Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
57 minutes ago, Gibbz said:

You're referring to something like this

I haven't watched it, but judging from the thumbnail, probably.

In specific regards to TOR models, expanding on what I said above you'll need to scale them by around 8 to 9x, depending on the target you're trying to match and rotate 180°. But the two big things are reposing the legs and arms, and adjusting the limb (specifically forearm) lengths. I usually found it was easier to just lop off the TOR hands/gloves and utilise vanilla KOTOR hands rather than try and reposition them. But that will probably vary a bit depending on the specifics of the source model and what rig you're targeting it to. As far as remapping skin weights goes, TOR heads use a lot more face bones, so those need to be condensed down to the nearest KOTOR equivalents. 

image.png.94afc86ad0eb476cae3aa648b48166a5.png

Posted
9 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

I usually found it was easier to just lop off the TOR hands/gloves and utilise vanilla KOTOR hands rather than try and reposition them

Thanks for the tip.

9 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

TOR heads use a lot more face bones, so those need to be condensed down to the nearest KOTOR equivalents

I'm not going to mess with the heads, just going to stick with the vanilla KOTOR heads for now. At most, I'm only working on the parts from the neck down (depending on the armor model). I was only planning to do like a test run for something like adding/replacing custom armors. See how it would look like in the game, if the KOTOR animations mesh well, etc. Then, see where it goes from there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.