knitewingtherevanchist

Can someone please make some Clone Wars or Rebels mods

On 9/21/2020 at 3:16 PM, Effix said:

Update

FmfYuiU.jpg

I added some metallic reflection.
I tweaked the helmet a bit, mainly made the visor more black.
I worked on the 2nd blaster, there's a part on the top that I'm not sure what to add to because I couldn't find decent reference images.

I ran into some issues:

19ry4WL.jpg

Mira is wearing the helmet in the screenshot above, her hair is coming through. Probably something that's not easy to fix, the helmet is already quite large. The Handmaiden is in the 1st screenshot.
Left image, bottom arrow: there's a streak of pink here, not sure where it's coming from, it's not in that place in the texture.
Middle image: that's the top part of the blaster that's a bit empty.
Right image: I wanted to keep that part a light metal, but it seems a part from the dark part of the handle is being applied to it and it ends in a diagonal non symmetrical way. The other model/blaster has a similar issue.

The way the blasters are held is not great, but that also goes for a lot of vanilla things.

I'm attaching all the files (including .psd) you would need to continue (or, feel free to just play with it). I hope someone can carry the torch.

TSL_Sabine_Wren_Helmet_Blasters.zip 14.72 MB · 3 downloads

I've been going over the model to fix the problems, and what's odd is that the issue you see in the Left Image Bottom Arrow isn't showing up like that when I open the model in Blender. I can only assume that something went wrong with the conversion to MDL. Sadly, I can't test anything in game since for whatever ridiculous reason, cheats aren't working even while I have them enabled in the Swkotor2.ini. Is there any way to get them in the game without cheats?

17 hours ago, Malkior said:

I've been going over the model to fix the problems, and what's odd is that the issue you see in the Left Image Bottom Arrow isn't showing up like that when I open the model in Blender. I can only assume that something went wrong with the conversion to MDL. Sadly, I can't test anything in game since for whatever ridiculous reason, cheats aren't working even while I have them enabled in the Swkotor2.ini. Is there any way to get them in the game without cheats?

Try my save

000626 - Game625.zip

Looks good so far. Oddly enough, I don't have the same issues on the back as yours, but the scaling is still too small. image.png

As per the previous report, my game is also crashing after about 10 seconds. At this point, I think there might be some sort of difference in the actual model conversion or even possibly a difference in Operating Systems. I have Windows 10 64bit running on my machine, are you using something different that could account for the UVW map error on the rear of your helmet model? It's also possible that the game version might be having an effect. Mine is the 4 disk copy I bought a long time ago.

It's still quite odd that one would have a graphical error and not crash while the other would have no errors yet crash.

1 minute ago, Malkior said:

Looks good so far. Oddly enough, I don't have the same issues on the back as yours, but the scaling is still too small. image.png

As per the previous report, my game is also crashing after about 10 seconds. At this point, I think there might be some sort of difference in the actual model conversion or even possibly a difference in Operating Systems. I have Windows 10 64bit running on my machine, are you using something different that could account for the UVW map error on the rear of your helmet model? It's also possible that the game version might be having an effect. Mine is the 4 disk copy I bought a long time ago.

It's still quite odd that one would have a graphical error and not crash while the other would have no errors yet crash.

My operating system is a Windows 10 64-bit laptop from Lenovo. 

I'm also on Win 10 64bit, but with the Steam version.
Not instantly crashing but after 10 sec. sounds really odd to me.
I doubt the textures can cause a crash, so.. the model?

Edit: ok, weird.. now I also don't have that artifact on the back and I also crash after I equip things on the Handmaiden.

40 minutes ago, Effix said:

I'm also on Win 10 64bit, but with the Steam version.
Not instantly crashing but after 10 sec. sounds really odd to me.
I doubt the textures can cause a crash, so.. the model?

Edit: ok, weird.. now I also don't have that artifact on the back and I also crash after I equip things on the Handmaiden.

I also have the steam version and it crashes whenever I try to equipt it with Meetra Surik and I don't know where to find it without cheats.

39 minutes ago, matthewdontshare@gma said:

When I cheated them in it just gave me detonators with no description or name. Are the cheats the same as before or are they different now?

The same. It's always giveitem [name of .uti file]:
giveitem g_i_mask113
giveitem w_blaste_113
giveitem w_blaste_114

Worked perfectly. No crash and I found it fits the Handmaiden with no issues. image.png

I'd like to change the Specular Map to be a bit less aggressive, but I was also thinking about possibly doing some texture work on the Sabine Armor as well. Do you happen to have the armor model (Hopefully with its textures) handy?

9 hours ago, Malkior said:

I'd like to change the Specular Map to be a bit less aggressive, but I was also thinking about possibly doing some texture work on the Sabine Armor as well. Do you happen to have the armor model (Hopefully with its textures) handy?

No armor has been made, the one in my screenshots is a vanilla armor. You could make a retextured variation of one.

image.png

image.png

Here's something I mocked up using the Mandalorian Heavy Armor. In order to get it screen accurate, though I would need the whole thing Re-Unwrapped since the fine folks in the Rebels team decided to make the pattern Asymmetrical.. The arms are also painted skin-colored, which I kind of did to match the design, but I may have to change it unless there's a way to make the Armor change with each race. (Also I haven't touched the male armor yet, unless anyone was interested in such an option ;) )

37 minutes ago, Malkior said:

unless there's a way to make the Armor change with each race

The only way that would work would be to be have separate racial texture assignments for that model in appearance.2da. That would mean you'd need to duplicate the vanilla textures for the other variants of that armour to match the new naming convention. But if you change the UVs you'd have to remap all those textures anyway, so it's really not that big a deal.