Pwener

Greetings Earthlings

Greetings people of Deadlystream. I have been downloading from here for almost two years. Ever since I started looking for K1 mods after playing the game first time on Android. I would not have made an account but I have some basic original content that I felt I should put out there.

I mostly enjoy downloading mods and improving them (fixing text, polishing stats for balance) but like I said, I've also made some original content and thought it was high time I put some out there.

Hope to interact with you all.

1 minute ago, Mutilator57 said:

Hello! Nice username btw lol

I've heard people try to pronounce it and it seems everyone says it differently.

12 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

tPUqg1Q.gif

Welcome to the dark side now that you're chatting! (Cookies are on the table, BTW.)

Good thing I'm a dirty Empire sympathizer then. Also, I would like to know one thing. You might not be the right person to ask but maybe you can point me in the right direction.

As I mentioned above, I like improving the quality of mods I use. So is it a no-no or a grey area if someone were to upload fixed/improved aspects of someone else's mod?

For example; The Exar Kun's Tomb mod is very well designed and script-wise is flawless but is dragged down by some of the worst broken english I've ever read. I take pride in the written word and extracted the dialog files from the module and fixed them for myself.

Is there a possibility I could upload said dialog files alone as "bug fixes" and link to the mod itself or would that be impossible?

2 minutes ago, Pwener said:

Thank you for the reply. It seems like a loss not to upload fixed files for someone else's mods while linking to the necessary complete mod but trust that I will respect the rules.

That's the general rule. Unless I'm very wrong,  if you get an author's permission, it's a different story.

2 minutes ago, Mutilator57 said:

if you get an author's permission, it's a different story.

Yeah but I'm too lazy to even do that hehehe.

• Haha 1

Welcome to DS!

I'll try my hand at this. Pwen like gwen but with a p, and er like greener. Pwener. 

You might check the readme's some authors give permission to edit/update their mods. 

2 hours ago, jc2 said:

Welcome to DS!

I'll try my hand at this. Pwen like gwen but with a p, and er like greener. Pwener.

That's how I say it, yeah. But everyone's accent is different and sometimes pronounce things differently. Also, thanks for the warm welcome.

Edited by Pwener
Didn't mean to quote everything.