ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

I can't wait on that mod. It's really great you're guys working on it. You think the final version (mean NOT demo) will be released this year?

I found this mod a few weeks ago, when I was just about to play KOTOR again with mods. Now I can't play KOTOR Until this finishes. Awww man its like waiting for a game to be made. Well Either way I was wandering on what other mods would work with this one, and if there is a list already made for that?

I found this mod a few weeks ago, when I was just about to play KOTOR again with mods. Now I can't play KOTOR Until this finishes. Awww man its like waiting for a game to be made. Well Either way I was wandering on what other mods would work with this one, and if there is a list already made for that?

We don't know yet, people will be free to test compatibility of mods upon release and as soon as we find out from that what mods definitely work and which don't a thread with a list of compatible mods and incompatible mods will be made.

I'm curious but in developing this mod. What was the most frustrating part in the making of this mod to date? What has been the most enjoyable?

Are we there yet?

Apparently not. I'm enjoying the wait. Can't wait to kill a krayt dragon.

In order to keep sane on the wait for this mod, I would like to take a geuss on the released of this mod. Depending on these circumstance it could released either this month or next if they have no problems. If they do have problems it be a 3 months to a year. If they get major problems than it could be more than a year or declared dead. I really hope those last two don't happen.

In order to keep sane on the wait for this mod, I would like to take a geuss on the released of this mod. Depending on these circumstance it could released either this month or next if they have no problems. If they do have problems it be a 3 months to a year. If they get major problems than it could be more than a year or declared dead. I really hope those last two don't happen.

Well, unless both my external harddrive and Dropbox.com crash at the same time, you can safely count those last two out.

Seriously guys, we're close. We just need more time. On the bright side, the longer we work on it, the better experience you'll have playing it.:)

• Like 1

Or some of us will die before you finish...

Gee, not being ungrateful at all, are you?

No sodding respect for people pouring their free time, out of their own free will, without any paid incentive, to make the gaming experience better for everyone.

• Like 4

Well, unless both my external harddrive and Dropbox.com crash at the same time, you can safely count those last two out.

Seriously guys, we're close. We just need more time. On the bright side, the longer we work on it, the better experience you'll have playing it. :D

Take your time. I am holding off on starting my K1 recording until the the Restoration is finished.

Really, man?! :)

Is the team at the playthrough stage?

We are not at the playthrough stage yet, but we are very close. We got hung up on all of us having end of the year finals in our glasses, plus I graduated high school, so there were several parties to attend...:)

Currently, the work is in my department, as the rest of the team isn't great at scripting(with the exception of Fallen Guardian, who is currently on a school-related trip). As it is, I am steadily plowing through the Pazaak Tournament, and I hope to have it finished shortly. P.S: It might be possible to beat the Pazaak Tournament with the basic starter deck; I'm currently working on proving that theory...

@Fair Strides: To be fair I am pretty decent at scripting just wouldn't know much of what to script for the Pazzak Tourney nor am I on the level of you or FG when it comes to that.  

@Everyone else: It is coming.  There has been a bit of a delay but it is coming, don't worry.  Also I proudly made the decks for the tournament's best players so if you guys lose then you can blame me, just putting that out there.

Sweet! Another update.We now know that the project is not in the playthrough stage yet but near soon. Just waiting for the main scripter to come back. Awesome. How many people do we have to face in the pazaak tournament?

Don't feel pressured, seriously. Guys that never coughed a mod and try to make you go faster do not know what they are talking about :)

Sweet! Another update.We now know that the project is not in the playthrough stage yet but near soon. Just waiting for the main scripter to come back. Awesome. How many people do we have to face in the pazaak tournament?

Well, the basic idea is that you have to first win a few preliminary matches before you're able to face the big players, who are the top five players that placed in the previous year's tournament. So, you have 5 preliminaries, plus 5 good players(ZM made the decks, so blame him, assuming I don't kill him while trying to test the tournament...). It'll be 10 players, but because of the way we have it set up, it'll be anywhere from 15-20 matches of Pazaak, assuming you beat all of the preliminaries...

Also, there is a 500 credit entry fee, but due to the number of people in the tournament(minimum of 41), you will make some serious bank if you get past the first of the Top Five and then lose the tournament, a minimum of 2000 credits. The maximum amount of credits is FAR more than you should ever need.*

*:While testing, I've seen as many as 200 contestants, which would amount to a 100,000 credit pot; if you beat the first of the Top Five, you get 10%, so 10,000 credits...

Also, another reason why testing is so arduous: the GetLastPazaakResult function is tricky, since the Pazaak results aren't saved with the saved game. This means I can't make saves for testing purposes, so I need to either save after the preliminaries, or do them all over again...

All in all, I'd strongly advise being careful about when you save during the tournament; don't save during the Top Five unless you've just beaten one of them and haven't yet faced another.

I'm just interested in the development process. Specifically, scripting and modelling. I am trying to learn but seeing what you guys do is inspiring. Will you guys be releasing the source scripts as well?

Another question with regarding to the development: Does the mod do anything to the appearance.2da or head.2da?

I'm just interested in the development process. Specifically, scripting and modelling. I am trying to learn but seeing what you guys do is inspiring. Will you guys be releasing the source scripts as well?

Another question with regarding to the development: Does the mod do anything to the appearance.2da or head.2da?

I will talk to ZM, but I see no reason why we can't. I'll try to clean up the code for the Pazaak Tourney and add comments, okay?

And yes, the mod does make changes to the appearance.2da and I'm fairly certain also on the heads.2da.

Any news on this beauty?

Slowly, as we got hassled with some computer problems on my end and Fallen Guardian is still on his trip. LDR is free from school now, but there's a big limit on what he can help out with right now, as most of the work is in my area. ZM90 is keeping me on track and helping out with files and Alien VO.

As for me, I have half of the Pazaak Tournament done, just need to finish proofreading and scripting the rest of the Top FIve's dialogue and add a few more sections to the announcer's dialogue, to prevent loopholes and glitches. After that, a final test on the Tourney. Then I get to look into Taris's scripting bugs in the Lower City.

Slowly, as we got hassled with some computer problems on my end and Fallen Guardian is still on his trip. LDR is free from school now, but there's a big limit on what he can help out with right now, as most of the work is in my area. ZM90 is keeping me on track and helping out with files and Alien VO.

As for me, I have half of the Pazaak Tournament done, just need to finish proofreading and scripting the rest of the Top FIve's dialogue and add a few more sections to the announcer's dialogue, to prevent loopholes and glitches. After that, a final test on the Tourney. Then I get to look into Taris's scripting bugs in the Lower City.

Good to know. That Pazaak Tournament thingy sounds great, hope I won't lose as much credits as time on it.

Thank you all for doing this, I have always prefered Bioware's KOTOR