Constar

Sith Assassin model

Hey guys, I need your help. I tried to replace the sith-assassin-model in my K2 with the sith stalker-model from this excellent mod : http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/155-sith-stalker-armor/?st=10#commentsStart

I extractet the original n_Sithassn.mdl , .mdx , 01.tga and the SithassnH01.mdl , and renamed the Sith stalker parts with their names. Then I copied all of it into the override folder, but it didn't have any effect ingame.

Could anyone tell me where the correct sith assassin-model and textures are?

Hey guys, I need your help. I tried to replace the sith-assassin-model in my K2 with the sith stalker-model from this excellent mod : http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/155-sith-stalker-armor/?st=10#commentsStart

I extractet the original n_Sithassn.mdl , .mdx , 01.tga and the SithassnH01.mdl , and renamed the Sith stalker parts with their names. Then I copied all of it into the override folder, but it didn't have any effect ingame.

Could anyone tell me where the correct sith assassin-model and textures are?

I would suggest Dark_Jedi_Low_Male in the appearance.2da, going by the Harbinger's .utc files.

The n_Sithassn.mdl model you've extracted is used for Visquis' Ubese guards, if I recall right.

Also, isn't the Sith Stalker mod a full head+body model, rather than separate head and body ones?

And if you're confused as to why the Ubese model is labeled as "Sithassn", than look at some of the TSL pre-release game shots.

kotorII_1t_1089852849.jpg

The Ubese were the original Sith Assassins. Obsidian probably decided to redesign the Assassin during the middle of the game's development, or had planned to use the current Sith Assassin as the Ubese model at one point until they decided to swap their places, resulting in the current Sith Assassin.

I honestly prefer the current model we have as the Sith Assassin. While I do wish the Ubese could have had some more game time, the current Sith models with have now looks more like a Sith should than the Ubese do. I suppose that's debatable, though.

Wow! thank all of you for the quick, and really helpfull responses!

@Kainzorous Prime

You're right. It seems, as the Sith Assassins use two different models for body and head, and the sith stalker uses one full model, that i can't go on with that idea any further. I tried to work with 3ds max and mdlops, but I just don't have the skills to do this.

If anyone could make seperate models for the head and body parts of the sith stalker and send them to me, I'd be very thankful.

Whem this works out I will upload the modification (the original author has allowed further modification and usage, if he is mentioned in the credits) I could maybe upload the file, if anyone else is interested in such a replacer.

Well first of all, I don't have a answer from the original creator yet, but I still allready thought about the problem with the 2 different body setups.

Is it possible to modify the sith assassins appearance in the appearance.2da? this way we wouldn't have to touch the models and it wouldn't have to include any of the original data, so it would work as a kind of patch, to use alongside the origninal mod. Is this possible?

I don't want to get around reapper's permission or something, I will wait with working on this projet until he gave me an answer. The appearance.2da idea just came to me when I read tutorials about the TSLpatcher.

If you just replace the entry that decides between body only/full body+head entry, it should work. search for sith assassin entries and there should be one with a B in it. Change that to F, and remove the head numbers.

Okay I finally managed to create a patch! It should be approved and ready to download in short time.

Oh and you have not been entirely correct, Kainzorus Prime, I didn't have to replace B with F. In fact it only works with B for modeltype. don't know why, but that doesn't matter since it finally works^^

I didn't have to replace B with F. In fact it only works with B for modeltype.

Really strange, 'cause original mod uses modeltype=F (I know that for sure, 'cause I helped reapper to make the mod).

Yeah I know I saw the line in appearance.2da . But when I changed it to F it had the default body again, without a head. Somehow it works with B.

I've taken a look at your changes.ini and I think I know why it used default model, when was set to F modeltype. You forgot to change race field to N_SithStalker (for the F modeltype race field also determines the default model).

But if it works your way I suppose there's no point for you to remake the mod.

Well now it makes sense! But wouldn't the race data change the characters soundset as well?

Nope, soundset is set in *.utc's, which your mod doesn't alter.

Oh well, that's good to know! But the mod will work this way, too, won't it? Anyways, next time I will have a project like this I will remember this.

hi guys i was wondering something..

lines #379 dark_jedi_master will this show male dark jedi and female, or just male ?

also can anyone explain lines #19 and #20, what is that for and about ?

My idea: replace sith assasins to look like dark jedi (both) female and male.