djh269

Issue regarding Kotor Tool

Hello guys, 

Unfortunately I am unable to access Kotor Tool for some strange reason. I can use it when I first install it but when I close it and reopen it doesn't let me do anything, it just says: Could not find file "C:\chitin key".

I have never had this problem before. Any assistance will be great. 

Many thanks, 

djh269

Hello Fairstrides, 

Unfortunately deleting the settings.xml file for Kotor Tool didn't fix the problem. It asks me to configure the paths for the games then just displays nothing haha. 

Cheers

Okay, I just had this issue myself yesterday (funny how that works), but it only happened after I renamed my KotOR 2 folder and then erased the in KT's "Manage Paths..." window and restarted KT...

Do you have both games installed, are your registry entries up-to-date (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bioware and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts for 32-bit computers, but HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bioware and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\LucasArts for 64-bit computers), and that both paths in KT match the paths on your system?

Hello Fairstrides,

I have to add it in regedit everytime I install tsl anyway for some reason haha, but they are appropriately set. This has never happened before, never had a problem with it lol.

Cheers

Hello Fairstrides,

I have to add it in regedit everytime I install tsl anyway for some reason haha, but they are appropriately set. This has never happened before, never had a problem with it lol.

Cheers

In that case, save yourself some trouble and go the the main LucasArts entry that has TSL in it, right-click the LucasArts entry and select "Export".

Then give it a name, like "TSL_Reg", and save this file. After that, back it up somewhere or email it to yourself.

You can later launch this .reg file and "merge" it's data with your windows registry whenever you re-install TSL.

In that case, save yourself some trouble and go the the main LucasArts entry that has TSL in it, right-click the LucasArts entry and select "Export".

Then give it a name, like "TSL_Reg", and save this file. After that, back it up somewhere or email it to yourself.

You can later launch this .reg file and "merge" it's data with your windows registry whenever you re-install TSL.

Hello Fairstrides, 

Cheers for the advice! I'm not having to reinstall the game as much recently because of the workshop haha. 

I've deleted both settings.xml files for Kotor but still no avail, I've reinstalled Kotortool and both games but still having issues :/

Many thanks!

Okay.. I have a new laptop. And never had this issue but now it's appeared.
I've made the .reg file, made those registry changes, after that restarted computer and Kotor Tool still doesn't display anything. 

I've made the changes on the right way. Like 15 times I tried. 
It has some issues with the chitin.key I think.

K1 and TSL are both steam version.

Someone pls help me because I can't get over with my mod.

I think I ran into something similar in the past, I'm not sure what exactly fixed things but I:
- Updated "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable", here under "Other tools and frameworks": https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
I have a 64 bit Windows (10) and have both "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)". Again, I'm not sure if that did the trick or which one is used or needed.
- Reinstalled KotOR Tool, make sure you grab the latest version from this site.
A restart might also be needed after the above.