ebmar

[Question] "Unique" Helmless Mandalorian Armour?

Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope you all doing fine. :cheers:

I'm currently messing around with the model from Canderous' Mandalorian Clothes, which is the modification to make a full suit Mandalorian armour to a helmless one. The issue I have; in conjunction with Bendak Starkiller Emblem Armour, I combined these two mods in my playthrough to have the helmless armour as the reward for defeating Bendak. The appearance of Bendak working as intended; aside with an issue which everytime leaving the cantina and/or saving-and-loading after speaking with him does remove the custom mask attached to him. :fpc:

• Preview of that issue:
Spoiler

2007819144_BendakMaskBug.png.aae71eb2bfed6e9c91c7e948d9a5fc48.png

That is a side issue [bug?] I'm having. The focal point of this thread is; could it be possible to make this model unique as a custom item?

• I found that one of the properties inside the UTI set as "Disguise". The problem obviously occurred when the said item was later acquired and then equipped, the appearance of the wearer for example; Carth, was disguised as the helmless Bendak. It does make sense with the full suit version, as the original mod point the appearance of Bendak using the N_Mandalorian model, on my end I'm pointing it to the helmless model. I am certain it is possible to rework the UTI again using a different instance of 2DAMEMORY but I believe that would only give me a full suit version.
  • It is obvious that I'm not going to change name of the model to N_Mandalorian because I don't want other Mandalorians to be helmless, or worst; headless.

I have spend hours trying to figure this out but it seems I'm on a dead-end. Any constructive feedback regarding this matter are very-very much appreciated.

With respect and all the best,

-eb

All a disguise does is point to a specific appearance.2da row. This completely replaces the appearance of the creature it is equipped on. This means it will use whatever appearance is dictated by that appearance row, including the head. So if the armour in question specified a Duros head, then when Carth equipped it he would have a Duros head. There's no easy way to dynamically assign a creature's normal head, outside of ridiculously impractical scripting such as JCarter outlined in the Republic armour thread. Either you have your disguise use a full helmeted head, or you create separate unique appearance rows for every single player and companion head, each of which requires its own matching UTI. You then have to have the player manually pick out the right UTI, or you use scripting to provide the correct one based on a script function to check the player's current appearance. The former is what I did for the TSL Jolee outfit, the latter for the hoodless/maskless Revan robes. Either way you are going to be making like 40 UTIs and appearance.2da rows. And that only accounts for vanilla appearances. That method has no provision for dealing with 3rd party custom heads.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

All a disguise does is point to a specific appearance.2da row. This completely replaces the appearance of the creature it is equipped on.

Yes, I have slowly figured this out while ago. I thought there's still a possibility to, for example; adding variables such as "PMBHL34.mdl/mdx", like it does with blasters and blades to specifically made change to the particular item but it seems that will not working.

... the latter for the hoodless/maskless Revan robes.

Yes! Thanks for pointing that out! Yup, it's pretty much the same attempt. But you nailed it, hahah! :cheers:

Either way you are going to be making like 40 UTIs and appearance.2da rows. And that only accounts for vanilla appearances. That method has no provision for dealing with 3rd party custom heads.

Oh no. I think I'm not ready to get into those trouble for now. :sofa: