VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

Guest DH-010
(..)

T3 provides the exposition for when you wake up on the damaged ebon Hawk and everyone is gone. We assume that he's left behind to do repairs to the ship - how he miraculously fixes the whole thing is left up to the imagination - and aside from just killing the Ebon Hawk entirely, there is no other possible fix.

(..)

Isn't it obvious?

Because T3 is awesome :D.

Anyway, glad to see this 'waking up' scene has survived all the way from the old forums 'til now!

Ultimatum: Bead and I ran through the possible scenarios we constructed for the HK/G0t0/Remote scene and we now have a question for you.

Would any of you object to other G0t0 droids showing up for the fight? They would show up with the HK-50s in one case, and in the others they would show up instead of the HK-50s. This way, the fight can be a bit more balanced, as it's a little bit harder to kill 3 math droids with basic combat capabilities than 1.

Keep in mind that on G0t0's yacht there were a ton of other G0t0 droids too, so this is not one of those cheap 'clone the bad guy' ploys.

• Like 1

I would say yes if you re-skin the non G0t0 math droids. The reason is on the ship you did not see the G0t0 along with the minion versions since the player would not know which one is G0t0. In this scene they would be seen along with him so you would need to make G0t0 stand out. The main way is to re-skin the minions with a slightly different tint of the color or to do something to G0T0's skin to make him stand out from the bunch.

The other G0T0 droids are called Sentry Droid Mark I's, so I think naming them differently would be sufficient enough. Perhaps a separate mod to change the appearance of those minion droids is in order.

Personally I would prefer it if:

You ignore the Factory entirely:

The HK-50s show up and aid G0T0 (G0T0 and 4 HK-50s, worst odds)

You shut down everything in the Factory:

What is left of the HK-50s show up (G0T0 and 3 HK-50s, better odds)

You bring the HK-51s:

G0T0 scrambles the HK-51s and they attack you (G0T0 and 2 HK-51s (roughly equivalent to the 50s), best odds)

You bring the HK-51s:

G0T0 scrambles the HK-51s and they attack you (G0T0 and 2 HK-51s (roughly equivalent to the 50s), best odds)

I understand the point if you want to add a re balance in the area of this out come if its a playable scene but you can not ignore the HK factory's events if you played it. One main theme in the game is your actions and choices lead to some type of effect and to simply ignore the effect or the choices does damage to the game's main theme. Re-balancing it if the scene is a playable fight is fine where you choice does effect the setup of the scene and your out come but there might be issue will come up how do you let Goto get his outcome if you the player are HK-47 in turn will always win unless you script it so the player = a number of HP , which causes a dlg scene where Goto gets his outcome verse if you kill Goto then you get the other outcome. For players who would just want to see the out come play as dictated by the player's choices you could simply place a dlg option as HK-47 is the PC, where the player can say - player will actively play scene or player will let choices dictate result. This will allow both parties to get what they want.

You bring the HK-51s:

Think it's that easy, eh? You're forgetting that the HK-50s cannot attack HK-47.

Also, if G0-T0 can simply scramble the HK-51s, why not simply scramble HK-47 too and not have a fight at all.

Ultimatum: Bead and I ran through the possible scenarios we constructed for the HK/G0t0/Remote scene and we now have a question for you.

Would any of you object to other G0t0 droids showing up for the fight? They would show up with the HK-50s in one case, and in the others they would show up instead of the HK-50s. This way, the fight can be a bit more balanced, as it's a little bit harder to kill 3 math droids with basic combat capabilities than 1.

Keep in mind that on G0t0's yacht there were a ton of other G0t0 droids too, so this is not one of those cheap 'clone the bad guy' ploys.

That is a good idea. You've got my two cents on that ;)

You wanted it to be player controlled, I did not

Yes, and we'll figure it out somehow, you can either help us figure it out or be silent, because posting scenarios that don't work because you haven't thought them through doesn't help at all. If you really think the scene shouldn't be player controlled, you should instead try to convince us with reasonable arguments why that is better.

You wanted it to be player controlled, I did not

Regardless, what Bead said are still issues that have to be dealt with.

