InSidious

Mod use and mod visibility

I think it'd be cool if the t-shirt was black, with the Deadlystream logo and maybe some pictures of a mod or something like that. I could whip something up in gimp and see how it turns out (Although my image editing skills aren't the best) If someone could send me a fullscale image of the deadly stream logo that'd be great :D

Also what would the resolution of the whole image have to be?

512x512 px It's only appropriate. ;)

• Like 1

512x512 px It's only appropriate. ;)

Alright. Also I'd need permission from modders to use any of their official images of their mods for possible use in the logo. If you guys have them, please send them to me. I want to actually do something for DS :)

Plus, you guys obviously wouldn't have to take my logo for a t-shirt. I could make multiple different logos if it's cool with you guys? ;)

Well, main problem with merging K1 and TSL is that it violates their EULA, so it's considered illegal and not allowed in most KotOR-related modding communities.

And even if it were allowed, there's a lot of technical difficulties.

Please read this thread regarding this site's stance on porting. Feel free to discuss this in PMs - but not publicly.

sorry it will not happen again

While that sounds great, I would want to make sure all my funds go directly to running the site, personally.

However, designing a high-quality DeadlyStream T-shirt would be awesome. Show off some solidarity for us Kotor peeps.

I wonder what logo we would use though without any copyright or patent issues.

Deadly Stream pyjamas please! :hiding:

I hereby pledge my purchase of 3 t-shirts and 1 pair of pyjamas :ice:

You should have a contest to design the new pyjamas  :ouch: ... t-shirt.

Just make sure that the T-shirts are high quality and pre washed. Also that they come in more than just one colour.

I don't mind paying more money if; 1) it is a quality item that won't shrink and be unwearable after one mistake in the drying machine; 2) that I know the high cost of the quality item is because the profits are going into the update/upkeep of the forum itself.

So I have to say that your presence on Nexusmods is practically ZERO. I am no fan of the Nexus, Darkone or his lacky vampire dante but it is just so easy to find mods there. They have a real good working picture share where people actually hang out every day and post their pics. The first thing I did when I installled Fallout New Vegas was take a pic and introduce myself on the Nexus New Vegas picture share because that is the quickest way to meet people and ask qustions about the mods the use in their pics... It is basically Free Advertising! In every gaming forum I am a member of there is a  thread called, "what is thi mod" where member post pics and ask questions like; "what is that hair? what is that armour, clothing?..." stuff like that. 90% of the pics are from the nexus picture share of whatever game they host.

Imagine if I install the game (like I am doing now) and I go to the nexus image share and (like I see IS is doing and plan to join him very soon) and start talking to people about the mods I got from Deadly Stream. You know I have already mentioned this place on the New Vegas picture when I uploaded my goodbye picture and I got a real good reaction when I said goodbye and explained that I am off to play KOTORTSLRCMM4-78EP. Believe it or not  some people knew what I was even talking about. I got 3 PMs from people talking about their game and asking where they could get it.

I am sure there is a good reason why your two brilliant DLC type mods are not there and I don't want to presume anything however, maybe you should be :ass:

Just my 2 cents :nurse:

It's tough making a logo. Just trying to add a glare to the end of stream has taken me over an hour. I'm trying to get the color right. But this image looks so cheesy haha

Any word from Tyvokka about the plans for the website yet?

While I appreciate the logo idea, since it has the ebon hawk in it I cant actually make any merchandise as I dont own that IP. As far as the website, at this point I am not in a rush to overhaul anything. But there are plans for an overhaul in the future. The near future plan is just to get more content posted, improve SEO and improve Premium membership offerings.

-T

Oh and @kate, i am not a big nexus mods user, can you show me what you are talking about in regards to the picture sharing idea.

Perhaps we should have some sort of meeting to discuss content sharing and promotion to see if we can garner enough interest in mods.

While I appreciate the logo idea, since it has the ebon hawk in it I cant actually make any merchandise as I dont own that IP. As far as the website, at this point I am not in a rush to overhaul anything. But there are plans for an overhaul in the future. The near future plan is just to get more content posted, improve SEO and improve Premium membership offerings.

-T

Oh and @kate, i am not a big nexus mods user, can you show me what you are talking about in regards to the picture sharing idea.

