I have an NVidia GeForce 9400 GT graphics card with version 9.18.13.4144 drivers.

Yet, when I run the Scan Hardware thing:

Capture.JPG

Should I install earlier drivers, and if so, do you guys have any ideas on which versions?

Even though your card is ancient (from 2008 or so?), it's still a lot newer than what KOTOR was designed for. The hardware scan is pointless because it doesn't recognise anything beyond circa 2004/2005. If I run it here it tells me my OS (Win7) and graphics card (760) fail as well, yet both games run. If you are having issues running the game, I doubt it's the card. If anything that would probably run it better than a newer card.

The part that I'm concerned about is the NVidia Detonators thing, as my computer will always crash right after Jolee finishes his fight with the Katarns, and I have a theory from a test that this will also occur in the bos_tem5 module in BoS:SR...

Turned Graphics settings on everything to Low, have not messed with affinity or NVidia settings yet, though. Oh, and Dantooine seems normal.

What version of the game is it? The CD version of K1 crashed constantly for me last time I tried it. Could barely get out of the starting room on the Endar Spire. I grabbed the GOG version and that seems a bit more stable, although I haven't had a chance to test it extensively as yet.

What version of the game is it? The CD version of K1 crashed constantly for me last time I tried it. Could barely get out of the starting room on the Endar Spire. I grabbed the GOG version and that seems a bit more stable, although I haven't had a chance to test it extensively as yet.

4CD still. I have the Steam version but haven't tried it yet...

I guess you tried disabling Vertex Buffer Objects? That fixed a few similar crashes for me last time.

Yeah...

The original 4 CD version is terrible. It never ran on my computer, though at the time that computer was pretty terrible too.

I'd try the Steam Version and see if that gets you anywhere.

Still crashed, on a vanilla game... Card, or do you think I should mess with NVidia settings?

It crashes right as Jolee is saying the first line after you see him kill the Katarns...

Still crashed, on a vanilla game... Card, or do you think I should mess with NVidia settings?

It crashes right as Jolee is saying the first line after you see him kill the Katarns...

Try the Nvidia optimization thread http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1545-nvidia-gfx-guide/?fromsearch=1 . I used those settings, and have had few crashes and no more graphical anomalies.

Try the Nvidia optimization thread http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1545-nvidia-gfx-guide/?fromsearch=1 . I used those settings, and have had few crashes and no more graphical anomalies.

I don't know if it was those settings changes or re-doing the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 trick, but now it works! :D