ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Don't you lot look at me. Translating Yavin IV into English was tough enough. Translating something of this scope the other way around, nope.avi.

Wait, you're the guy who translated that mod into English?

Thank you! I used to love that mod when I was knew to Kotor.

http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic

^^ This is very exciting and I just found out about its GOG release today. While a tad bit pricier than other releases of the same game: various reviews and friends have indicated it's optimized for the later OSes (esp. for multi core CPUs) and has had a few compatibility fixes applied to it as well.

It came out a week ago and I'm almost tempted to buy it. For those who don't know what GOG is: it's Steam but all the games are 100% DRM-free and guaranteed to work with all rigs. My friend who owns the Steam version and retail version of KOTOR 1 said the GOG version hasn't crashed once in his 20 hour continuous playthrough so far and even cutscenes play nicely without crashing/minimizing the game.

One thing that worries me -- will this release be considered and/or work with the K1R mod.

^^ This is very exciting and I just found out about its GOG release today. While a tad bit pricier than other releases of the same game: various reviews and friends have indicated it's optimized for the later OSes (esp. for multi core CPUs) and has had a few compatibility fixes applied to it as well.

It came out a week ago and I'm almost tempted to buy it. For those who don't know what GOG is: it's Steam but all the games are 100% DRM-free and guaranteed to work with all rigs. My friend who owns the Steam version and retail version of KOTOR 1 said the GOG version hasn't crashed once in his 20 hour continuous playthrough so far and even cutscenes play nicely without crashing/minimizing the game.

One thing that worries me -- will this release be considered and/or work with the K1R mod.

Well, based on the link, GOG is just a modified Steam version, so the mod should still work.

On another note, for those of you who've read the status on my profile, I should be up and running with a new charger and battery by this weekend...

Will this mod be restoring the parts  of Kashyyyk that were cut out, i.e, will this mod be restoring the removed parts of the Shadowlands? 

Hi guys, I'm really happy to see someone is working on a project like this.  :)

I just have one little question.

The last time I've played kotor was *really* long ago, but I remember using several fixes for known bugs (I remember a fix on Bastila romance)..will you include those fixes too?

I'm intrigued in getting this version instead of the version I have.  Do you know if this has the standard resolutions that the game originally came with, or did they give it any better resolutions?

I'm intrigued in getting this version instead of the version I have.  Do you know if this has the standard resolutions that the game originally came with, or did they give it any better resolutions?

You can have proper widescreen, I read a dedicated thread just yesterday on the GOG forum.

Here is the link I saved :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic/widescreen/page1

The right link for the patch is this: http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-wars-knights-old-republic

Also read this to see why the GOG version seems better: http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic/steam_v_gog

Hi guys, I'm really happy to see someone is working on a project like this.  :D

I just have one little question.

The last time I've played kotor was *really* long ago, but I remember using several fixes for known bugs (I remember a fix on Bastila romance)..will you include those fixes too?

Likely, we will re-make those, if the authors aren't around.

Will this mod be restoring the parts  of Kashyyyk that were cut out, i.e, will this mod be restoring the removed parts of the Shadowlands? 

Sadly, no.

This is not due to lack of effort, but merely the fact that the area is empty, with no content nor the hint of what was supposed to be there...

Sadly, no.

This is not due to lack of effort, but merely the fact that the area is empty, with no content nor the hint of what was supposed to be there...

Understandable, but regrettable I suppose. I guess it won't really matter for me though, since I have my own slightly modified version of the Restored Shadowlands from Kotorfiles anyway, and that's good enough for me.

Will the Rough-Cut Upari Crystal at least be received as a reward from the Wookie Warrior there instead of the Echani Vibroblade like in the vanilla game? At least, I'm assuming that's who you were supposed to get the crystal from anyway, unless I'm mistaken. It just seems like the most likely way to obtain it.

Understandable, but regrettable I suppose. I guess it won't really matter for me though, since I have my own slightly modified version of the Restored Shadowlands from Kotorfiles anyway, and that's good enough for me.

Will the Rough-Cut Upari Crystal at least be received as a reward from the Wookie Warrior there instead of the Echani Vibroblade like in the vanilla game? At least, I'm assuming that's who you were supposed to get the crystal from anyway, unless I'm mistaken. It just seems like the most likely way to obtain it.

Potentially, but what about giving both?

Potentially, but what about giving both?

I don't remember the exact lines he said, nor do I have a save file to re-read them, but I'm pretty sure the way he referred to the reward was in a singular manner; the "symbol of his clan," or something along those lines. The crystal would be more fitting than the Vibroblade, I think.

Maybe you could show the Wookie fighting the Mandalorians using both his regular long sword in one hand and the Echani Vibroblade in the other, if you want to imply that the Wookie pretty much gave whatever of value he had as his reward.

Why not leave the blade on the corpse of Mandalorian you kill to save the Wookiee you save? The Wookiee can give the rough cut.

• Like 2

Why not leave the blade on the corpse of Mandalorian you kill to save the Wookiee you save? The Wookiee can give the rough cut.

Or better yet, since it's a pretty valuable blade, give it to the leader of the group. It would also make the battle a tad bit more challenging.

Well, what does the note say?

Note much, perhaps.

• Like 3

A small question - there is an empty apartment (well, it has a footlocker or something, but there's nobody inside) in the apartment block where the hideout is, are you going to put something in it or can I use it for my own content?

A small question - there is an empty apartment (well, it has a footlocker or something, but there's nobody inside) in the apartment block where the hideout is, are you going to put something in it or can I use it for my own content?

You can use it for your own content.  There is nothing to restore there.

Well, it's been awhile since we've updated...

ZM and me fixed a few serious bugs with the Pazaak Tourney and ended up spending a week going back through it several times to fix any issues that slipped past our QA department. (Hmm... Guess who we hired for that job...)

In addition, I've fixed all but one bug on Taris, for which I need FG's help. He also finished most of the Leviathan, save for one little piece of a cutscene that needs checking...

So now that we've found some breathing room, ZM and me have been looking at the small things we can restore.

That being said, ZM and me looked into and discussed how to deal with the Rough-Cut Upari Amulet, the infamous "Cut Wookie Amulet". The Developer Comments on the item say that it's from the injured Wookie, so ZM and me have agreed to make that the quest reward and put the Echani Vibroblade as a drop on the Mandalorian Leader, that way you get both items.

• Like 1

Now that I played with BoS:SR a bit...

It was decided recently (within the past week), that we will not make K1R compatible with BoS:SR or Recruitable Kay.

Instead, I will make separate patches for both mods at a later date...

However, that is assuming nothing goes wrong when one simply installs BoS:SR over K1R, which could happen due to scripts.

BoS:SR is definitely going to need a patch - it has some serious issues when installed over any mod that changes appearance.2da.

Now that I played with BoS:SR a bit...

BoS:SR is definitely going to need a patch - it has some serious issues when installed over any mod that changes appearance.2da.

Yeah K1R definitely changes appearance.2da we have about I'd wager three special little snowflakes that get the treatment of their own appearances :P.