No pyjamas then?!? Oh darn it :sofa: Still I would buy a few T-Shirts and a coffee mug or water bottle. Still these things are expensive and you don't want to get stuck with them. I would buy a few black pre washed cotton t-shirts for my brothers and I. That shouldn't be too much of an expense and it is probably the easiest to sell.

Memberships: You should consider offering a lifetime membership.  If you were to offer my a lifetime option and allow me to upgrade I would buy it right now. So if the life time is 80$ and you took into account my current 20$ dollar membership  I would happily upgrade it for 60$ today.

Here is the membership pricing from the Nexus just for a comparison;

1 month £2.99 ($4.80 USD)

3 months £8.49 ($13.60 USD)

6 months £14.49 ($23.20 USD)

12 months £24.99 ($39.99 USD)

Life-time membership £49.99 ($79.99 USD)

USD figures are based on a standard exchange rate.

All payments are non-recurring. You only get billed once.

Premium features; Uncapped file downloads, Premium only file servers, Download multi-threading, No advertising, Private message capacity increase, ***Supporter-only Image Share section

Nexus Picture share: It is and has been my opinion that the success of the Nexus has always been it's "Image Share" which allows all users to upload and save unlimited pictures but limited to only 5 uploads per day. (I don't think this is actually necessary and more like a waste of resources. I believe the feature would be just as popular and successful if they only saved the last 100 pics a user uploaded. Premium members would get unlimited. I think they could even make it to the last 50 pics get saved and it wouldn't make any difference. i myself erase my pics once I notice that no one is commenting on them or that I just don't like them any more.) Actually the first things you see on any Nexus game page are the featured mods on top (most recent popular ones) and then below that are the rest of the Latest Mods and underneath that are the Latest Images. It is right there in your face. People go nuts for these image shares that they call themselves "Screen Archers" or people that practice "Screenarchery!" They even have a Basic Tutorial for screenarchery that although I haven't read it I am sure it goes over the rules and a list of screenarchery mods to use. There are hundreds of mods made just for taking pictures. I know because I have been using them for years :ice:

I realize this is an expense but the benefits are two fold.

1) People advertise the WIPs and Mods. Other members ask questions about the pics creating a self rewarding feedback loop. There are people who do nothing else but post pictures and hang out there every night. Every game has there own Image Share. This of course is not necessary here as you only mod for 2 games. But you may want to mod for other SW games in the future or host other SW mods in the future. 

2) People actually write Picture Board Stories similar to what film students learn. The stories, well some are just fantastic. It promotes artistic expression and that in turn is very  inviting to other gamers who have different skill sets out side of just modding. Like script writers, concept artists, Photoshop and GIMP geeks, Video artists... Then people link to other communities like Deviant art,Imgur, Flickr... just to name a few.

Midway through January of this year I installed Fallout New Vegas for the first time. Besides getting some advice from a long time internet gaming friend, I went immediately to the Fallout New Vegas Nexusmods Image share and looked at the pictures. I then posted on the picture thread asking questions like; what ENB are you using, what clothing is that, What is your characters name? Some people ask about you characters back story, others make jokes and friendships are made.

There are so many members here of all ages that I have never said a word to. The image share allows for this.

I know that there is an image share here but it wasn't that inviting. How important is the Image Share to the Nexusmod success? Just recently they have posted a job listing for a Forum Community Manager. This is because the activity in their forums has been declining at a rapid rate. Mostly because of their unprofessional moderators and childish staff behaviour. Most modders have left the Nexusmods forums but continue to upload their mods there because the service happens to be very user friendly and the experience is very smooth. However in the last few years hundreds of private smaller forums and blogs have popped up where the modders release their work first. After a year or so they upload it to the Nexus. The nexus chat used to always have 20-30 modders in it answering questions from their fans and they would have there own chat rooms within the main chat space. The place was packed... it's empty now.

But the Image Shares are still buzzing. I should say just to be fair that the older games like Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights are much slower but this place only needs one Image share.  People should be able to post pics from any games if you had one open for other games. The nexus image share for KOTOR II is really bad actually but then again, there's not much of a community over there. But check out any of them, here are some links and just click on a picture that has a lot of endorsements.

hmmm... I like where this thread is going. I've done design work for some time and I'd be willing to work on stuff for free. a front end site would be great, and we are out of touch, for some reason it took me years to find out these games were being modded.

edit: I'm also available to design an original logo, (that can be IP of the site, or Creative Commons etc.)