VarsityPuppet

2DA Editor Alpha Release

I have created a new 2DA editor that should be a little more user friendly than the standard Kotor Tool one.

Current Features:

• It's got copying and pasting
  • It's got filtering (yes, please try it)
  • Some other third thing

Features to come:

• Error logs (this is helpful for me)
  • Row templates
  • Multiple tabs

Please download, use a it a bit and report bugs, suggest features. All that fun stuff

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 2

Very curious and excited to get my hands on this tool, but the download is broken :( 

Also-

44 minutes ago, VarsityPuppet said:

Some other third thing

y u do dis

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, eNoodles said:

Very curious and excited to get my hands on this tool, but the download is broken :( 

Also-

Could you tell me more about how it's broken? Is the link bad? Is the download itself bad?

y u do dis

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, VarsityPuppet said:

Could you tell me more about how it's broken? Is the link bad? Is the download itself bad?

637866184_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.f425b80d4a485a6e01329b23b1c1c792.png

So, after selecting a .2da to open, I get this and nothing happens anymore (at least not after 10mins):
KXObY4u.png

Running on Win10 64bit.

• Thanks 1

Looking great VP! I love the filter/search.

However, I got an exception when I wanted to search for **** (it's in French, sorry):
ngMzBpp.png

Also when you copy and paste a row, **** pastes as an empty string.

Another remark is that when you make a new row, its index is -1 until you move to another row. As long as it has -1 it also appears in the filtered result even if it doesn't contain the searched string. Is this just a quirk because it would take a lot of code to fix it or does it have a purpose?

There's also a grayed out Add Template option when I right click on a row, what's that about?

Anyway, it's fast, functional and looks great! :thumbsup: Kudos VP!

On 8/16/2018 at 8:11 PM, VarsityPuppet said:

I have created a new 2DA editor that should be a little more user friendly than the standard Kotor Tool one.

Hah! I have been using it for the past 14/15 days odd and just thought it was part of kotor tool, downloaded a lot of tools though, but it's a really useful tool, definitely a staple I have had no issues with so far, I have already used it for editing the "ambientmusic.2da & planetary.2da" files for my mod.

Thor110

Note : Now I think about it if you add a new entry when a current entry is not selected it pops an error or has done a few times for me ( I have not since repeated the test as this is from memory )

Edited by Thor110
Update.