10-12 years ago.

@Sucide5612 You might want to check in with the staff to see if this mod qualifies under the "abandon-ware" label before continuing.  You wouldn't want to work on something that you couldn't upload here, right? Reach out with Admins through PMs.

This would be classified as abandonware if there was no other site on which the original mod author had an account which they could be contacted through. If the email has already been attempted, we would just need to know that due diligence has been done to confirm there's no other site where the mod author might still be active, and if not it could be uploaded--with all credit to the original author for the mod's base contents--as abandonware.

EDIT: SH provided me the name of the mod author and a link to the original download, and I am comfortable confirming its status as abandonware--we found no site where the user had been active any more recently than 2008.

The base mod can be uploaded, with all credit given specifically to Darth Leomar/Darth Betrayal. Your patch to the mod will need to be uploaded as an entirely separate mod, so both the original mod and your patch will be required to download.

• Light Side Points 1