Sign in to follow this  
Talyn82

K1 Keep failing persuasion despite skill rank.

Hi, I never posted here but am having a problem.  I am playing a lightly modded game of K1.  Mainly skins installed.  I am a Soldier currently on Taris and when I try to persuade npc's like Selka or Dia, I keep failing despite my persuasion rank.  My initial Charisma is at 12 and my Persuasion skill level is at 3.  I don't know what's wrong?  I've never had this problem before.  Is it because I only have 12 in Charisma?

1 hour ago, Talyn82 said:

Hi, I never posted here but am having a problem.  I am playing a lightly modded game of K1.  Mainly skins installed.  I am a Soldier currently on Taris and when I try to persuade npc's like Selka or Dia, I keep failing despite my persuasion rank.  My initial Charisma is at 12 and my Persuasion skill level is at 3.  I don't know what's wrong?  I've never had this problem before.  Is it because I only have 12 in Charisma?

Attributes in Kotor work like this:

10=+0

12=+1

14=+2

16=+3

18=+4

20=+5

As you are referring to Charisma a 12 in Charisma equals a +1 in persuade meaning you only have 4 points of persuade. That would be your problem, my advice, make persuade your highest skill your character has and/or levelling up a lot and don't do those persuades until you are levelled up (Maybe do it after you recruit Bastila). 

7 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Attributes in Kotor work like this:

10=+0

12=+1

14=+2

16=+3

18=+4

20=+5

As you are referring to Charisma a 12 in Charisma equals a +1 in persuade meaning you only have 4 points of persuade. That would be your problem, my advice, make persuade your highest skill your character has and/or levelling up a lot and don't do those persuades until you are levelled up (Maybe do it after you recruit Bastila). 

Thank you for the clarification.  I figured it had something to do with my Charisma score.

I lowered the Intelligence score to 12 and raised the charisma score to 14 with KSE (got tired of restarting the game.).  But I am still having the same problem.  It must be a mod but I don't know which one since I installed mainly skins.   No problem though I will uninstall the game and reinstall at a later date.  I did play the game a whole bunch of times when the game was first released for Xbox.  At least TSL is working fine as far as I know.  Haven't beaten that game with the TSLRCM mod yet.

9 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Would you mind listing your mods for K1?

Sure I use a mixture of current and old mods from old sites like PCGameMods and the old Lucasforums.

Movie Style Dark Transitions

Bendak Starkiller Armor

Helena Shan Improvement

Misssion HD

Zaalbar HD

An old retex mod by  Shem that retextures the Sith.  I am only using the Malak reskin.

Calo Nord HD

HD Yuthura Ban

HD Twilek Female

An old Imperial Officer retex mod by Prime.

Master Uthar Revisited

Quanon's Carth Onasi

Quanon's HK-47

Quanon's Canderous Ordo

Quanon's T3M4 reskin

Revan Dark Lord retex

High Quality Blasters

JC's Lightsaber Visual Effects for K1

K1 Prequel Robes

Revan's Cape Fix

Vibroblade and Vibrodouble replacement

K1 Revan's Hoodless Maskless Flowing Robes

[K1/TSL] Hi-Res Beam Effects 2.0

High Quality Cockpit Skyboxes

Endar Spire Complete Overhaul

Maanan Complete Overhaul

Sith Base Complete Overhaul

Ebon Hawk K1 Fixes

Ebon Hawk Textures

Holocron Icon Replacement

K1 Player Character Height Adjustment

K1 HD Stars and Nebulas

Visual Effects K1

Mandalorian Plot Item and Armor Fix

Bastila Romance

Choke Sassy Sith

Deadeye Duncan on Maanan

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention I am using the GoG version.  The game use to run fine as far as I know.

Edited by Talyn82

Your success is normally determined by a ratio = total Persuade rank / (level + 5), and whether the Persuade check is Easy, Medium or Hard: check the table in the Persuade section of StrategyWiki's Skills page to see how successful you should expect to be based on your total Persuade rank and level.

If your total Persuade rank is 3, or 4 with 12 Charisma (+1), then you most likely only have 50% chance of Easy, 25% chance of Medium and 0% chance of Hard Persuade checks succeeding. Dia in the South Apartments has an Easy check, while Zelka Forn in the Upper City South has two that always succeed, one Easy, two Medium and one that never succeeds ("If you know something, you better tell me - unless you'd rather talk to the Sith!").

8 hours ago, onderduiker said:

Your success is normally determined by a ratio = total Persuade rank / (level + 5), and whether the Persuade check is Easy, Medium or Hard: check the table in the Persuade section of StrategyWiki's Skills page to see how successful you should expect to be based on your total Persuade rank and level.

If your total Persuade rank is 3, or 4 with 12 Charisma (+1), then you most likely only have 50% chance of Easy, 25% chance of Medium and 0% chance of Hard Persuade checks succeeding. Dia in the South Apartments has an Easy check, while Zelka Forn in the Upper City South has two that always succeed, one Easy, two Medium and one that never succeeds ("If you know something, you better tell me - unless you'd rather talk to the Sith!").

Thank you for the reply and information.  Also thank you for the link.   But I find it odd.  I've been playing this game since it was first released on Xbox, and on PC for the last five or six years both vanilla and modded, and I always play Soldier/Guardian with at least 2 points in Persuade and 14 in CHA at the start, and I've never had this problem. I usually never had a problem persuading anyone on Taris.   I know it's not it's not a problem because I bought through GoG, cause it always worked.  I have 3 versions GoG, Steam, and Retail and they've all worked in the past.   This is perplexing me.  I'll just uninstall and reinstall.  I am replaying KOTOR II in the mean time.  And even though K2 is my favorite of the bunch, I miss the companions from the first game like Mission.  Maybe just maybe it is a mod I forgot I installed and is not on the list above?

Edited by Talyn82