Stormie97

Stormie's new/ported models

The boxes are the constraints for each vertex with a weight greater than zero. You're best to switch to the "scaled by weight" option.

K1_Juhani_Hair_Danglymesh_TH.jpg

You can select a vert or group of verts and hit the "read values" button to see what their individual weights are. You can also weight selected verts with the options in the top half of the tool's panel (the options are similar to skin weights, either relative or absolute).

As you can see, only the lower two rows of verts in her topknot have any weighting, so it's almost imperceptible in-game. I would guess that was done to prevent clipping into the back of her head/neck, since there is no collision. With your more vertical hair mesh, you could have more of it with weighting, just probably reduced in magnitude (or dial down the global Flex value in the modifier's base settings) since it is much closer to the back of the head.

7 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

The boxes are the constraints for each vertex with a weight greater than zero. You're best to switch to the "scaled by weight" option.

You can select a vert or group of verts and hit the "read values" button to see what their individual weights are. You can also weight selected verts with the options in the top half of the tool's panel (the options are similar to skin weights, either relative or absolute).

As you can see, only the lower two rows of verts in her topknot have any weighting, so it's almost imperceptible in-game. I would guess that was done to prevent clipping into the back of her head/neck, since there is no collision. With your more vertical hair mesh, you could have more of it with weighting, just probably reduced in magnitude (or dial down the global Flex value in the modifier's base settings) since it is much closer to the back of the head.

Wonderful, thank you. I managed to get it to look good. I'll tweak it further when I get to the skinning of the head.

Just be aware that only Trimeshes can be Danglymeshes, not skinned meshes.  If it is currently part of the head you'll need to split it out to a separate mesh.

4 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Just be aware that only Trimeshes can be Danglymeshes, not skinned meshes.  If it is currently part of the head you'll need to split it out to a separate mesh.

Good to know. It is just a trimesh though. The head still follows the exact same structure as the original.