LogicalPanda

No Way to Indicate Destination Folder (1.8.5)

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

On running 'tslrcm185_2020'
2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes
3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam
4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

Yes
5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh install
😎 What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

None
9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

The install wizard of the .exe file does not have an option to select destination folder.  There are the options for installation language, and the component which is also a language. It then begins to install, creating a file called 'lucasarts' under Program Files (x86). However, I have the Steam version, so having it install into program files does not help at all. Dragging the files from the created lucasarts folder into the folder under Steam does not result in an install.
10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes
11) Have you tried using a different save game?

Have not created save
12) Have you tried starting a new game?

Does not apply
13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Win10 Home

2nd.jpg

3rd.jpg

1st.jpg

4th.jpg

I am not 100% sure as I do not use the Steam Version but I believe you are meant to get the version from the Steam Workshop not the installer itself.

Hope this helps.

Thor110

1 hour ago, Thor110 said:

I am not 100% sure as I do not use the Steam Version but I believe you are meant to get the version from the Steam Workshop not the installer itself.

No, one can get whatever they prefer. Steam is easier, but exe is better if you want to use other mods.

Only times it doesn't ask for install directory, that I know of, is if you already had TSLRCM or M4 installed.

As a hack, if you can't uninstall TSLRCM, you could just have it install on C and copy everything it installs to your kotor folder.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zbyl2 said:

No, one can get whatever they prefer. Steam is easier, but exe is better if you want to use other mods.

Only times it doesn't ask for install directory, that I know of, is if you already had TSLRCM or M4 installed.

As a hack, if you can't uninstall TSLRCM, you could just have it install on C and copy everything it installs to your kotor folder.

Ah that's good to know for when I get around to getting it on Steam as well for testing my projects with.

I don't know if this will work with the Steam Version either but I find running the "swupdate.exe" or "swconfig.exe" updates the registry for the game when I have several versions of the game installed for testing purposes.

I avoided dealing with this issue entirely by using the credited version of TSLRCM 1.8.5 on moddb.com, it seems that the installer automatically assumes you have lucasarts folder or creates one and puts the TSLRCM modded files there.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/tslrcm-183 

Ignore the link title claiming its 183, it is 1.8.5.

This version allows you to choose the installation folder and fixes your problem. @LogicalPanda

• Like 2

Thanks @jc2! Worked perfectly. I vaguely remember finding my old SWkotor II disc and trying to install TSLRCM a few years back, and then deleting it. There was probably still some old files or something confusing the installer. 

• Like 1

I have decided to re-upload the credited version back to Deadlysteam as our mod hosting policies have been changed to allow more flexibility in this area. It seems best that a version that can resolve install issues be available here.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:51 AM, jc2 said:

I avoided dealing with this issue entirely by using the credited version of TSLRCM 1.8.5 on moddb.com, it seems that the installer automatically assumes you have lucasarts folder or creates one and puts the TSLRCM modded files there.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/downloads/tslrcm-183 

Ignore the link title claiming its 183, it is 1.8.5.

This version allows you to choose the installation folder and fixes your problem. @LogicalPanda

Ugh, so outdated. Well, time to remove those, I forgotten all about them...

On 12/8/2020 at 11:28 PM, Hassat Hunter said:

Ugh, so outdated. Well, time to remove those, I forgotten all about them...

so now that you have removed that option. it brings up the original issue. how do we install the latest version of the mod for steam now that it wont let us select a directory?

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

Ah, stewardship.

How's it going Denethor?

(I initially typed Denethot, which is much funnier)

Uninstall it (either an included uninstaller or via the Control Panel). Their installer sets a registry key for the initial destination you choose, and future installations will reuse that without asking unless you run the uninstaller.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 2:53 AM, DarthParametric said:

Uninstall it (either an included uninstaller or via the Control Panel). Their installer sets a registry key for the initial destination you choose, and future installations will reuse that without asking unless you run the uninstaller.

Thanks was wondering why 1.8.6 installed on my retail version and not steam

now if only I could get question answered