Greetings, and Happy Holidays, fellow Jedi! :cheers:

I have a question which -

• There is a custom module [B] which is copy-paste from vanilla [A], and the only difference is the skyboxes texture it uses [and that I assume no alternatives other than to make a custom module it based on]. I wanted the PC to warp to B from [C] -which is a custom module also- but upon arriving, the NPC placement is different from A and looks like it's having different state of boolean too. Can anyone help me with guessing what could be wrong or missing to make it work as expected?
  • The procedure of warping should be something like this: A --> C --> B

Much thanks for considering this.

You'd need a custom skybox model, but otherwise that's just a LYT edit that uses the Module A layout for everything else. As to NPC placement, that's just GIT editing. You can see exactly this sort of thing being used in the vanilla games where they use stunt modules that are just reused bits of full modules.

22 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...need a custom skybox model, but otherwise that's just a LYT edit that uses the Module A layout for everything else.

I have tackled that [and thought if there's any script function to change the LYT/model reference? That'd be wondrous], the problem is this -

22 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

As to NPC placement, that's just GIT editing. You can see exactly this sort of thing being used in the vanilla games where they use stunt modules that are just reused bits of full modules.

I don't know, I expected the way the NPC placed in B should be like it had to with A, just before entering C. I thought the game did it dynamically[?], or should I have a SAV edit having a copy of A's SAV as B's in the first place. Will try though. 🤔

24 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...animate the skybox change, which would let you do it all in the same module.

That sounds promising! So I looked at K1CP's k_pebn_remove which is Ebon Hawk - Unknown World crash-landing module's OnEnter, and saw this -

PlayRoomAnimation("m12aa_01q", 7);

and it looked like something that I'd need in conjunction with conditionals. Is that the right script to use with? And if I'm about to do that, would it be as simple-as-it-looks by changing the string SRoom with the custom skyboxes model?

The Ebon Hawk pretty much does what you are talking about. It swaps out the current skybox mesh based on what planet you are on. It's usually handled by globals (K_CURRENT_PLANET I think), but in the case of the landing on Lehon they use a separate module, so it's pretty simple. Looking at the regular (ebo_m12aa) Hawk's OnEnter, k_pebo_skybox, would be more informative. Or actually, since it is literally just

#include "k_inc_stunt"

void main() {
	ST_SetEbonHawkSkyBox();
}

looking at ST_SetEbonHawkSkyBox in k_inc_stunt should give you a guideline to follow.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

The Ebon Hawk pretty much does what you are talking about. ...looking at ST_SetEbonHawkSkyBox in k_inc_stunt should give you a guideline to follow.

Thank you much for the insights! Appreciated by a lot. Looking very forwards to make it useful. :cheers: