Sign in to follow this  
SithLordRevan

Alt tabbing for movies

Hello,

Does anyone know the fix for having to alt tab to watch movies (cutscenes) in KOTOR I? I have the files converted to 1080p and the exe properly modified to run them. I remember there being a fix for the problem (besides using windowed mode) but I can't remember it.

I did this, looks like the alt tabbing issue was only for the intro movie.

On the same note - Does anyone know how the updated steam version works for movies? Does it have the HQ movies by default? Does it display them properly on 1080p (or other widescreen resolutions) displays by default? Or is that method still necessary?

Late answer, but I was able to fix all minimizing issues with cutscenes by right-clicking swkotor.exe, going to the compability settings and checking: "Deactivate Visual Designs", "Deactivate Desktop...whatever" and "Deactivate Scaling..." (I translated those from my German Windows, so they'll probably be called something else.)

And AFAIK, the new Steam version contains the HQ Movie Patch available for years (as did the Steam version before Aspyrs patch), but the movies won't be in FullHD.

Another late answer, but an alternative way to fix the minimizing issues for the videos is to open the task manager and set Kotor's affinity to only 1 cpu core. Not sure why that works, but it's made life much easier.

Also, no, sadly, Steam has the old low res movie files still, and it's still 1024x768 max resolution. I just had to buy it on Steam myself (stupid laptop dvd drive has quit on me), and I was disappointed that Kotor hadn't gotten the same beautiful updates they've given TSL. Though to be fair, TSL really deserves updates more.

Solved! Fixing the ALT Tab for Movies when full screened. 

Windows 10 Steam Version. Go to the properties of your swkotor.exe, click on the "Compatibility" Tab. Click on "Change high DPI Settings" check "Override high DPI Scaling behavior". Have the Scaling performed by: Application in the drop down box.  

@Tayace, this problem has been plaguing me and I was very glad to read about your suggestion.

Unfortunately in my case the option "Override high DPI scaling behavior" is annoyingly grayed out although it seems like it's already set to be performed by Application (and if that is the case then that solution is not really working).

Clipboard01.jpg