Sign in to follow this  
Drayx

Gelrood, the Pazaak player

Hey everyone,

On my latest playthrough I decided to play Pazaak with the players I encountered in the game - previously I just played niklos once a twice, got bored of it and moved onto the rest of the game.
This time, I beat Niklos five times in a row and I realized he didn't want to play with me anymore. At first I believed Pazaak players would play an infinite number of games to allow you to farm gold if needed, but this made me think otherwise.
So, I tried to clean up the next pazaak player - Gelrood, in Lower City.
I've been searching quite a bit about him - no one seems to agree about whether he plays an infinite number of games, 17 or 28 net wins.
So, I played him. I've lost track of the number of games, but I know I had around 1150 creds before playing him, and almost 3000 after - which tells me I won about 45 games against him. 
Anyone knows for sure he can be played as long as we want ? If not what's the limit ? 
I don't think it changes anything but I used K1R in this playthrough. 

I can't swear he's 'infinite', since obviously I never played that many, nor have I poked around to check how he's set up in the files.

I don't ever remember finding a limit with him though, so my best guess would be that he's probably set up as infinitely playable.

IIRC, you can also play infinite games against Kudos on Tatooine who will bet 75 for so many games, then 200, and finally 50 for any games after that point, as well as Toll Apkar on Korriban for 100 per game. Anyone else either won't play for money (like say Mission) or will eventually stop playing.

I read about those, but since on this playthrough I wanted to buy a few expensive items I saw in previous runs but didn't buy because I didn't need them at all costs - and on my previous playthroughs by the time I was on the Star Forge I was sitting at about 60~70k creds.
I also found another pazaak player in the K1R added level of the vulkar base, he plays only for five creds at a time so I won't bother trying him, but I'd be surprised if you could play him at will - even though he is really beaten very easily (unlike Gelrood which gave me a bit of a hard time on quite a few games).
Anyway, thanks for the answer :)

I read about those, but since on this playthrough I wanted to buy a few expensive items I saw in previous runs but didn't buy because I didn't need them at all costs - and on my previous playthroughs by the time I was on the Star Forge I was sitting at about 60~70k creds.

I didn't quite understand this, but are you saying you want to get more money?

If so, if you sell all of your stuff to Suvam Tan on Yavin and to nobody else, you will end up with a lot more money.

Gelrood's dialog file has no entries for him giving up or running out of credits, so it's safe to say you can play him an infinite amount of times.

However, the fastest way to make credits in KotOR isn't going to be playing Pazaak for 40 credits per game. The best way to make money in KotOR is killing the desert wraids on Tatooine. Killing four of them yields 240 credits when selling their skulls to Suvam Tam, and then spawn an infinite number of times. Also, it's a more certain thing rather than the gamble that pazaak is.

I thought the best way to make money in Kotor was to play Pazaak with Suvam Tam. Isn't his max 750 credits per game?

I thought the best way to make money in Kotor was to play Pazaak with Suvam Tam. Isn't his max 750 credits per game?

Yes, his max is 750 credits, but this runs out after 8-10 games. No doubt a good source of income, but the Desert Wraids will spawn infinitely, which equals unlimited income.

That's also an excellent way to lose money, due to the somewhat luck-based nature of the game.

Yeah acquire some desert wraid currency and sell off your enormous inventory at the end so you can acquire the premium items.

• Like 1

That's also an excellent way to lose money, due to the somewhat luck-based nature of the game.

Not if you quicksave...

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies :)
I will just go for the desert wraid skull farming to make those creds.

Remember to sell everything to Savum (racer bonds especially) since he offers way more money than anyone else.

Niklos quits after only 5 wins against him for character reasons - he's supposed to be a crooked card sharp, so he stops when your character proves to not be an easy mark.

After you beat Niklos the girl standing next to him will want you to give her 20 credits for a special drink for the two of you. If you give her the money though, she just walks into the bar area and starts talking and eventually leaves with a Tarisian noble and acts like she doesn't know you.