Xuul

Kotor Mod Spotlights

Hello Everyone! 

I'm Xuul. I have been lurking around DeadlyStream for a while now and thought i should make this post. I make Youtube videos and have a large focus on modding. For the past while i have been showcase installation videos for a variety of KOTOR mods. 

Recently i have updated my system and began to push the quality up on my videos. I am now rebooting my Kotor series with a lot better quality and focusing on showcasing as many of the amazing mods that the talented Kotor modders create. I want to showcase as many mods as i can from as many modders. I have covered a lot of material from this site (due to the wonderful restrictions of filefront)

While i realize that a lot of the DS community is probably familiar with many of these mods i hope to show them off to people so they can try them out. I also try to cover the exact installation process for those who are unfamiliar with modding their games.

Here is a sample of one of my latest videos. 

http://youtu.be/GrCcnildU3I

If you have a request/ suggestion on a mod for me to cover let me know! Please let me know what you think.

Sorry if this post is against some rule/in the wrong area! Just let me know if it is.  :welcome:

Hello Everyone! 

I'm Xuul. I have been lurking around DeadlyStream for a while now and thought i should make this post. I make Youtube videos and have a large focus on modding. For the past while i have been showcase installation videos for a variety of KOTOR mods. 

Recently i have updated my system and began to push the quality up on my videos. I am now rebooting my Kotor series with a lot better quality and focusing on showcasing as many of the amazing mods that the talented Kotor modders create. I want to showcase as many mods as i can from as many modders. I have covered a lot of material from this site (due to the wonderful restrictions of filefront)

While i realize that a lot of the DS community is probably familiar with many of these mods i hope to show them off to people so they can try them out. I also try to cover the exact installation process for those who are unfamiliar with modding their games.

Here is a sample of one of my latest videos. 

If you have a request/ suggestion on a mod for me to cover let me know! Please let me know what you think.

Sorry if this post is against some rule/in the wrong area! Just let me know if it is.  :welcome:

I'm sorry, but the video is marked as private, so can't be seen...

As an aside, did/have you done any of my mods? Some are a bit funny, some are just there for modders.

In particular, if you do my dancing mod for Kotor 2, try using it on both genders, specifically Atton for males... :D

I'm sorry, but the video is marked as private, so can't be seen...

As an aside, did/have you done any of my mods? Some are a bit funny, some are just there for modders.

In particular, if you do my dancing mod for Kotor 2, try using it on both genders, specifically Atton for males... :D

I have not looked at your mods but they are now on my list. I will definitely do videos on them.

Also sorry about that the video wasnt set to go live for another hour for whatever reason.

It should be visible now.

Once TSLRCM 1.8.3 and the new version of M4-78 EP get released, having a nice video like this will helpful for some of our newer players.

Firstly, I approve of your way of showcasing mods with video for easy comparison for people unfamiliar with what options they have to make Kotor look better for them.

I just have a small issue with the way that video is presented (at least for me); the video seems to be too dark to the point that I cannot see the differences. Your voice in comparing them does a fine job of describing them, but I can't see it in the video...

the video seems to be too dark to the point that I cannot see the differences.

I suggest viewing the video on YouTube and setting the Quality (under Settings) to maxiumum.

For mods like he showed, it probably would be in his favor to show them in a extremely brightly lit area.

For K1 mods, I'd recommend the area inside the Rakatan Mind Trap area.

Rakprison.jpg

For K2, on top of the Telos Polar Plateau is probably best.

Telos_polar.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cool video!

I hope you continue to do more videos about kotor mods. :thumbup:

Yeah i will be. I am trying to focus on much higher quality videos than some of my older ones (That are mostly install tutorials).

I am trying to have at least one video per week done for this series but we all know how deadlines work with things like this.

I suggest viewing the video on YouTube and setting the Quality (under Settings) to maxiumum.

For mods like he showed, it probably would be in his favor to show them in a extremely brightly lit area.

Well, while I agree about filming in different areas, Youtube has a built-in plugin to increase the brightness/contrast, color depth, etc.. which I used to get some of my darker videos to a higher level of visiblity (I was filming on Dxun).

BTW, when I maximized the video playing on DS, it automatically set the quality to 720p, so I was already viewing it at the highest quality.. 

BTW, when I maximized the video playing on DS, it automatically set the quality to 720p, so I was already viewing it at the highest quality..

If you "Watch it on YouTube" rather than on here, you can set it for 1080p