zbyl2

KOTOR II Re-Release on STEAM!

Quick question about the screens:  does the new version come with widescreen UI fixed or are you using a mod *ahem* :D

It's automatic. No need for a mod for the UI fix. It's perfectly fine :)

That's kind of the main reason for the update. :P

As far as TSLPatcher for Mac goes, are there any efforts on getting a Mac version of it yet? I'm not aware of who made it, but it seems fairly straight forward. I assume the one that made it is gone without the source code available?

That's kind of the main reason for the update. :P

As far as TSLPatcher for Mac goes, are there any efforts on getting a Mac version of it yet? I'm not aware of who made it, but it seems fairly straight forward. I assume the one that made it is gone without the source code available?

The creator isn't quite gone (I contact them in PMs) and I've gotten the source code for ERFEdit and ChangeEdit from them, so I could probably get TSLPatcher's code...

The only thing is, I have no idea how to create Mac's .apk file (or whatever is the Mac equivalent of a .exe file) and given the language their other tools were coded in, it's a shoe-in that TSLPatcher is in Borland's Pascal Delphi, so I'm not sure if I would need to wrap a produced .exe into a .apk or what...

If someone could give me a definitive way of making a Mac's .exe, then I can try.

Does the Steam version come with the hi-res music / movies standard?

Just bought the game for the convenience of Steam + to show my support. Great job everyone!

Barf! Better to make a native installer...

Then again, if it's up to me, it might never get done :P

I'd still need a way to do that native installer, VP...

I don't know how I can make a .app/.apk or whatever it is, and Macs need Crossover or Wine to use .exe files. I'm trying to find a way to make an actual .app/.apk file specifically for the Macs. :(

I'd still need a way to do that native installer, VP...

I don't know how I can make a .app/.apk or whatever it is, and Macs need Crossover or Wine to use .exe files. I'm trying to find a way to make an actual .app/.apk file specifically for the Macs. :(

I don't know too much about Perl IDEs, or IDES in general actually, but have you looked into Komodo? Either way you'd have to have an install of OS X to test it.

I don't know too much about Perl IDEs, or IDES in general actually, but have you looked into Komodo? Either way you'd have to have an install of OS X to test it.

I have not looked into it yet, but I will.

And that's where Rece comes in. :P He likes modding on a Mac (and proving that you can...)

I have not looked into it yet, but I will.

And that's where Rece comes in. :P He likes modding on a Mac (and proving that you can...)

That's for sure! I'm fine with being the guinea pig heheh.

Think you could find something for Perl programs? :P

Wouldn't hold your breath. Any time I mentioned Perl when trying to employee coders to fix MDLOps, there was a lot of uncontrolled vomiting going on. Doesn't seem to be looked on very favourably these days....

I'd suggest that any Perl code needs to be completely reconstituted in another language.

Wouldn't hold your breath. Any time I mentioned Perl when trying to employee coders to fix MDLOps, there was a lot of uncontrolled vomiting going on. Doesn't seem to be looked on very favourably these days....

I'd suggest that any Perl code needs to be completely reconstituted in another language.

Hasn't been favorably looked upon for several years now.

Do they have any plans to do something similar for KotOR1?

Honestly, probably not. Since the game already came out for Mac, Aspyr doesn't have much else to do. It came out several years ago on the Mac and they slightly update it every few months. The odds are very slim, but then again, that's what everyone thought for TSL

It'd be cool if they did. It sets my OCD off a little bit when only half the games get the "update" treatment.

Can regular KOTOR2 mods still be installed in the "Override" folder of the Steam version?

They sure can!

They sure can!

Mods I had on my "old" install of KOTOR2 don't seem to take effect with the Steam version. They are in folders within Override (just as they were before). For instance, I'm testing with the fixed proficiency / feat icons (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/420-tsl-fixed-proficiencyfocus-feat-icons/) just since I can see those in the character creation screen, and it did not take effect. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, well, that was obviously a bad choice as it is an unnecessary mod with TSLRCM now. But, I have the Peragus-OTE retexture and it does not seem to be taking effect either.

Honestly, probably not. Since the game already came out for Mac, Aspyr doesn't have much else to do. It came out several years ago on the Mac and they slightly update it every few months. The odds are very slim, but then again, that's what everyone thought for TSL

They have yet to port it to Linux, so that's one thing that could drive them to do this same update to K1.

As far as testing things on Mac goes, I'd love to help out. I could even ask one of the coders from the JK community to help. He made the program called ModView available natively on Mac, so he knows what he's doing. If a legit thread and effort is made, I could point him to it and he could help point you in the right direction.

Hey would this make Kotor ll canon now?

Short answer: no.

Disney/Lucasfilm have said that only movies and TV shows and a handful of recently released books are canon. But seeing how new content is being created for SWTOR and TSL is re-released is a good sign and could point to them being made canon. I believe they still sell SWTOR toys as well, such as Legos and Darth Revan action figures, though I could be wrong about that.