Rekov

Question about converting .tpc to .tga

I hope this is the right place to ask such a question. I am trying to become familiar with Kotor Tool. I have the boxed checked for "Always convert TPC files to TGA upon extract," but the problem I'm having is that it only actually seems to do this when I extract TPC files one at a time.

Is there any way that I can extract a whole erf of TPC files as TGA at once, or convert TPC files to TGA afterwards?

I am trying to make a mod similar to the ones that prevent dark side decay from appearing on your PC, but where the early stages still happen, just not the final super wrinkly one. My current understanding is that I simply need to put files for the final darkside appearance into the override that look like the next step up.

EDIT: Reading a guide on Module Reskinning seems to suggest that I should be able to select multiple files for extraction in Kotor Tool. I only seem to be able to extract one file at a time, or the whole erf/bif.

KotOR Tool can convert and extra multiple models and will optionally extract the textures used by the models, but for what you want, that isn't a possibility.

TPC_to_TGA.7z

However, extract the entire ERF file, erase all the textures you don't want, and then use the .exe file in here.

KotOR Tool can convert and extra multiple models and will optionally extract the textures used by the models, but for what you want, that isn't a possibility.

attachicon.gif TPC_to_TGA.7z

However, extract the entire ERF file, erase all the textures you don't want, and then use the .exe file in here.

I need this program, FS. Could you either send it to me or upload it to the site permanently?

You can use xoreostex2tga from Xoreos Tools for this. Create a batch file like this:

@echo off
Echo Converting all TPC files in current directory to TGA
Echo using Xoreos Tools' xoreostex2tga
for %%F in (*.tpc) do xoreostex2tga --tpc %%~nF.tpc %%~nF.tga
pause
That will convert all the TPCs in the same folder.

Convert with what?

TPCView converts them without complaint. You shouldn't be using anything else for conversions since that released. And in this instance, you shouldn't be converting at all, since @JCarter426 provides the source in the modder's resource file. If that hasn't been updated yet, then just give him a nudge.

Oh I was using xoreostex2tga, actually.

I only used TCPView for... viewing the file since it didn't seem to me it was possible to export them too.

Only now do I read it is possible although the system to do it is quite counterintuitive.