But as Bead said, the HK-50s can't attack you because of their self-preservation programming. If they did end up fighting, it would be against G0T0 because they recognize HK-47 essentially as their same model, and they cannot let any HK unit come to harm.

Problem being that there wouldn't be any HK-50s left because the factory is destroyed. Sure maybe we can assume there are some left on some random world that G0t0 called them from, but then this ending is really no different than the previous scenario. The HK-50s would still probably attack G0t0 before they attack HK-47.

You bring the HK-51s:

Like Bead said, G0T0 could pretty much scramble the droids in any scenario we've placed here, but then what's to stop G0T0 from scrambling HK-47 right off the bat? That and can the HK-51s even be scrambled?

The three scenarios we have arranged at the moment would all result in HK-47 winning. That's fine and everything, but then we're totally missing out on the HK-47 gets scrambled portion. The only possible way we could ever get any HK-5X unit to attack HK-47 is if the HK-51s are hostile, but even then who's to say they'd even listen to G0T0? By then, the HK Factory will require that you kill all of the HK-51s anyways so that ending wouldn't happen anyways...

Moral of the story: It's going to be a player controlled fight. I'm not a fan of how TSLRCM would do it and it shouldn't be dictated on how HK-47 finished the droid factory, an event that is isolated and separate from Malachor.

We've considered your opinion and your advice, and took steps to make the fight more realistic, but as far as making scenes automated just because you don't like it, it's not holding much weight with me or Bead. There are other scenes in the mod which are automated, so it's not like we're 'butchering' the entire ending for you.

Plus, if all else fails, you can always make your own mod to tweak how the game ends.

• Like 1

Guest Mablus25

Malachor V is an awsome place do hope more stuff there will be restored.

Guest Muzic Lopez

Its been months since the HK & Goto thing came up, but I am a forum troll and just started being a troll here in DeadlyStream xP

Maybe I mis-read something, but it was to my understanding that Goto couldnt scramble the HK 51 units.

Due to their upgrades and probably unknown to goto schematics, he is unable to scramble their advanced interfaces or whatever.

And since HK 47 has to upgrade to their schematics to preserve the 51 units, that means HK 47 cant be scrambled as well.

HK 47 is my favorite characters and the Factory, any HK restored content has been my favorite. I took the time to replay the Factory's final decisions and Malachor to find out what decision affects the later story. And siding the 51 units foiled Goto.

And I typicaly side with that choice cause even tho I play TSL over & over again, I always try to be as Canon as possible. I always assumed the 51 story would be Canon since HK 47 survives Malachor and lives for thousands of years, ARGUEABLY even though the original Star Wars movies.

All in all, I greatly support & appreciate Malachor projects.

Getting a better experience on the planet was the reason why I got into restoration projects & mods in general. I was an xbox player and when my buddy mentioned stuff like this, I immediatly bought Kotor 1 & 2 for the PC.

Puppet & bead, I'll be rooting for ya'll! As well as the rest of the team! :cool:

Edit by Sith Holocron: Posts merged

The other G0T0 droids are called Sentry Droid Mark I's, so I think naming them differently would be sufficient enough. Perhaps a separate mod to change the appearance of those minion droids is in order.

Sorry to chime in on this so late but I love the idea of G0-T0 having Sentry Droids - like "he" does on "his" yacht - helping him out if the HK-51's are there. In addition, you mentioned finding a mod to change the Sentry Droids appearance. Have you seen this?

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/The_New_Goto;101367

I think this mod might change G0-T0 too so that should kept in mind. Also, you could always contact the original maker to see if it could included in your mod.

One final note on using G0-T0 clones: you would finally be able to use the cut line that says: "I shall have to remember some of his traits when I build future generations from his schematics." Instead of referencing HK-47 as was probably originally intended, now it could now be used on G0-To's Yacht in regards to Sentry Droid Mark I. You'd have to copy that line from the Malachor V modules to his yacht but that's child's play for you guys. Of course, if you use that mod listed or just simply reskin the "G0-T0 Clones", I would suggest renaming them as "Sentry Droids, Mark II"

Guest Dark_Ansem

Sorry to chime in on this so late but I love the idea of G0-T0 having Sentry Droids - like "he" does on "his" yacht - helping him out if the HK-51's are there. In addition, you mentioned finding a mod to change the Sentry Droids appearance. Have you seen this?

http://knightsoftheo...New_Goto;101367

I think this mod might change G0-T0 too so that should kept in mind. Also, you could always contact the original maker to see if it could included in your mod.

