Xuul

Let's Play SWTOR Together?

I really haven't played SWTOR since release. During a recent livestream, a few of my viewers suggested that I try playing it again. I thought it would be fun to do as a livestream thing since I actually have a reliable setup now.

So I wanted to see if anyone was interested in joining us on our adventure. 

Questions I have from people who actually play SWTOR.

What class / faction / server should I play?

Anything I need to know/ do?

Do I need to have a subscription to make this viable?

Let me know if you think this is a good idea and if you want to join me. I don't have a time set up yet, so that is something to discuss too.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should pick a character class that you wouldn't ordinarily pick to.expand your comfort zone. My main character is a Jedi Consular healer so perhaps try a character that complements that?

I will get back to you with my server as I can not recall it right now.

You don't need to be a sub just to do the class stories, planet side-quests, and the 1-50 Flashpoints. If you are in a group, even as F2P it should be pretty straightforward with all the balance changes made since launch. Your big limitation would be the number of character slots. As a former sub you'll be classed as preferred, so you get a few more slots than base level F2P. Whether you have any slots free to create new characters will depend on how many you have on that server from launch. Without a sub PVP and Operations are probably out.

I'm not actively playing at the moment, but I have a bunch of characters on the Satele Shan server, which is all that remains post-server merge of the old west coast servers (even though now it is physically on the east coast). I have no interest in PVP or Flashpoints/Operations and I have no headset if you are looking for that sort of interaction (plus my connection is too terrible to cope with that stuff), but I don't mind dusting off one of my characters to help someone run through class stories. One of the best things they did for group play is the level scaling that allows a max level character to play with low level characters. I wish they had that at launch.

That aside, my 2c regarding faction/class would be Empire and Sith Warrior (Dark Side, naturally). Everyone seems to love Imperial Agent, so you probably can't go wrong there for video content. If you prefer the Republic, Smuggler is great for a laugh if you play a man-whore, so that again might be a good choice if the goal is video content.

Edit: I think SH and most of the other denizens hereabouts are on the east cost server, Star Forge?

Edit 2: Oh yeah, I just remembered one thing that really does suck about the F2P limitations - the locked quickbars. Did you ever attach a security key to your account? If you had one back at launch you'll have a bunch of Cartel Coins (currency for in the in-game cash shop). You get 100 coins each month for that. You could use that to buy some unlocks, like the quickbars, to make your experience less terrible.

Yep, I am on Star Forge.  I believe I have all the craft skills maxed out so I should be able to hook you up with some stuff.

I'm on the Ebon Hawk server I believe. Don't let that sway your choice on which server to join. Would be great to do a few flashpoints, but not if we have to transfer characters all over the place

Though having folks jump into your games help you level your characters and you (possibly) doing Flashpoints/Operations is cool, I have an additional (weird) suggestion to add: how about doing reviews of Deadly Stream's (and Reddit's) members' Strongholds?  You could walk around and comment on what you see and the person that made it can give their reasons why they picked out each major item and why they placed that stuff where it is.

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Though having folks jump into your games help you level your characters and you (possibly) doing Flashpoints/Operations is cool, I have an additional (weird) suggestion to add: how about doing reviews of Deadly Stream's (and Reddit's) members' Strongholds?  You could walk around and comment on what you see and the person that made it can give their reasons why they picked out each major item and why they placed that stuff where it is.

Because it filled up a slot and I was gunning for Max Conquest Bonus at the time, that's why.

3 hours ago, VarsityPuppet said:

I'm on the Ebon Hawk server I believe.

Which has been transferred into Star Forge, which is where I am as well. Primarily running Operations, but do sometimes get the urge to play back through the story (probably won't happen for a while, as I recently went through all the story in SWTOR for a stream marathon that lasted seven months).

4 minutes ago, DarthTyren said:

Because it filled up a slot and I was gunning for Max Conquest Bonus at the time, that's why.

It's too bad that you didn't have a little more pride in it.  Oh well.

Just now, Sith Holocron said:

It's too bad that you didn't have a little more pride in it.  Oh well.

I suppose I could have gone to the market and bought some awesome decorations for my strongholds. Do you think that would make me feel a little more accomplished (see what I did there)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Star Forge might be the place to go then, seeing as it is the server that holds my old characters atm

• Like 1