Quanon

Quanons many projects.

Cool. I'm liking this so far. The gloves look good, and I like the boots. Will this be an update to your helmet mod? You said it was supposed to match with it.

These look awesome! I most heartily look forward to your remake of the Bandon Armor in vanilla colors (Should you decide to do it ;) )

Hmm, this looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing it's release! :)

Took a little side tour modding-wise. I stumbled on this old Star Gate mod I made, waaaay back.

I decided to flex my 3D muscle, this is all curves. Sheer madness, but I like what I cobbled together so far :P
It's far closer to the orginal movie masks.

Anubis_Stargate_zps4epryxmj.jpg

Looks great! Nice to see it wasn't just the cliche apophis (snake head design) :P.

That said, I personally like that design the most ;)

A Stargate crossover mod would be awesome!

Looks great! Nice to see it wasn't just the cliche apophis (snake head design) :P.

That said, I personally like that design the most ;)

A Stargate crossover mod would be awesome!

Well, I always liked the movie masks waaaaay more then the series aphosis snake thing. It's a shame they never used the Anubis mask.

Once I get the neck and shoulder armour ready, it shouldn't be too difficult to add different heads. :P

Anyways, I wasn't in the mood today for all this curvy business; so I did the last tweaks on the Bandon reskin.

I've added in the helmet, to show the complete outfit. It's shaping up nicely. I'll do my best to do a set that's closer to the colors of the Bandon armour ;)

Prevver44_zpsos7cge3q.jpg

Prevver45_zps1q4595g6.jpg

Prevver46_zpsypqvbvng.jpg

Prevver47_zpsh35t3dyp.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great! Will the mask not clip the collar with the PC animations? Am I thinking of JKA animations instead of KotOR ones?

Creative juices are flowing. Was in the mood to create fitting commercial signs for my Nar Shaddaa area.
Twi'leks take the top spot; everything just sells better with a handsome alien chick on the cover :D

Here's a test, messing about with a few filters. The aim is to create an animated sign. Slowly zooming out. And some text scrolling by.
Feel free to comment. Oh, ignore the lower half, that hasn't been used yet ;)

Prev_Twi_Screen01_zpscgurmp4n.jpg

• Like 1

I know Sith Holocron told me he wanted some custom Twi'lek faces when I mentioned doing custom heads. I'm up for it, but have no idea where to start. Nor do I have any experience with 3D Modelling.

Been tinkering with Malachor skies again.   Edit: Better version, did further tweaks on the fogs and less colors in the rocks.

Mal_New03.jpg

1.Can I get an updated high definition render of the skyline? Love it for a desktop!

2. I don't know when I would get around to it, but I could look into the weird seams in the skybox

@Quanon: Wow! The malachor skybox looks amazing! It adds a lot of flair to the scenery - cant wait to see it ingame...

about your animated sign:

Glad there more guys doing animations - the pic looks promising - but it looks like you adding the pic sequence per hand...seriously???

Ive mentioned it a long time ago when i started modding, if you want to use animations in Kotor -> use a professional software - i work a lot with Genetica.

The good thing is, you can do your textures with Photoshop or whatever and then just import the finished image into Genetica and basically make ANY animation you like.

There are no limitations...

Looks beautiful but how will you deal with the weird box shape?

I'll do my best to work out that problem. IIRC from my previous attempt, there's a small shift, only 1 or 2 pixels wide on the sides of the skybox.

1.Can I get an updated high definition render of the skyline? Love it for a desktop!

2. I don't know when I would get around to it, but I could look into the weird seams in the skybox

Follow this linky for the full size: http://postimg.org/image/aydcxe8v1/full/

Any help on that odd seam problem is welcome!

@Quanon: Wow! The malachor skybox looks amazing! It adds a lot of flair to the scenery - cant wait to see it ingame...

about your animated sign:

Glad there more guys doing animations - the pic looks promising - but it looks like you adding the pic sequence per hand...seriously???

Ive mentioned it a long time ago when i started modding, if you want to use animations in Kotor -> use a professional software - i work a lot with Genetica.

The good thing is, you can do your textures with Photoshop or whatever and then just import the finished image into Genetica and basically make ANY animation you like.

There are no limitations...

Well, I used 3Ds Max to render out 16 frames, slowly backing away from the twi'lek. I then paste the frames in the large overall texture. Using Photoshop for the various effects to get the look I want.

I've tried out Genetica before. But it just feels a bit odd to work with, just my 2 cents. I'm a very visual person :D

I'll keep tweaking the skyline. I've noticed it lacks depth because the rocks don't have enough scale differences. And I might have to do some new renders of the rocks themselves.

Been checking the games skybox texture; the perspective is differaent, more of a top down view, bird perspective. Mine is more 'level', in between the peaks.

I'll keep tweaking the skyline. I've noticed it lacks depth because the rocks don't have enough scale differances. And I might have to do some new renders of the rocks themselves.

As long as we get a sweet desktop render when it's all done

As long as we get a sweet desktop render when it's all done

Haha, it's a rather moody sky to look at  :P

Here's another update, added more rocks, started to scale it all down. So now you get a better feeling of cliffs far away and up close.

Mal_New04.jpg

Full size: http://postimg.org/image/cg9vhuf4h/full/

Haha, it's a rather moody sky to look at   :P

Here's another update, added more rocks, started to scale it all down. So now you get a better feeling of cliffs far away and up close.

Mal_New04.jpg

Full size: http://postimg.org/image/cg9vhuf4h/full/

Yeah, but it's sweet to look at. It's almost the perfect desktop background, plus it has meaning to me. Reminds me of a certain project that I abandoned way long ago ;)

• Like 1

I think that the twi'lek in your avatar would be a better model for your advertisements and billboards.

It's the same model ;) Just in gray scale and a different camera angle.

But I can see it actually looks better then what I have so far.

Looks sah-WEET!

Thanks mate!

Finished the Malachor skybox in Photoshop today, had a test run, and did a quick adjustment. The cliffs and rocks were too low, couldn't see them in the game.
But that was easily fixed.

I just need to fix the seam thing now so it all looks a bit more smooth in the corners of the skybox. And the dreadful top piece, which will be very annoying to get it right.
Here's how things look so far, really pleased with the fog, it works nicely with my other textures :

MAL_NEW01_zpsmixh7w7j.jpg

MAL_NEW02_zpsvvbxhw6s.jpg

MAL_NEW03_zpsdsm125c3.jpg

And for the fans, the big canvas: http://postimg.org/image/arnpopf6l/full/

Mal_New05.jpg