Since many players (I used to be one of them as well) have difficulty with triggering Juhani’s romance, notably the final romance conversation, and I couldn’t find a solid and detailed guide for Juhani’s romance anywhere, recently I’ve been doing a lot of research and investigation by using KotOR Tool to examine the game files relating to Juhani’s conversations as well as KotOR SaveGame Editor (KSE) to compare my save files to find out if there’s a definite way to trigger Juhani’s romance. As a result, I finally figured it out and succeed in completing Juhani’s romance in my latest KotOR playthrough!

Therefore, I’ve also written a Juhani Romance Guide, including details on how to advance Juhani’s conversations that will lead to the final romance conversation, links to YouTube videos of the individual conversations and mod recommendations.

Edited by Leilukin
Changed the link to my full guide from Google Docs to my personal website
  • Like 3

Great guide and thanks for mentioning my mod :)

One thing you might want to add (although it's pretty obvious) is that you have to be nice to Juhani or the global T_JUHANIROM will be set to 0, ending the romance and as far as I know it's impossible to restart the romance afterwards.

• Like 1

Great guide and thanks for mentioning my mod :D

One thing you might want to add (although it's pretty obvious) is that you have to be nice to Juhani or the global T_JUHANIROM will be set to 0, ending the romance and as far as I know it's impossible to restart the romance afterwards.

Thanks for the feedback, and your mod is great! :)

I've added that info to my guide. Ha, I was too focused on investigating the script files for triggering Juhani's conversations to notice that mean dialogue choices will end the romance.

Hi Leilukin, since I guess you know a lot about the game and Juhani :D, there's something I couldn't find out: is It actually possible to corrupt back Juhani to the dark side?

I still didn't read your guide cause I don't want to spoil everything.

I know you can do it with Bastila (also linked to the romance), and Idk if you can do it with Mission or Zaalbar or Carth

You can't make Juhani shift her alignment drastically; however, you can make her do a very dark act counter to Jedi philosophy at the culmination of her side quest.

Hi Leilukin, since I guess you know a lot about the game and Juhani :D, there's something I couldn't find out: is It actually possible to corrupt back Juhani to the dark side?

I still didn't read your guide cause I don't want to spoil everything.

I know you can do it with Bastila (also linked to the romance), and Idk if you can do it with Mission or Zaalbar or Carth

No, that's not possible. But I'm working on a mod to make it possible :) It will take a while for this mod to be released though.

• Like 1

You can't make Juhani shift her alignment drastically; however, you can make her do a very dark act counter to Jedi philosophy at the culmination of her side quest.

That's what I thought after doing some research, too bad.

No, that's not possible. But I'm working on a mod to make it possible :D It will take a while for this mod to be released though.

Good to know, you guys are awesome :D

Hey! Thanks so much for this guide <3

I'm using the KOTOR 1 Restoration mod which is incompatible with the Community Patch, do you have any suggestions for resolving the bugs with a different mod/method?

21 hours ago, evridaycari said:

Hey! Thanks so much for this guide ❤️

I'm using the KOTOR 1 Restoration mod which is incompatible with the Community Patch, do you have any suggestions for resolving the bugs with a different mod/method?

If using KotOR 1 Restoration is really important for you, read my guide closely and follow the instructions to avoid bugs. There is no good alternative to KotOR 1 Community Patch. K1CP is a far superior mod to K1R for the fact that the former fixes more bugs than the latter does, which is why I recommend K1CP instead of K1R in my guide.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Leilukin said:

If using KotOR 1 Restoration is really important for you, read my guide closely and follow the instructions to avoid bugs. There is no good alternative to KotOR 1 Community Patch. K1CP is a far superior mod to K1R for the fact that the former fixes more bugs than the latter does, which is why I recommend K1CP instead of K1R in my guide.

Thanks for the response! I was worried that was the case haha. I was too hasty and am already on Dantooine on my install with K1R, and I'm playing with my gf for the first time so i really dont want to start over :/ I would simply uninstall K1R in favor of the community patch but I'm assuming that'll break my saves, unless they could somehow be edited for compatibility. I guess I'll just have to be extra careful to avoid the bugs

Thanks again, and happy pride!