ebmar

[Request] Hi-poly L_commF and L_commM

Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope y'all doing fine. :cheers:

It's me again; try to get the stream goin', lol- pardon my curiousness.

This one is a request rather than a question which is:

• I would like to request an attached version of commoner's head model to commoner's body model so it'd be an type model, and then the model be renamed to l_commM for "Sitting Commoner's Male" and l_commF for "Sitting Commoner's Female".

On my attempt, it actually is possible to make two low-poly commoner's that were playing Pazaak in Taris' cantina to uses hi-poly model [N_CommM/N_CommF] but on my end they lost their head as only the body model that was applied.

I have no specific preference of which heads on this request [but low-key hoping at least or 3 Comm's heads be fulfilled 😂].

I believe it'd be an unique addition to K1; particularly- as it'd complete one aspect of the game. I think TSL uses UTC/script? as their sitt-comms are interactive, and I can't find any instance of them inside its placeables.2da.

Many thanks for considering this!

18 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Does the Lite Upgrader mod not already do this?

Spoiler

As I'm using the mod in my playthrough; I'm certain that it wasn't covered.

The model is going to be used in placeables.2da, and I suppose it must be a one integrated model [such as C_xx based] to be effective. And it seems there is no link-up between appearance.2da and placeables.2da.

Ah yeah, I forgot about the placeables. Yeah they will require a full body model. Not too difficult, it's a simple bit of surgery in Max. But adding additional entries is not practical given the placeables.2da row limit bug.

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

But adding additional entries is not practical given the placeables.2da row limit bug.

I am certain an additional entries wouldn't be necessary; simply replacing the existent "l_commM" and "l_commF" will dodge two bullets there. 😁

Here, try this:

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/k1/[K1]_Lite_Commoner_Placeables_Replacement.7z

Before

K1_Lite_Commoner_Placeables_Before_TH.jp

After

K1_Lite_Commoner_Placeables_After_TH.jpg

You can change the body textures to one of the other variants by editing the ASCIIs and recompiling, or you can import them into Max/GMax and swap out the heads for different ones. Of course the real issue is that, being placeables, they can't equip the Pazaak card item. I think the proper solution for that is swapping them for real NPCs with stunt animations. That would also free you up to use whatever appearance.2da row you wanted. So you could diversify them a bit with aliens and so forth.

• Like 1