One final note on using G0-T0 clones: you would finally be able to use the cut line that says: "I shall have to remember some of his traits when I build future generations from his schematics." Instead of referencing HK-47 as was probably originally intended, now it could now be used on G0-To's Yacht in regards to Sentry Droid Mark I. You'd have to copy that line from the Malachor V modules to his yacht but that's child's play for you guys. Of course, if you use that mod listed or just simply reskin the "G0-T0 Clones", I would suggest renaming them as "Sentry Droids, Mark II"

I second this. it was also one of my many ideas to give better names to enemies in-game, and this is a good place to start. even if I'm not quite sure I want G0t0's appearance to change, I like him to look like Vader's mind probe droid from EP IV. but his helpers can DO look like that. Goto's children are as ugly as he is, and blasting the whole family will be even more fun.

http://knightsoftheo...New_Goto;101367

The appearance changing mod would be optional. I myself am not too fond of changing the appearance of things without a good enough reason, and since on the yacht the clones don't look any different, I don't think there is a need for changing their appearance on Malachor. But as VP said, optional appearance changing mods are in order.

As for the cut line, we have already used it on Malachor.

• Like 1

Guest Dark_Ansem

it would add some good variety however, and is consistent with Goto's idea of constant upgrading/improvement in order to preserve stability.

it would add some good variety however, and is consistent with Goto's idea of constant upgrading/improvement in order to preserve stability.

If it's already being used, I withdraw my suggestion about including that G0-T0 line. Dark Ansem, it would actually detract from the variety if they used that cut line more than once in the Malachor VI modification. ;)

I am glad that the Sentry Droids appearance will be an option in Malachor VI. (That is, if I understood your meaning correctly.)

Guest Zhaboka

Indeed it is. But we both know it'll be beyond worth it.

It gives me great disappointment to inform you all that development on MVI has halted...

...temporarily at least.

Bead and I both have very busy schedules, and it's been hard all year to get things done. To put things in perspective, of what we have completed right now, half of that was done in the first 3-4 months when we started. Now here we are a year later, and we've only gotten so far.

We've always said that it will be released "When it's done" and that still will be true. However, Bead brought it to my attention that we should not be leading you guys on with a mod that isn't really going anywhere right now *cough*TSLRP*cough*

When will production resume then?

Maybe pretty soon. We'll see. As far as I know, the only thing left on my fix list is the few bugs that Hassat Hunter caught in the new 298TEL. The lower level needs some fixes, but I'm still contemplating what I should do. And yes, this means the entire HK50/HK51 activation/confrontation sequence near the end of the Factory. Either way, it won't happen 'til at least TSLRCM 1.9.

At any rate, to tide you guys over until the next update, here are some screenies.

0Skt4.jpg

13F4n.jpg

jZzPJ.jpg

Those screens look great. And I'm sure a temporary halt and being honest is better than a permanent halt and liying about it, so no problem there.

"If I were the Force, I'd be flowing inside you, baby."

I'm so using this line if I ever happen to meet some nice Star Wars fangirl. Who came up with it, anyway?

Seriously though, it's sad to hear it's "on halt", but it's good you at least said that, instead of pretending you're working while you aren't. I will patiently wait until you resume work, as it's one of very few mods I'm still really looking forward to. If the rest of mod is as good as part of it I played all this time ago - and I'm sure it is ;) - wait will be worth it, no matter how long.

The last screenshoot is very intriguing. I wonder what and where that is... please don't answer that, I want to find out myself :)

• Like 1

The line was from me. I was trying to imagine what someone in a Star Wars universe would use as a cheesy pickup line.

the halting is temporary though. As soon as I posted that, I started working again lol.

But I'm still bound to the HK Factory and its bug fixes, no telling how long that could take.

Plus, I'll be away this weekend so... we'll see. We just wanted to let you know that progress isn't as fast as it was.

Guest Zhaboka

Is that a new module or a cut module?