Sign in to follow this  
Medragor-des

Badass Bastila

Hi all!

Just thought of making a badass Bastila, cause...well... why not? :D
There's still a lot to do, especially cause this is my first TSLPatcher- and more complex reskin mod.
Still need to make clothes' dark side transition, as well as her face. Getting a portrait for her, though that should be easy... I think. And assigning different clothes to each DS transition level. I have a few faces with DS transition, but they're still a work-in-progress and right now she's only usable for light siders.
The dark side faces you see are more of a template, which I add more detail to, and refine it a bit more. (like veins on head and such) So right now they look a bit silly, especially the 2nd DS one. :D

Sooo, what do you think?

post-13302-0-30856500-1423605597_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-27261600-1423605598_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-53008600-1423605599_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-13721000-1423605600_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-88195400-1423605600_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-41873900-1423605601_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-09353300-1423605602_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-65114200-1423605602_thumb.jpg

I know a lot of people wanted more Bastila after Kotor 1. I mean, she was a pivotal character in the main story, but she seemed to stay to the sidelines for a majority of it, which is a shame, really since she had such a blatant personality and could have done much more as a main character for a while. (And her role in TSL was even more nonexistent..)

Your reskin looks solid, and fits the head and body quite well together. Your color choice is also nicely subtle, but with a good color mix.

The dialogue is great from what I can see. Are you also writing her lines as PC?

Thanks! :D

Part of the reason why I made Bastila to be "badass", is because her face is the most appealing in KotOR games, in my opinion, and I wanted to make a little personal touch to her image. And I believe this sleazy, black bounty hunter style suits her good. :D
And if I were to think of her slightly arrogant, stuck-up, and the pinnacle-of-a-flaming-Jedi personality, then this look is a bit of nice contrast to that, I believe. :D

As for her lines: No, I don't. Those are actually the default lines in KotOR II, when you first meet Kreia, it just happened to be highlighted, when I took a screenshot during the dialogue. The only thing I did, was the head and the clothes.
Getting her head off her body, and getting the model right, and the texture of the clothes to show up was a pain as a first-timer, but thankfully it all went good.
Right now, I'm still doing her heads to be a lot more better, than they are now.
After that, I also have to make a few more clothes, each for her DS heads, so the exposed body's skin color would match the DS head's skin color, and when they are ready, figuring out, how to assign them to their respective heads. As for that, I have no idea, so I'm gonna have to look up a tutorial for that.

I like what you did with the DS transition! And that suite looks great. Would look good on Mira too, color-wise!

Thanks!

Currently, I'm Gimping her face to be more detailed, adding some purple veins to the side of her forehead (don't know what they call it in English, sorry) and I really dunno, whether I should leave her hair black in the 2nd DS or make it grey or white. I guess, I'll see how it will look in-game. I'm also thinking of making the area around her eyes, darker and the perhaps the lipstick full black and giving the current 2nd DS one to the 1st DS.

Lots of ideas right now in my head, just need to find the right one. :D

I'm also open to suggestions, if you happen to have one.

I forgot to say... Probably would look good on Mira, too.

Just have to replace Bastila's skin on the jacket to Mira's. That shouldn't be difficult, I think. Just extracting her jacket, selecting her skin with the marking tool and copy-paste it on the black jacket. Renaming it to her jacket and throw it in override, and do the same with her DS jackets, if she has those, of course. Can't remember if her skin changes during DS transitions, in which case, she has to have two more jackets, or just gets a black makeup, like The handmaiden, in which case, she doesn't have two more.

Coming along slow, but steady... :D
Wanna make sure that everything looks exactly the way it's meant to be. And I only wanna upload it, when I look at even the slightest detail, and think: "Perfect! It's ready to go."
Especially, since it's my first resking and Patcher mod, so... :D

As for the DS eyes... I believe you're talking about the 2nd DS ones, right?
The black eyes are a little, too much, right? Cause I have other ideas for that, if so.

Well, the whites of the eyes are too gray and the red is a bit overbearing.

A suggestion: Though not the usual way of going for the DS option, how about the irises fade ever further . . . into either silver or white irises perhaps?

An example for TOR for inspiration . . .

swtor-new-human-white-eye.jpg

So basically, "Kreia-fying" the eyes, but with leaving the pupils black and the side of the iris, right?

Not quite.  The best way to do it would be taking the previous irises - and only the irises - and making them grey scale. Here's an example I've just worked up now.

GreyEyes_zpsd6344533.png

As you can see, there is color in the face but now - something seems a little off. Note that I didn't adjust the brightness in the above picture.

However, Bastila's eyes are bit darker than the above model's eyes so I had to add some brightness for the picture below. Here's a (very) short animation so you have an idea how that might work for your skin.

001-Bastila_zpslop9ljiq.gif

What you suggested, Sith Holocron, looks really good! So I believe this'll do as a DST 1. Didn't wanted to add too much Dark Side look, cause it's only the 1st stage.
If you think it's cool and acceptable, then I shall move on to DST 2, cause I'm planning to do that from the DST 1.
But, as always, I'm open to suggestions. So, thoughts, anyone?

post-13302-0-94382500-1423830379_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-75103400-1423830380_thumb.jpg

Well, this is gonna be the last update...
Just gonna check the Patcher and some stuff to make sure that everything is in order and I believe it's ready to be thrown up in the Skin sections (right?) as a full mod... thank God, phew.

(The fingers differ in color, I know... Only saw it, when I looked at the screenies. Gonna fix it, of course)

post-13302-0-28558600-1423934853_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-74820100-1423934860_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-53925200-1423934868_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-88492100-1423934873_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-43087100-1423934894_thumb.jpg

post-13302-0-94649800-1423934902_thumb.jpg