VarsityPuppet

Malachor VI: An Ending Mod

I love Atton's reskin

Good eye! ;)

I had forgotten that I had the reskin when I recorded the video. It's actually an entirely new head model - well a duplicate of Atton's head, but in case you couldn't tell by the skin, it's actually his battle-damaged head. It's one of those things that we're using to 'enhance' his death scene later on down the line.

I kinda liked it more when Sion cut Atton's palm and lifted him half a meter above the ground. Could you combine the scenes or something?

As we say at school, "beast mode." I've seen a few variants of the Atton vs. Sion scene, and I have to say, this is my favorite by far. I can't put my finger on a specific detail, but I think it was because the scene looked a lot like other well-done cutscenes by Obsidian in the game, like when Kreia loses her hand to Sion. Congratulations and best of luck on continued progress! :)

What do you mean by never matches up, VP?

I've had several occasions where Sion will instead grab Atton's forehead to lift him up, or Atton will be in a slightly different place so the animation looks... terrible.

That's what I mean by never matching up.

Um can't you find what's causing this stuff and fix it? I mean, you know a lot about the game engine, right?

Um can't you find what's causing this stuff and fix it? I mean, you know a lot about the game engine, right?

The game engine's behavior is sporadic, random and unpredictable sometimes. Scripts that worked fine before can break apart just by changing seemingly insignificant piece of data i.e. an unrelated object's tag.

Also consider that timing animations is a pretty inaccurate system.

In this case, I'd have to go in and change the animations, which is more effort than it's worth.

Guest DH010

Hey how it going?

It's been a while since I was here, hope people remember me. Apparently my old account got deleted, but I'm back now.

Glad to see everything is still going! Especially this mod. Hope to play it one day (well, many days of course :cool: ). Some stuff in here I didn't see yet, and everything looks awesome. Can't wait to see the Atton/Sion scenes in reality. Good job!

Also very curious how the beginning of Malachor turned out. I remember we all talked a lot about what actions T3 should take and where Bao-Dur would be and stuff like that back in the early days of the mod's development.

no all are acount got hacked and deleated by a dick head and i still renmber you :)

Actually, it was just an error in the purge-function of the forum... no hacking, or was it intended so many accounts got deleted...

Yeah, me too!! I used to play TSL once a month:)), but now, I haven't played the game since 2010, because I want to feel again that intrigue of playing KotorII. Only that, this time, it will be the most PERFECT EXPERIENCE with the upcoming of RCM 1.8, M4-78EP, and Malachor VI.

But in the mean time, let's focus on playing TOR and let the guys complete their work, so that it can be as good as possible.:)

This mod looks awesome. I can't wait until it is done. Will it be compatible with TSLRCM too?

Yes, the Malachor VI mod will be compatible with TSLRCM 1.8. As VP has been part of the TSLRCM team for some time, it wouldn't make sense for it not to be compatible. As such, don't expect it to be finished before TSLRCM 1.8 is released.

don't expect it to be finished before TSLRCM 1.8 is released.

I don't expect it to be finished before then. It's better to be worked on longer, if it's not rushed it will be a great mod. Still it looks great and sounds great at the moment.

Well, this looks incredible and I can't to kill GOTO with my bare hands. :mad:

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else on here has pondered this since I haven't shifted through all 21 pages but with the change to pre-Telos, perhaps It would fix the compatibility between USM and RCM since the Kreia cutscene with Sion would happen and the Ebon Hawk crashing scene wouldn't happen till afterwards.

A bit of sad news to be delivered, but I suppose it was awhile in the making...

Malachor VI is being indefinitely postponed. This is due to RL responsibilities that I would be stupid to shaft. I'm lucky to be able to mod in the limited capacity that I currently do.

I haven't heard from Bead-V in awhile, but I think he would agree: the project is going to be on hold for quite some time. We are both quite busy.

This is not to say that the content created by this mod will never see the light of day. It is my hope that Bead and I will be able to get the magnificent work we've done out there for you guys to enjoy. However, before that happens, I fear that MVI will have to have a clearer gameplan than what we've been working with. It certainly was helpful in generating some of the best ideas we have, but I know I can't be working on this forever. We all have to move on - that and my attention span when coming to modding is very short.

So I guess this announcement isn't really news, but a confirmation of the state we're in. Yes, I do want to get these amazing scenarios out to you, but perhaps such a hopeful, grandeur mod is not the best way right now.

Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted ;)

I'd be overjoyed with just the stuff you've done and posted about so far. Your work is awesome, VP.

That sucks that it is being postponed. :(